Favour Ideas...

Just wondered what sort of favours people are having? We are getting married sept 09 in Cyrpus, There will only be adults there so no kids favours to worry about, any ideas?!

• melowdiemelowdie Posts: 219
    we're getting married in Amsterdam in August 09 and my idiot of a H2B wanted to give everyone weed *rolls my eyes* I thought of giving everyone massage bars in love heart shapes from LUSH! Soft Couer I think they're called!;\)

[Modified by: melowdie on April 29, 2008 01:58 PM]
  • handbag007handbag007 Posts: 436
    Hi Pinny83, i'm having the same thoughts as you.

Im also getting married Sept 09, in Cyprus. on the 11th at Zucchinni's how about you?

For favour ideas for cyprus I found these:

Beach in a bottle

Seaside tealights

I'm not sure of you theme though so try these two websites:

www.aweddinglessordinary.co.uk

&

www.wedoweddingfavours.co.uk
  • pinny83pinny83 Posts: 40
    thanks for the replies, thinking of doing personalised hand fans for the ladies but not sure about the men, really can't see my dad wafting one of these around on the day!! h2b suggested cufflinks but i'm not too keen, I can only see a couple of the men actually ever wearing them!

I'm getting married 09/09/09 @ nissi beach xxxx
    Hi Pinny83, after our wedding were spending the rest of the week in Paphos then were going to go to Nissi on about the 14th Sept. So we could be there at the same time!

It's nice now more Sept 09 brides are on here when I first joined I felt like the only one!

Can't decided where to stay though at the moment, can't seem to get any prices for the nissi beach, i've had a look at the Atlantica hotel there (the one with the huge pool) it's a little expensive but right near the beach!

Have you been before?

Selina x

How about mini bottles of whiskey for the men?I quite think thats a good idea of his and hers favours image
    Quoted:
    Hi Pinny83, after our wedding were spending the rest of the week in Paphos then were going to go to Nissi on about the 14th Sept. So we could be there at the same time!

It's nice now more Sept 09 brides are on here when I first joined I felt like the only one!

Can't decided where to stay though at the moment, can't seem to get any prices for the nissi beach, i've had a look at the Atlantica hotel there (the one with the huge pool) it's a little expensive but right near the beach!

Have you been before?

Selina x

The nissi beach hotel looks fantastic, we are going out there in July to have a look round so I will let you know what it's like - I'm so glad I am able to do this! I feel a little silly sometimes asking questions about a wedding so far away (compared to some having theirs this summer) but I want to get everything booked asap so I know whats what! Ive got prices for nissi beach rooms for this year if you want them? If you do let me know your email address if you don't mind and ill send them to you - think homeymooners get special deals/freebies aswell. Ive been to Cyprus numerous times as my parents have got an apartment there, which conviently is about 10 mins from nissi!!! This will come in handy as I'm planning on taking favours (when I decide on them!!) and other bits over there before - less to worry about! How about you?
    Quoted:
    How about mini bottles of whiskey for the men?I quite think thats a good idea of his and hers favours image

I thought of this too - with personalised labels but h2b had a stress last night and said he did'nt think we were doing favours for the reception there just our uk party?! Oh well, I'm sure I can persuade him, theres only going to be 15 blokes anyway so it will hardly break the bank!!!
    Hiya, we went out to Paphos at the begining of March to book the wedding. Had a great time, but i'm one of these people that likes to travel and doesn't usualy go to the same place twice - hense why I want to go somewhere different for the second week.

If you could email me the prices you mention that would be great. Do they offer a all inclusive / full board option? I might contact the hotel directly and see what they come up with for Next year. My email address is [email protected]

I'm so undecided about favours, I don't fancy something foody / chocolates becasue they'll be enough of that on the day, just need something different and light. I'm working on a beach / shell theme for the wedding, have you anything like that in mind?

• Hi sunnycyprus,

Iv'e already booked my wedding at nissibeach for July 09. I booked the wedding part through my wedding planner and have just booked the holiday. It cost £3700 for 2weeks for 2 adults and 2 kids, hope this helps.
    Ive already booked my ceremony ( i am dealing direct with the hotel) but as it's not il next september the prices are not available yet. Mrs mbsb who did you book the holiday with? I'm trying to decide whether to book this part through the hotel or travel company, also have you hired out any of the beach areas - rondavel etc?

SunnyCyprus - I will email you the prices, they do b&b, half and full board I think!
  • Hi pinny,

i booked the holiday with a local independent travel agent (Belfast). I had estimated booking direct with the hotel and then trying to arrange flights but it seemed abit stressful so i went ahead and booked with the agent, i wanted one of the beach bungalows and apparently they go very quick so i didn't want to miss out. I have already paid for the rondavel direct with Marios at the hotel and arranged the ceremony through my wedding co-ordinator.
    So that price is for one of the beach bungalows? That's pretty good. What board basis are you going for?
  • yeah thats for one of the bungalows B&B. I don't want to pay for Half-board or anything because we have around 60 guests coming out and i'm sure the kids will be with other family members over the two weeks.