Lemon Detox Diet? Has anyone done it?

I am going to do (attempt) the Lemon Detox Diet for a period of 5 days!

Just wondering if anyone has done it and if they found that it helped?

Thanks image

• VanaukVanauk Posts: 245
    Hi,

Yes have done it but I would strongly recommend you try to stick at it for at least 10 days.

Your body is detoxing and by Day 5 it is only just going to : Stage 2A (Days 4 through 6)

The body changes over from digesting its own protein to digesting fat, waste, dead and decaying cells according to Dr. Fuhrman. These are good days usually. Lots of energy. (quoted from therawfoodsite).

I'd love to do it again so if you want to buddy up let me know. We could push for 10 days together ?!
  • Hi this sounds interesting! I am looking for something to help me lose these last 5 pounds! Can you post the details of this detox?

Thanks

Sarah x
  • im currently doing a regular detox, but interested to know more about this one.....
    Okay I copied this from therawfood site because it's really informative and says it all in a really simple way.

I've referenced them at the bottom so hope this is okay and not against the rules.

For a minimum of 10 days, you drink only the lemonade mixture, made with organic grade B maple syrup, fresh-squeezed lemon or lime juice, and cayenne pepper added to spring, distilled, or purified (NOT fluoridated) water

http://therawfoodsite.com/mastercleanse.htm
    I forgot to add there are some really gross aspects to this cleanse/detox and lots of people can't handle the salt water flushes, although they sound way worse than they are.

You lose weight, feel amazing (certain days are notorious for being harder than others though), look great, and you can keep most of it off if you're sensible afterwards.

For me personally I have taken some great habits away, I never drink tea or coffee now (I was totally addicted), and my friend who did it who was the Take Away Queen has actually not touched a take away since 2007 !

So it is good, but easy it aint !

Anyone up for doing it let me know and we can start our own lil cleanse clan lol
  • I'll be up for doing this detox with you... I'll have to read up on it first so I'm clued up with everything I have to make etc... Do you want to start on Monday next week?
    Hi mgagero

Monday it is - anyone care to join us !

If anyone wants to read up about it I just checked out what books are around and have listed them.

There are loads but the main ones are as follows : one called Lose Weight, Have More Energy& Be Happier in 10

I think it's american but it's £6.83 on amazon.co.uk

Tom Woloshyn authored the complete Master Cleanse also about £6.64

But here the origional book by Stanley Burroughs who invented the cleanse is 98p !

I haven't read any of them but I know that the last one has spiritual references in it. So maybe a bit full on for those of us just doing it to look amazing.

• If the salt flush your talking about is where you put a couple of traspoons of salt in a litre of water and drink it my advice is to take care.

I know its just salt but its pretty strong. I dont want to be too graphic but dont plan anything fun for the next 6 hours after your first one...you will probably be on the loo...fun.

And dont fart...i was given this advice....after you try the flush you will know EXACTLY why!

The lemon and syrup part sounds quite good though...good luck

Quoted:
    If the salt flush your talking about is where you put a couple of traspoons of salt in a litre of water and drink it my advice is to take care.

I know its just salt but its pretty strong. I dont want to be too graphic but dont plan anything fun for the next 6 hours after your first one...you will probably be on the loo...fun.

And dont fart...i was given this advice....after you try the flush you will know EXACTLY why!

The lemon and syrup part sounds quite good though...good luck

Ha Ha Exactly - it's so gross !

Are you doing SWF on your detox too ?

I'm starting on Monday.
  • I tried this and lasted 3 days, its horrid, lost weight But not shock horror i put it right back on once i started eating normally!!
  • MrsKP_MrsKP_ Posts: 2,035
    Eating a healthy diet, drinking plenty of water and doing some exercise will have the exact same effect! Except it's not as bad for you as this diet. image
    Hi Katteh,

Have you done this diet yourself ?

Personally I found it had some fantastic benefits and the only 'bad' things I expereinced were symptoms of detox which abated the next day.

Mrsahern2b

I think you really have to do at least 10 days.

I lost 1 stone and a year ago on it and only put 4lbs back on since then.

• Hi all,

I started this detox today after reading this thread- took me a wee while to find the maple syrup -grade B but finally found some today at a health food shop in central London. Holland and Barrett dont seem to do it. The lemonade I made this morning had maple "flavour" syrup which I dont think has quite the same effect!! The stuff tastes good though!

I am getting pretty peckish now- its almost 5pm on day one but I'm not setting a goal for 10 days or longer, just going to try and do it a day at a time. Well, strictly speaking I'm doing it an hour at a time at the moment- if I can make it through day one I will be pretty chuffed because I have fairly poor self control!

Also, I have found loads of You tube videos showing people doing a daily diary which I found really useful-

xx