help meeeeee

Ok, I need to lose 3 stone, I am currently 12 st and am 5 ft 4. I would like to reach 9 st by my wedding in mid-june. (although would ideally like to shift most of this by May for my dress fitting).

I have no problem with exercise, I am currently doing either 45 mins on my exercise bike, Davina power of 3 video or at least 30 mins on wii fit cardio stuff each day. Plus a 40 min dog walk.

I also have no problem with reducing my food intake. I am quite happy eating 1000 cals a day (altho people tell me thats bad). although i do have a serious aversion to fruit and veg! preferring to stick to cereal and smaller portions of stuff. Unless the fruit is hot, then I'm fine (wierd I know!)

Anyway, I just have no idea how to go about this weight loss thing, how many calories should I be eating, how much exercise should I be doing???

People have suggested groups, but online groups are the only option for me as I haven't the time to go somewhere each week as I work a lot!

• clarekellclarekell Posts: 6,666
    try foodfocus.co.uk ( or .com)

It's free and helps you to track what you eat - if you want to count calories then perhaps this could work!

Best of luck!

• SneakybSneakyb Posts: 1,252
    I'm fine counting calories, I know exactly what I eat each day and often try to overestimate so I eat less e.g. bowl of ceral is actually 160 calories but I will round it to 200 to be sure.

What i have the problem with is how many calories should I be on, how often should I eat per day?? How much exercise should I do?
  • clarekellclarekell Posts: 6,666
    If you put your details in there it will do EXACTLY that!

• I used www.weightlossresources.co.uk. I am about the same height as you and started at 13st 11 and am now 9st 9. You actually need to be careful you are not eating too few calories so a website like this helps. I definitely found exercise to be the best thing (I did the Davina DVD 5-6 times a week and it really changed my body shape).

Anyway sounds like you have the motivation so good luck!

Nikki
  • MrsM_09MrsM_09 Posts: 761
    i'd join a group where you can track your daily food intake and keep track of your weekly weight loss to keep you on track.

I'd be weary of eating so few calories, it can be counter productive, especially if your doing plenty of exercise
    Quoted:

It's free and helps you to track what you eat - if you want to count calories then perhaps this could work!

Best of luck!

x

hmm suggested that I eat just over 800 kcals, surely this is way too low, especially to maintain for 5 months!

I really wanted a trick to maintain weight loss, I lost 5 ppounds in my 1st week but as predicted it has plateud, so how do I keep shifting it?

I think I am going to just up the exercise, do the davina dvd more often with my bike as well. I really want to go jogging but my spine consultant would probably kill me, he said Never jog or do sit ups as they ruin my spine. He said Only ever jog on a very sandy beach if I have to lol, so that's prob out unless I want to drive 40 mins to do my work out each morning
    Quoted:

Best of luck!

x

hmm suggested that I eat just over 800 kcals, surely this is way too low, especially to maintain for 5 months!

I really wanted a trick to maintain weight loss, I lost 5 ppounds in my 1st week but as predicted it has plateud, so how do I keep shifting it?

I think I am going to just up the exercise, do the davina dvd more often with my bike as well. I really want to go jogging but my spine consultant would probably kill me, he said Never jog or do sit ups as they ruin my spine. He said Only ever jog on a very sandy beach if I have to lol, so that's prob out unless I want to drive 40 mins to do my work out each morning
    Thinking about doing the south beach diet after xmas to give my system a kick start - any experience on this, does it work?? how much can I lose?
  • NickiKittenNickiKitten Posts: 2,074
    with that site you enter the exercise you are doing and it recaculates your calorie intake!