Weddings in Cyprus

Hi there to all

Looking to get married in Cyprus next June, preferably in a hotel setting. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on the best hotel/wedding packages and any tips or advice please

I have been searching on the internet, but only mainly getting pictures that are from glossy holiday brochures

Many thanks

Lou xx

• 3mmalou3mmalou Posts: 257
    where about's have you got in mind and do you have a small or large budget?
  • We are thinking of Paphos, Limmasol or Protaras, the hotels I have seen are the Elysium, columbia beach and Paphos amathus hotel in Paphos. We haven't really set a budget as yet, but don't want to be paying over the odds.

Thanks

Lou
  • 3mmalou3mmalou Posts: 257
    We were looking at Paphos originally and there are some lovely ones there, Elysium looks amazing, i have read somewhere that it's the best hotel on the island! We have now decided on Protaras and are still looking for a hotel ourselves there. If you decide on Paphos, Ruth Walton @ Paphos Prestige Weddings is amazing, she answered loads of questions for us and sent photos, price lists, menu's etc. We're actually gutted that we can't use her now we've decided on Protaras but have now contacted Kerry at Aisle of love as she's highly recommended on here also.

Hope this helps!

Em
  • caz6430caz6430 Posts: 62
    Hi there

Im getting married in Paphos next May 2009, everything is booked. Me and my partner flew out in March to have a look round. We had a look at the Elysium which was gorgeous but if you get married in the hotel all your guests have to stop there! (and its not very cheap!). We have settled for the Annabelle (www.theannabellehotel.com) the setting is gorgeous and the staff were really helpful.

I have pictures of loads of the hotels from our visit that we took and can send some to you if you wish?

We have booked with Planet Holiday (www.planet-holidays.co.uk) which were recommended to me and they have been excellent.

Hope this helps.

Carla image
  • csegeriuscsegerius Posts: 72
    I am shooting a wedding in Paphos in July 2008. My husband and I (we where married in SA last year) are shooting weddings together. I can send a link to the photos once I return if that helps. www.chanellebruce.co.uk

• em2207em2207 Posts: 195
    Hi, iam getting married in Protaras at Sunrise beach, it looks a lovely hotel and the reviews were excellent and i fell in love with the wedding venue (see my avtar), we liked the sound of protaras, as our hotel is in the centre of the resort and their is shops, bars and restaurants and a wide range of hotels for our guests nearby! We booked our wedding with kerry at the aisle of love who has been great, and is worth contacting!

Em x
  • Vikki206Vikki206 Posts: 300
    Hi,

I just wanted to make a correction to an earlier post on his link all guests do not have to stay at the Elysium. Some of the wedding brochures such as Olympic have incorrect information. At one point all guest had to be staying at the Elysium but it didn't work so they have changed that. We are booked for the Elysium in July 2009 and have had many conversations with the planner at the Elysium, this was the very first thing I checked and it is not correct. Hope that helps because I think it has thrown many people. We did look at the Anabelle as well and agree another beautiful place - there and the Elysium were our two favs and it was a difficult decision to make. I am sure whatever you choose will be beautiful!

• caz6430caz6430 Posts: 62
    Hi Vikkim

This is what we were informed by a wedding planner so I thought i'd best post it, she told us it only applys if you get married in the hotel so if you choose a chapel or church outside your fine, this is one of the reasons why we didn't choose the Elysium. The other reason was while we were in Cyprus we asked to meet with the wedding planner at the Elysium but they didn't even bother to contact us where as the Anabelle were on the ball.

The Elysium though was an amazing setting never seen a hotel like it. We were also wondering round it when the sun was going down which made it even more special.

x

• Thank you so much for your replies, its such a difficult decision!!! If anyone has pictures or advice could you please email me on [email protected] and I will be truly grateful

Hope all wedding plans are going well for everyone

xx
  • Louby-lou

we got married in the Coral Beach hotel in Coral Bay. If you would like to see photos please e:mail me. We married in the ampitheatre and then took all of our guests out on a cruise then back to the hotel for Greek Meze @ CY£16 per head. we had a brilliant day - guest are still talking about in now!!

Kate
  • lap1926lap1926 Posts: 228
    Quoted:
    Hi, iam getting married in Protaras at Sunrise beach, it looks a lovely hotel and the reviews were excellent and i fell in love with the wedding venue (see my avtar), we liked the sound of protaras, as our hotel is in the centre of the resort and their is shops, bars and restaurants and a wide range of hotels for our guests nearby! We booked our wedding with kerry at the aisle of love who has been great, and is worth contacting!

Em x

We too get married at the Sunrise Beach in Protaras! Ive got all the wedding details..prices, meal options, photos and hairdresser prices if you want them?

I have stayed in Protaras before and love the resort...only 67 days to go for us.

Em if you wouldnt mind I would love to chat to you about it... you are the first person ive seen on here at the same hotelimage Feel free to email me and we can swap notes if you want??? image

• em2207em2207 Posts: 195
    Hiya,

Ooo someone to talk about sunrise beach with, cant wait!! I am sending you an email.

Em x
  • Hi Looby Lou

I have just been married in Paphos Cyprus and i would reccomend it to anyone.

I Highly reccomend you looking at a women called Linda Fletcher her web sight is Paphos Total Weddings, she is fantastic. I had NO STRESS whats so ever, she looked after everything from start to finish and on the day everything was so perfect no problems at all. The hotel that she used was called the Aquamare and yet again it was fantastic.

Highly Reccommended Paphos Total Weddingsimage
  • fi77fi77 Posts: 4
    Hi [email protected]

I am also using Linda and getting married at the Aquamare. Delighted to have found someone who got married there. How was it? What was the hotel like? Any photos?

We havnt been over there yet, and wont be untill next june when we get married, really excited about it all!!

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

• suesonnsuesonn Posts: 6
    Hi All

Just a word of warning: please do not use Paul or Andria Smith of Cyprus Moments Weddings & Events. They advertise as wedding co ordinators in the Larnaca area and are suppliers of chair covers for weddings at numerous hotels.

We currently have a county court judgement and are owed £2200 to date. Further confirmation can be viewed on www.ripoffreport.com just search for Cyprus Moments and you will see we are not the only ones to have been ripped off.

Please do not use or part with any monies for your special day, you will live to regret it.

Sue
  • hi i got married in paphos last month, our honeymoonw as at the elysium, the guests of the wedding definately didn`t have to stay over when we were there even if they married at the hotel. The hotel is beautiful . there is a hairdressers etc there that was also reasonably priced and did some beautiful styles, i booked a hairdresser and make up after they were recommended on here and was absolutely ripped off, wish i`d gone to the elysium!!!
  • hi i got married in paphos last month, our honeymoonw as at the elysium, the guests of the wedding definately didn`t have to stay over when we were there even if they married at the hotel. The hotel is beautiful . there is a hairdressers etc there that was also reasonably priced and did some beautiful styles, i booked a hairdresser and make up after they were recommended on here and was absolutely ripped off, wish i`d gone to the elysium!!!
  • EmmaWukEmmaWuk Posts: 241
    We are regular travellers to Paphos, (4 times) and got married at Peyia (beautiful) and stayed at the Paphos Amathus last year. Had a fantastic time, but we were lucky, because we knew the area well before hand, found it easier tobook our wedding.

From my experience, go with a wedding company out there, so much better. We went with Libra , big mistake and what a rip off.

Also the area around the triangle has lots of lovely hotels, Athena, Amathus, and lots of good places for guest to stay.
  • We're getting married in the grounds of the Elysium and having our reception there and the guests DO NOT have to stay at the hotel. They have a new wedding planner Raj (they were withour a planner for a few weeks earlier this year which is why e-mails weren't being returned) and he is fantastic. He has organised absolutely everything for us and the vendors have all started contacting us now to pin down exactly what we would like - and the wedding isn't until next May! Several members of our family have stayed there before and said it was amazing. And its going to look so pretty in our photos!
  • Quoted:
    Quoted:

Em x

We too get married at the Sunrise Beach in Protaras! Ive got all the wedding details..prices, meal options, photos and hairdresser prices if you want them?

I have stayed in Protaras before and love the resort...only 67 days to go for us.

Em if you wouldnt mind I would love to chat to you about it... you are the first person ive seen on here at the same hotelimage Feel free to email me and we can swap notes if you want??? image

Hey

Im really interested in booking the sunrise beach hotel for our wedding in July next year. Could you please email me any info u have on them.

Thankyou so much!

My email is [email protected]

xx
  • Hi

Iv just booked to get married at the St Raphael Hotel in Limassol this morning has any1 been there the pics look lovely but im always worried incase its not!
  • hi everyone, me and my partner are getting married in sept 09 in paphos, cyprus and are stuck which hotel we have four that all look stunning * st george hotel

* alexander the great

* athena beach hotel

* aquamare hotel and spa

anyone been to these?

steph x
  • Steph, I used tripadvisor to narrow down the hotels. Doesn't answer the wedding-specific stuff but gives you an insight into what kind of hotel it is x
  • steph out of the hotels you have listed there the Aquamare is probably the nicest!!! also the newest i went on a looksee visit and the Alex is a little tired x
  • Quoted:
    Quoted:

Em x

I am gettin married at the Sunrise Beach May 09 as well !!! Can i be emailed in on ur discussions ladies ???? Good to have someone in the same place ! [email protected]

thanx ! Julie x
  • Hi everyone

Not sure if this thread is still in use. Does anyone have any info about their wedding at the Elysium or some photos? we're trying to decide between the Elysium, Annabelle or Athena and can't decide! Would prefer to get married outside!

Thanks very much
  • Hi everyone

Does anyone have any pictures or info about their wedding at the Annabelle, Athena or Elysium? They're the shortlisted hotels for our wedding but can't decide! Any advice would be brilliant.

Thanks
  • Hi everyone!

I'm looking to get married between June-August 2010 I want to do this at Sunrise but was thinking of staying somewhere else maybe all inclusive as we have young children and lots of family coming so think this may be the cheapest option for everyone but want the Sunrise hotel for the venue and just for the wedding nigt lookng at staying over just the bride and groom of course lol as my mum and Mother in law to be will look after our two children for the evening, does anyone know what a good all inclusive hotel is in protaras ans has anyone been married at Sunrise yet??

Speak soon

nikki
  • Hello,

I considered the Amathus,Columbia and Elysium for my wedding and had a look at all the hotels.I have decided to go with the columbia as we are having our weddign in july and for me it was very important to be able to have everything,ie ceremny,cocktail recpetion dinner and dancing and then a beach party outside.The amathus and elysium are beautiful hotels but we would have to move indoors to continue the party after 11 or finish there...as Im getting married at 6.30...i didint want the party to finish by 11 or have to go inside into a ballroom when it will be so nice outside...the elysium also wold have quit e few moves for the guests ie cermenoy at amphitheatre...cocktail at library terrace and dinner outside somehwere else then part smewhere else...but the hotel is stunning...at the amathus you can have a cermony overlookign the beach and dinner outside but again the music ends at 11!The annabelle someone else has metioned has beausiful gardens outside...I think there are restrictions on music again but the dinner settign outisde would be stunning...Happy to answer other qustiosn as I did extensive research before choosing if anyone wants to message me privately xxx
  • mandzukmandzuk Posts: 234

I'm getting married at the Sunrise Beach Hotel 14th October, its encouraging to see others who have booked there too!!

xx