Skiathos

Hello

Anybody else tying the knot in skiathos?.

XX

• jobabyukjobabyuk Posts: 366
    Hi there,

No i'm not getting married there, but we go there nearly every year and love it, it's just we're getting married in feb which is out of Skiathos season. Where abouts you getting married and when? Where are you staying, have you been before?

Jo x
  • we really wanted to get married there, i've been loasd of times and love the place. also the first hol me and h2b had together.

it wasn't possible for us as h2b was in afghan this summer (only came back in october) so we couldn't do it. also needed to get wed b4 march next year due to moving to NI.

i am v jelous tho. its the one thing i really wish we could do differently.

hope you enjoy it x
  • Hiya

weve been a couple of times before....we havent been for a year getting withdrawel symptoms lol....we get married Sep 18th 2008 at a hotel called the Aegean suites, in megali ammos. We have booked 2 weeks at la luna apartments in troulos and we stay at our wedding hotel on the night of our wedding as a bit of a treat. Where are u getting married?. How are the plans coming on?

Ive got my dress sorted now phew xx
  • Hiya

weve been a couple of times before....we havent been for a year getting withdrawel symptoms lol....we get married Sep 18th 2008 at a hotel called the Aegean suites, in megali ammos. We have booked 2 weeks at la luna apartments in troulos and we stay at our wedding hotel on the night of our wedding as a bit of a treat. Where are u getting married?. How are the plans coming on?

Ive got my dress sorted now phew xx
  • jobabyukjobabyuk Posts: 366
    Hiya,

Oh sounds really nice, is there many going with you?

We're getting married in Cuba at the Melia Cayo Guillermo. Can't wait.

I've got my dress too, what dress have you got, mine sthe Rita by Maggie Sottero.

We normally go every september so may be there when you get married xx

• Cuba WOW sounds gorge....ive got an allure dress, love it so much. The maggie ones are beautiful. image
  • Cuba WOW sounds gorge....ive got an allure dress, love it so much. The maggie ones are beautiful. image
  • Hi

I'm currently investigating the possibilities of getting married in Rhodes, Santorini or Skiathos this September.

May I ask you who you have booked your wedding through? Did you know you wanted Skiathos or did you do alot of researching too?

Thanks for any advise and ideas.
  • Hiya Mermaid

We have been to Skiathos a couple of times before and we fell in love with the place. We went to see a hotel last time we were there as we were going to have a meal there, very romantice place etc. We were trying to decide on where to get married and after much umming and ahhing we decided on skiathos as we love it so much and we know what we are getting!.

Have you decided on anything yet?.

Kirsty
  • Hi Skiathosbride & Mermaid!

We are trying to decide between Skopelos and Skiathos at the moment for our wedding. I think we are veering towards Skiathos though as we love the place!

Can I ask who you went with for your wedding Skiathos Bride? We live in Belfast you see and there aren't flights from here, just Dublin, so we probably will be booking our own accommodation and that sort of thing!

There aren't that many wedding planners it seems in Skiathos so not that much choice!

Thanks!

Nicola
  • Hi Nicola :\)

We got brochures from planet holidays. We also looked on the internet.

Once we had decided on skiathos I looked at hotels in skiathos to get married in. The Aegean Suites website had an e mail address to contact them and they provided me with lots of brilliant info on the hotel and also what you could have on your wedding day. So we booked straight through the hotel and we have booked our 2 week holiday with First Choice.

You can also get married in the Bourtzi on the island in skiathos town.

If you would like any info I have on the hotel just ask I can e mail you them xx
  • Thanks Skiathos Bride!

I have signed up to the Skiathos Bulletin Board as well, there is some brill info on there!

I must have a look at planet holidays!

Thanks!!! :\)
  • we are getting married at the skiathos princess on the beach on 17th May- we fly out on 9th as have to be there 8 days before.

getting very excited now!!!

we chose skiathos as we loved it when we went on holiday there.

let me know if there is anything i can help with! xxx
  • NicbabesukNicbabesuk Posts: 72
    Lovely Anna-Louise!! Have you made all the arrangements yourself? We are going through a lady called Anastasia! We're in the very early stages of the planning, trying to think of budgets per head and places to have the reception at the minute!!

Just realising you'll be there now, woo hoo!

So if you're reading this when you come back - CONGRATULATIONS!!!

And if I could see some of your pics and get some advice I would love that!

Nicola x
  • Lauren Whitworth is a New York based makeup artist but spends the summer in Skiathos....Amazing makeup!  www.laurenwhitworth.com [email protected]