May 09 Weight loss buddies - Week 1 weigh in!

HI ladies,

Sorry this is a bit late, but I had a hellish day at work :-/ Didn't get home until 7.30pm and can't find the original thread, so thought I'd start another one.

Anyhoo, I'll start the Week 1 weigh in.

As of 7:45pm on the 20th October I am 12 stone exactly. Hmm... think I would like to get down to 10.5, so I've got a bit of work to do.

I went to a spinning class on Saturday morning, but had to leave half way through! It was embarassing. I generally don't exercise in the morning because I never have enough energy. This class was at 9:30, and I only woke up at 9, so didn't have time for breakfast or anything. 15 minutes in and my blood-sugar level plummeted. I thought I was either going to be sick or pass out, so I left before either happened.

So, here's a question for any of you who spin regularly - how long before a class should you eat something, and what should you eat, to make sure you have enough energy for the class?

Right, anyone else want to weigh in or tell their tales of shame? Success stories also welcomed! ;\)

• Hi,

I'm another May bride. I actually joined weight watchers last week, I weighed in at 10 stone 1 I want to loose a stone and my first weigh in is tomorrow. I have been really good foodwise this week so I am hoping for a loss...although I havent been the gym as I have had a horrible cold.

I usually do spin of an evening but if I go the gym a usually make sure I have a piece of toast or a bananna before I leave the house....if I have too much I feel sick but if I dont eat enough I start to feel faint -my body clearly doesnt like morning exercise!!!

Will keep you posted on how the big weigh in goes tomorrow.

S.x
  • Hi sorry was late replying have been mega busy with work and stuff. Im currently a uk size 14/16 bottom and 16/18 top depending on the shop and upon weigh in today I was approx 180lb I think thats about 12stone 12lbs..... not good and means Ive actually gained weight sence I weighed myself last....oh well.

Unfortunatly the guy who was helping me train has gone off sick so im going to have to find something else to do to loose some wieght and also cut back a bit more on the Junk. Been so busy lately, esp over the last 2 weeks trying to juggle 3 part time jobs, have just been eating on the run or out which isnt healthy. So starting from now will be going back on the healthy diet and not having anymore takeout. Ugh....hellllppppppp! lol
  • Hi girls. Thanks for your replies!

Thanks for the tip with the spinning class, MrsL-2B. Was supposed to go tonight, but I'm so tired. I had to work all through the weekend, and did a 13-hour day yesterday. Woke up this morning and was so shattered I considered calling in sick. Decided to go in in the end (guilty conscience got to me) but had to go home by three as was feeling dizzy I was so tired!

Anyway, enough excuses. Early to bed tonight and then I'm going to hit the gym tomorrow. Aiming to do 20 mins on the treadmill, 20 mins on the bike and swim 20 lengths. Not sure whether I'm going to try the spinning class again on Saturday. I'm still so embarassed about leaving early last time! But I know that spinning burns fat. It has worked for me in the past... Maybe I need to swallow my pride and try again!

Jadedragon - I know the feeling about eating on the run. I travel a lot for my job so I'm really dependent on trying to find the best food on the go. Yesterday was at a conference in at the NEC in Birmingham and all they served for lunch was crappy mini-pizzas, sandwiches etc. Or some lettuce leaves. Yum. Not. I just try to balance it out by eating well when I'm at home. Not easy though. I feel your pain!!
  • What exactly is a Spinning Class?

I know how you feel about work. I work in a hotel in the kitchen and until this spring was full time. You dont really feel like excercising after a long stressful day. Dont burn yourself out!
  • Hello Girls,

Patsy Stone wannabe, I was thinking you suggested we post our weekly weigh-ins as a blog and not a chat as most of us who made comments on the blog are not aware of the recent developments about the chat. So which one - blog or chat? I stumbled across this chat....:\?:\)

[Modified by: Titilayo on October 24, 2008 08:25 AM]

• vicki2323vicki2323 Posts: 2,451
    Hi there can i join too, i'm another may 09er and weighed myself on monday as 10 11 would like to be down to 9 7 for the wedding especially as my dress is too tight around the bust and won't zip up.
  • Hi Vicki2323, the more the marrier!

Sorry was late this week. Did weigh myself but didnt get to post. Was 177 this monday. not sure if thats actual loss or the scales? lol. Havent had much time for excercise other then running around at work, and the 101 things I seem to need to do and not actually getting done.