Getting wed in Protaras!

Hi,

we were all set for booking our wedding in Paphos but have now decided on Protaras, have no idea where to start, we would like a civil ceremony & reception in one place preferably overlooking the beach but are on a tight budget! Any advice & recommendations would be really appreciated!

Emma

• em2207em2207 Posts: 195
    Hiya,

we are getting married in protaras, we searched through all the different hotels and checked their reviews and we then set our heart on Sunrise beach, the wedding venues did it for me(see my avtar) we are on a tight budget and are paying more than i would have wanted too!

I have also got a wedding planner kerry from the aisle of love, which is a great help as i can chat to her about what i want and she trys to sort it out and emails me prices for everything so i can keep an eye on the budget, so i would def reccomend a planner, i booked the wedding first then the holiday around it!

When are you thinking of? mine is Oct 09.

Em xx
  • 3mmalou3mmalou Posts: 257
    we're looking at the end of May 09, (hopefully 29th) so need to get a move on, hope u don't mind me asking but what has the holiday cost you? is it just u & h2b, we have 2 kids so looking for somewhere family friendly but still budget friendly!
    We spent more on the hol than i would have liked but i love the hotel and the reviews are excellent, we are paying £2500 for 2weeks half board for 2 adults and 1 child, but there seems to be lots of cheaper family friendly hotels nearby too.

We are then hoping to do everything else for £1500 but the only thing that could make me go over that is if all the people i have invited come as it will cost me more for the food at the reception!!

If you dont mind me asking what is your budget? Mine was £3500 before i booked the hol so now i have put it up to £4000 but its gonna be a struggle because we are paying for it ourselves and i only work part time in a not very well paid job (childcare!!)

Em xx
    Hi,

we're hoping to do everything for less than £5000, we're paying it all ourselves & have 2 kiddies! we had some quotes for sunrise beach but they were quite alot more than you have paid, who have you booked through? It is stunning, you will have an amazing wedding there! we're now looking at Cavo Maris but can't get a quote off the travel agents for this, they say the prices for this hotel haven't been released yet! Hoping it's not too expensive (for everyone else aswell as ourselves!) I have emailed Kerry at Aisle of love as lots of people have recommended her on here but so far i have only had the brochure from her. (although i only emailed her yesterday to be fair, lol)

how far have you got with your other plans, colour scheme etc?
    Hi, we have booked with Thomas cook, we booked on the day they went on sale and we heard a rumour that there cheaper on that day and we took the rubbish flight times too as we thought our lil one might sleep!

Havent really got any other definate plans I looked through some menus for the reception and have just started looking at prices for a photographer but iam starting to panic about our budget! I cant decide on a colour scheme, we both wanted to use our footy team colours but not sure how it would look for a wedding its claret & blue, not sure what else we want but want to get it organised as soon as poss so i know what we've got to save! Do you know what you want. colour scheme ect?

Em x
    west ham or villa fans by any chance?

i've always wanted black & white but was thinking it will be too hot for my teenage bridesmaid wearing black but they love the idea, hopefully ceremony will be about 5pm so it shouldn't be too bad for them! lol. As for the budget i keep trying not to add it all up at once, it gets scary!! lol
    WEST HAM! I love the idea of black & white, i thought about it too, i have seen some pics of bridesmaids abroad in black dresses and they looked lovely, they should be ok at 5pm.

I dont know wether our budget will stretch to bridesmaids but one of my sisters has offered to buy her own dress as she is gonna buy a new outfit anyway!

How many bridesmaids/paige boys are you having?

Em x
    I've got 2 teenage neices, that would never forgive me if they weren't bridesmaids, then my lad & little girl! h2b's mum asked for his 2 neices & nephew aswell but had to decline, getting a bit O.T.T, was trying to keep it relaxed & informal lol! That's really cool of your sister to offer to pay for her own dress though, was she going to be one of your witnesses anyway?

if ur going with the blue & claret colour scheme perhaps you should ask all your guests to come wearing the footie tops! (just to wind up the ones that aren't west ham fans, lol)

Hiya,

I know what you mean its hard when you have to choose bcos ive got 2 sisters and h2b's sister who iam sure would all love to be bridesmaids, and then ive got my lil boy who will be a paige boy but then there is nephews and nieces who will all want a part too!!!

Yeh my sis will prob be a witness and she said she is quite happy to buy a dress that we can both choose, so might take her up on the offer!

I dont think we are gonna be able to have the claret and blue colour scheme, as dnt know how it would look, so iam thinking maybe just claret, which i think would like nice against ivory(prob my dress colour), but i think i would like some colour scheme ideas as iam totally indecisive!

xx