Wedding dress from Thailand

Hi

Has anyone got a wedding dress made in Bangkok. I'm going there at Christmas and thought that I could get one made from Thai silk, but I'm worried about choosing the right dress maker. Does anyone have any recommendations?

:\?

• Hi Louise

I live in Bangkok so am happy to help! My wedding dress was made by a fantastic dressmaker near the famous Khao San Road- please send me an email if you'd like her details (press the mail button under my reply).

You can see pictures of my finished dress here - http://www.artyphoto.net/wedding/Pages/joanna%26dominic.html

There are also pictures of the dress as a work in progress on my gallery pages.

I purchased all my own fabric as I wanted lace as well as the lovely Thai silk - I didn't need to do this as the dressmaker had a good selection. I have since reccomended this dressmaker to another Bangkok ex-pat and she was equally satisfied with her dress. She isn't the cheapest dressmaker here but her customer service, English skills and attention to detail make her more than worth it (she wasn't that much more expensive than many of the others!).

Jo

x