A long shot... anyone getting married in denmark

I know its an unusual destination but I am marrying a Danish guy in his home town in July and I am very excited about it and just wondered if anyone else was in the same boat.

• sammiuksammiuk Posts: 95
    Hi,

Im not gettinmg married in Denmark, but i did go to a friends wedding in Denmark 3 years ago.

I was a beautiful hot day and the party was half english (grooms side) and half Danish (the bride).

They conducted the ceremony in both languages and at the reception they had translations for the speeches for people to follow. If you are introducing danish/english traditions make sure they are explained to the 'foreigners' so everyone knows whats going on - the Danish have a weding tradition that when the groom leaves the room all the men get up and kiss the bride and when the bride leaves the room all the women kiss the groom - you can imagine how confusing that was at first for the Brits!!!!

We had a fab time and all of the UK crew made a weekend of the trip, you'l be surprised how many people will make the effort!

Good luck!
  • eeping76eeping76 Posts: 927
    Hi

Wedding will be in Norway!

[Modified by: lime on June 27, 2006 09:19 AM]
  • mrjacobsensgirl wrote (see post):

I know its an unusual destination but I am marrying a Danish guy in his home town in July and I am very excited about it and just wondered if anyone else was in the same boat.

Hello there. Do you want a free wedding photography ? All I need is to cover my travel and accommodation expenses. Shuvaseesh 0044 77 1 777 32 01 ( http://www.das-photography.co.uk/ )