Forum home Weight loss for your wedding

Lost 3 stone!

Woohoo, I have finally cracked the three stone barrier and now have only 1 stone 2 pounds left to lose!

I am really proud of myself for sticking to the weightwatchers program which I would strongly recommend to anyone looking to shed some weight sensibly. I have lost the weight since the beginning of Feb this year and am really pleased with the program and the way it fits into my life.

It certainly hasn't been a bowl of cherries but it is sustainable over a period of time.

• Jess17ukJess17uk Posts: 2,381
    Well done !! Congratulations!!
  • MoominmummyMoominmummy Posts: 1,621
    Wow, well done Lyndseywoo, isnt breaking the stone barrier the best feeling!!!???

Keep it up & you'll be at your goal in no timeimage
  • Thanks so much, yes it is. The nice thing is that I only have another 3 pounds to lose to drop into the stone below and then 4 pounds before I have lost 3.5 stones.

I find if I look at it is small stages it is much more motivating.

My only problem though is that I still, in my head when I look in the mirror, feel 3 stone heavier! Guess it takes some getting used to!
  • mrshtobemrshtobe Posts: 103
    Well done, that's fab!!! Good for you image
  • PickwaiPickwai Posts: 406
    Well done Lyndsey, that's fantastic. Sure and steady, that's definitely the way to do it rather than crash dieting. I really admire you, I wish I had your willpower.
  • Thanks Pickwai! That's really sweet of you. I have dieted before but my problem has always been I lose a bit then think great and put it on again.

This time seems different I am sure because of the program. It actually doesn't feel like a diet (save for weekends which can be a killer.)

I think the sure and steady is why I haven't noticed the loss so much but I can certainly tell with my clothes. One old pair of trousers fell clean off me when I ran up the stairs!

I can properly look forward to dress shopping now.