Wedding in Austria

Has anyone been to Austria to get married or due to go?

We are looking at Kaprun, possibly the castle to get married.. any info or advice welcomed :\)

• jojosieukjojosieuk Posts: 159
    Hi, finally another Austria Bride! I also looked at Kaprun, but went with Zell am See in the end. We marry on 16th December and i can't wait. The hotel we are staying at is arranging the wedding as they have their own company doing this. We marry in the local registry office which is a castle like building in the centre. The hotel have been fabulous, answering all email queries within 24 hours (mostly quicker) and helping me decide on things. We have quite a few people going out with us and they have sorted out rooms and transfers. Am quite happy I chose them and I feel safe in their hands.

When are you wanting to go?

• I'm getting married in Zell am See in September. I have used a company in the UK called Austria Direct who is helping me arrange everything. He offers several different types of weddings in different regions but he will advise what he thinks would suit you best.
  • clairedc1clairedc1 Posts: 574
    hi i'm not getting married married in austria but my daughter who is 13 has just left yesterday to go skiing in zell am see with her school!!! it looks really nice from pics i've seen on web x
    Zell am See does look nice. I wanted somewhere to suit everyone as some of our guests have young children, but somewhere with loads to do. I just want it to be December!!
  • DiddeenDiddeen Posts: 7
    Quoted:
    Hi, finally another Austria Bride! I also looked at Kaprun, but went with Zell am See in the end. We marry on 16th December and i can't wait. The hotel we are staying at is arranging the wedding as they have their own company doing this. We marry in the local registry office which is a castle like building in the centre. The hotel have been fabulous, answering all email queries within 24 hours (mostly quicker) and helping me decide on things. We have quite a few people going out with us and they have sorted out rooms and transfers. Am quite happy I chose them and I feel safe in their hands.

When are you wanting to go?

We are thinking of March 09 I assume they would still have snow at that time of year? Do you have any pics of the castle type building you will get married in? I dont want to marry in a chapel/church so was looking for something different. The castle in Kaprun looked very different!
  • Congratulations Austrian brides. I am not an Austrian bride but had the most wonderful holiday in Kaprun so always thought I would be one. It is so beautiful there -good choice.
    Quoted:
    Congratulations Austrian brides. I am not an Austrian bride but had the most wonderful holiday in Kaprun so always thought I would be one. It is so beautiful there -good choice.

Thanks.. did you see or visit the castle at Kaprun? Can you recommend any nice hotels in the area? or companies you booked with?
  • ejoyceukejoyceuk Posts: 16
    We are getting married in Bad Gastein in May. Have arranged through Austria Direct and John has been excellent, answering any questions or queries very promptly. I liked Bad Gastein as it is near the mountains and looked very peaceful. We went out in October to have a look and fell in love with the place and country, it was so tranquil and everyone was very friendly and helpful.
    Hi Diddeen, here is a link to our hotel & organiser.

http://www.wedding-austria.com/hz-engl/index.html

there are photos on there of the marriage venue etc.

x

Hi Diddeen, here is a link to our hotel & organiser.

http://www.wedding-austria.com/hz-engl/index.html

there are photos on there of the marriage venue etc.

x

• Hi Jojosie, we have the same people arranging our wedding although I have gone via a gentleman in the UK as h2b and I have never been to Austria so didnt know where to start. We are staying in the same hotel and having a civil ceremony at Castle Rosenberg
  • Hi!!

I am due to get married on the 20th December 2008 in Kaprun. My hotel is the sport-kristall and I have done my booking through www.weddings-abroad.com.

I travelled over there in March and to say it was amazing is an understatement! (There was snow in March!!)

The hotel is fantastic and the staff can't do enough to help you, we were planning on getting married in the castle but because we are getting married on a Saturday and it is the weekend before xmas it was booked up, however we viewed other venues offered by the hotel an old style Austrian Barnhouse and the registry office and have decided to go for the registry office. The registry offices in Austria are very nice, they will decorate it and the views great! I'm not sure if this is correct but when we were at our hotel we were told that it was the only hotel allowed to have weddings in the castle!

Sam at weddings abroad is very helpful and has guided us the whole way, we had never been to Austria nor been skiing!

If you would like more help you can contact me on [email protected]

Shell x

Thanks for all the info! I have contacted Weddings abroad and they only had 1 date left for March. Im waiting for Perfect weddings abroad to get back to me but im guessing it will be the same as i guess they use the same hotels. We cant get married at the castle as they said you have to have a min of 20 people at the ceremony and we only having a few member of family with us.. still will be nice to have photos there. Wonder if its still snowy in April if we cant get march??
  • Yeah i found some some other Austrian brides to be. Me and my hubby to be have booked to get married in Zell am See on 26 Feb 09. We went out this this feb and had a great time. We booked our wedding direct through the hotel (Romantik) and they booked the registry office (Castle/ Rathaus) for us. We booked our holiday through Crystal.

If anyone has any questions about Zell and booking i might be able to help from my experience so far. Also i am sure i will have lots of questions to ask too....
  • j73j73 Posts: 2,185
    Austria is gorgeous and I'll be going there to get married in Salzburg! I read you can only book a venue 6 months in advance though is that right? I also read that you have to have a civil ceremony but you can have a church blessing afterwards... Does this mean you can have any music there or is religious music still a no go? Thanks girls
  • Hi Rachael,

Are you getting married at the Mirabell Palace? We looked into getting married there and they will only take bookings 6 months in advance however the person we were organising it with said if we confirmed it in advance it meant someone would be there first thing on the morning it could be booked to assure we would get that date.

We are having a civil ceremony first then a church blessing afterwards as legally you must have a civil ceremony as for the music i am afraid i dont know i havent really thought about it much at the moment.

I organised my wedding through Austria Direct, John is very knowledgeable and i would recommend speaking to him.

http://www.austria-direct.biz/index.htm

• j73j73 Posts: 2,185
    Yes I'm getting married at the Mirabell Palace I think its gorgeous there and my Mum loves it too. Do they have a minimum number of guest allowed thing? I hope not I wanted to keep it small and intimate! I'm going to use Austria direct :\) I wish they'd let you book further! Thats really good that they can do that though, have someone there on the morning to make sure you get that date. There's no date in particular I wantI just want some time in the summer.
    I think we have decided to go to Zell am See now... we have two choices of where to get married though.. the Castle Rosenburg in Zell am See or the town hall in Kaprun. Anyone know what the town hall in Kaprun looks like?? I think we would stay at Romantik hotel in Zell
    Hi Diddeen, Romantik Hotel looks lovely, can't remember why we didn't book there now!! Mrs B2B, you can tell me all about your wedding before i go!!