Power Plate anyone?

Hi ladies,

Are any of you using a PowerPlate. I've just started using it at the gym, used it twice this week and will be going again this afternoon.

How long before you expect to see results? Muscle tone e.t.c?

• HulkkoHulkko Posts: 1,269
    what a power plate?!
  • clarekellclarekell Posts: 6,666
    Yeah, we have them in the gym.

I use them to stretch rather than tone. They make me feel sick and dizzy when I lie/sit on them so I only stand.

They are meant to be very good as long as you can stand the jiggling! image

Here you go Hukko: http://uk.powerplate.com/en/
  • I use one a my gym, every other day if i can. I had short tendons so when i tried to touch my toes i coundlt get past my knees. The other day I touched my toes (if only for a second) after 2 or 3 weeks of usng it. I've lso noticed my muscle tone on my arms has dramatically improved. Yay

I may have to find out if there are any exercises to firm and recuse my boobs. But it does work so quickly...you will definately see results soon! Good luck
    oh I think I'm gonna have a go at that image
    This has quite impressed me! Im almosr positive my gym has one of these al????though haven't been for say 3 or 4 months!
  • Hi all

I'm a personal trainer and highly recommend the powerplate. For best muscle tone results use twice a week, you should start seeing results after about 6 weeks but you'll feel it first. Strength can build quite quickly which means you can stay on the treadmill (or bike or whatever) longer, faster and at a higher level, plus if you do weights, you'll be able to do more with better technique, assuming your Powerplate technique is good image

For those who don't know, using the powerplate is really good for burning fat, because it builds toned muscle fast, and the more lean muscle tissue you have the higher your metabolism will be, so you get to burn more fat even while you're resting.

The other good use of the Powerplate is massage - it helps to boost circulation to the skin and improves lymphatic drainage, and is really effective at getting rid of cellulite image

Always make sure you drink plenty of water before and during use.

Hope that helps!

Theresa x
  • Hi Theresa,

Just what I was after, thanks so much. x
  • I used the one at our gym for the first time this week. It made me want to pee!! Lol. But I shall persevere. I think I will get the gym staff to show me some arm stuff for it, cos all I did was some squats and some massage on legs.
    Im going to get the gym staff to help me first time! And then after I'm going to use a list of exercises I made from the website they have!

[Modified by: Hulkko on October 25, 2008 05:19 PM]