DOMINICAN REPUBLIC BRIDES??!!!!!!

Hi everyone, i'm getting married at the Iberostar Costa Dorada on february 16th 2009 and was wondering if there are any other Dom Rep brides on here and where your all getting married??

:\)

• wcumiskawcumiska Posts: 114
    Hi Leachick

I got married there last September - Out of this World! I'd been 2 years earlier to my friends wedding and it was so good we decided to marry there ourselves.

You will have a great time.

Dudelet x
  • lea1982uklea1982uk Posts: 71
    oh thanks for that.....you've put my mind at ease. ahhhhhhh i can't wait!!!! x anyone else?

[Modified by: leachick on March 22, 2008 08:16 PM]
  • kazinozkazinoz Posts: 51
    Hi,

we are getting married in approx 9 weeks now in may in the domincan republic at Sunscape casa del mar - we went to this hotel last year and fell i love with the place!!!

are u organised for everything yet?
  • NearlyMrsMikeNearlyMrsMike Posts: 1,768
    xxx
    hi leachick,

not quite organised unfortunalty had a delay on a copy of my H2B divorcee absolute paperwork so we are held up at the mo waitin for that once that arrives hopefully in the next week we can go down to london and then pay extra to get the paperwork rushed through in 7 days!!! starting to stress a lil now tho! other than tha everything else is sorted!! how about you?

Karen
    Liz,

any idea on how long the paperwork process takes??

Karen
    xxx
    Quoted:
    hi leachick,

not quite organised unfortunalty had a delay on a copy of my H2B divorcee absolute paperwork so we are held up at the mo waitin for that once that arrives hopefully in the next week we can go down to london and then pay extra to get the paperwork rushed through in 7 days!!! starting to stress a lil now tho! other than tha everything else is sorted!! how about you?

Karen
    i would be a nervous wreck! only booked it all on friday so waiting for wedding pack ect from first choice then i will get cracking.....where do i start?
    xxx
    Hi Leachick,

yes am starting to stress a little - but i guess it wont make things happen any quicker, all because there was a mix up with my H2B divorce paperwork. Word of advice make sure you get all the paperwork you need to get legalised and translated and send off as soon at your wedding date/holiday date is within 12 weeks! The only thing that i have found to expire before this time is the stat declarations that expire after 12 weeks! Just had a quote from the solicitors and they said it should cost about £5 each. Once this is done i will go in person to the foreign and commonwealth office and get it all done in a day - saving a bit of time. For the rest you can pay an extra £10 when you send it to the embassy and they get it donw within a week!
    doesn't sound too bad sorting all the documents and things. it's annoying i have to wait another 7 1/2 months until i can get it done though but never mind!

would love to chat to any dom rep brides during the build up x

[Modified by: leachick on March 26, 2008 08:57 PM]
  • Im getting married in the DR is August 2009.
    do u know where abouts yet?
  • NutkinukNutkinuk Posts: 14
    Quoted:
    Hi,

we are getting married in approx 9 weeks now in may in the domincan republic at Sunscape casa del mar - we went to this hotel last year and fell i love with the place!!!

Hi Karen,

We're getting married there too! Our wedding's next month. We've never been there but from the reviews and brochures it looks great.

Hope your big day goes well - good luck!
    hi nutkin

I cant wait now only 2 weeks till we go.......so excited! When are you there? Are you all ready?

Karen
  • Quoted:
    do u know where abouts yet?

Yeah were going to the Sirenis Tropical. xx
  • NutkinukNutkinuk Posts: 14
    Quoted:
    hi nutkin

I cant wait now only 2 weeks till we go.......so excited! When are you there? Are you all ready?

Karen

Hi Karen,

We fly out in 4 weeks. We're nearly sorted now, though it's only us and our kids going so not too much to organise really! My main worry at the moment is how I'm ging to pack everything!!

Nutkin
    hi nutkin,

who are you flyin with check out your luggage allowance as different airlines allow more for wedding attire!!

We are almost ready now too - shame we wont be there at the same time!
  • KatieCushKatieCush Posts: 37
    We are getting married in the Iberostar Costa Dorada in August.

Iam totally stressing about the documents as the Dominican Embassy are telling me different to what First Choice are. Who do i listen to?? If anyone has been married already and got their documents translated independantly could you give me some advice so i can stop paniking it would be greatly appreciated, i think my work colleagues are going to gagg me if i talk about the documents one more time :\?.

Thanks
  • kelly162bkelly162b Posts: 1,793
    katiecush,i have got mine translated through an independent company,but firstly got them legalised at the embassy/commonwealth office,this is what first choice told me to do,i panicked at first as read different things,but have just read a post on tripadvisor,from someone who has done the same as me and they married her,hope this helps x
    Kelly, thank you for getting back to me. Im as sick as a chip as the Dominican Embassy are saying that they need to see the translated documents so they can certify them and then they charge £60 per document. First Choice are just saying that they are trying to make money but surely they shouldnt be allowed to do this its ridiculous!! You would think that they would all be singing from the same hymn sheet. If you dont mind me asking how much did they charge you for translation.

Katie x
    it was a small firm in exeter where i live,and it cost £103,for the 4 docs(2 stat decs and 2 b/certs),and they signed and stamped each page,and did a covering letter saying that they are certified,first choice have got photocopies of mine a few weeks ago and are fine with it,i have also been told that the embassy are trying to make money,i have also been told that the docs can be done out there,but it isnt true,if you have booked through a uk tour company you have to do them in england-if you book the wedding direct with the hotel,you can do the docs out there,and it is cheaper-grrrr!

i got so stressed about it,but feel alot better now,i know how you are feeling,try and find the post on tripadvisor from the woman who did it the way that i have,i think her screen name is chellechay,i feel alot better knowing that hers were fine!x
    Kelly your a star a massive weight of my shoulders. Could i be cheeky and ask the name of the company that translated them. Im waiting for a quote from a company near me but they are taking ages. By the way thank you very much x
    it was called total language solutions,just google for spanish translations and loads come up,im just trying to find the post on trip advisor and i will copy and paste it,made me feel loads better reading it!x
    hi katiecush,its me again,here is the post from tripadvisor-

heI got married at the Iberostar Costa Dorada on the 28th of May this year and I didnt have my spanish translations legalised at the Embassy. I had my birth certificates and statutory declarations legalised at the foreign office and the Dominican Embassy and once they came back I had translations of all four documents done by a company in Maidstone, Kent for £82 (for all four) they are certified as true copies of the originals when translated which is sufficient. The Dominican Embassy advise that your translations be legalised but its not necessary. The wedding co-ordinator for Thomson said my paperwork was very proffessional and I had no problems at all.

one word of advice,if you go on tripadvisor,there are alot of americans/canadians on there advising what to do,but they have different requirements than us,so dont get confused!

x

Kelly thank you youve made my day i can sleep at night now lol x
    hi Katie crush

dont worry about 9 weeks ago i was in the same situation!!!

It actually is pretty simple once you have got your documentation legalised at the foreign and commonwealth office - then send it all to the dom embassy and i f i were you i would let them do it all for you i dont think it works any much difference money wise!!! We had 5 documents in all and the total after everythin was around 850. If you need more specific info let me know! We fly 2 weeks today!!!

Karen
    i fly 2 weeks today too
    hi kelly where r u stayin?