ā€ŗ

16 days to go - any last minute weight loss advice

Hi All,

I've got 16 days to go till the big day and am looking for some healthy tips for last minute weight loss. I'm not prepared to go to unhealthy extremes but i was hoping you guys might have some secret tips i could use to lose the last few pound in a short space of time. I'm going to the gym a few times a week still and am trying to avoid fried foods but nothing seems to be changing.

Any ideas? Collecting my dress this friday and i know its still a bit too snug for my liking!

Thanks for your help

WendyWu x

• Whenever i ned to lose weight quickly i either turn to chicken and lots of vegetables - no potatoes. It works really well. Another thing i've been doing lately is eating soup for tea, those really chucky vegetable ones from Sainsburys are good, just check the fat content.

Good luck!
  • zenukzenuk Posts: 42
    Hi,

You could try one of those body wrap treatments its meant to take inchs off you quickly
  • lilliluklilliluk Posts: 2
    Hi, if you eat three meals a day and make sure that all of them are made with fresh produce ie nothing frozen, only have carbs at two of them , drink 4 pints of water a day and try to walk at a moderate pace for at least an hour a day it should help. good luck x
  • Wendywu,

16 days to go how exciting!!

I know you say you dont want to go to extremes and i dont know how much you have to lose, but i have lost nearly a stone in four weeks by eating a lot of soup and apples. doesnt sound great i know but has really worked and i feel so much better. like the girls say avoid carbs ESPECIALLY bread!! thats the worst thing to eat as makes you feel bigger than perhaps you are. lots of water to flush all away but dont over do it as you may get water retention!

good luck xx
  • Id say drink a lot of water and dont eat unless you are hungry. A friend of mine doenst eat anything after 7pm, by then she has had her dinner and is just eating for the sake of it, and it stops empty calories. I would recommend eating no carbs like bread or white rice/pasta potatoes for this last two weeks, it will make a difference to the bloat for sure!
  • wendywuukwendywuuk Posts: 267
    Thanks girls. I'm trying to drink as much water as possible. And someone told me to drink a large glass of water before every meal to help fill me up. I love my carbs which is definitely my downfall but for 2 weeks i think i'll just have to be strong. I don't have lots to loose just that last 4-5 pound to hit my target weight for the wedding. so many people said they couldn't eat befor ethe wedding as they were so nervous - i seem to be going the other way - I get stressed and i crave.

Will let you all know how i get on. Any other tips are much appreciated - I need all the help i can get at the moment.

Thanks WendyWu image
  • I make my own Butternut squash soup, i swear by it. I have it with a sandwich but i make it with ww or nimble bread so you dont feel like ur missing out. You can have 2 slices of that to every 1 slice of normal bread. If ur craving something sweet go for ww ice-cream or something like a fudge bar as a treat.

Keep your portion sizes very small but eat more often (6 times a day) or have a large breakfast, normal lunch and a small dinner (it's in First magazine this week). Good luck.
  • Hey Wendy

I'm a bit of a lurker here, but I wanted to jump in. I'm a nutritionist and a personal trainer and although some of the advice above is good, some is quite dangerous so please, please don't just eat apples or soup for the next almost 3 weeks .16 days is a long time to not invest any nutrients. Also, be careful on a carb free diet. If you're going to do that, you MUST replace the energy source carbs give you with some other, such as fat. This is the diet known as Atkins or more commonly nowadays as Keyo. 

Not everyone does well on these diets though and not everyone becomes fat adapated, so it's a gamble to do this 16 days out .

In my professional opinion, here's the best thing to do over the next 2 odd weeks. 

1) SLEEP. Sleep every night, a very solid 8 hours. Your stress levels will probably be through the roof and stress can be bloating. I advise all my bridal clients to instigate a calming routine in the last 12 weeks. Massages, baths, whatever you need to do to go into your day feeling like the best you can. 

2) Water. Almost everyone is chronically dehydrated. Many people need more than 2 litres of water. Try 3. Drink it before bed, and when you wake up. The reason for drinking it with a meal is to ensure you don't overeat, because often we think signals of dehydration are of hunger. It should NOT be used to 'fill you up'. Unless you are used to fasting, you'll crack and end up eating more in the end. Try to stay geberallg very hydrated. You'll end up with fabulous skin as well! 

3) Eat more of the right foods. If you love your carbs, that's fab. Just exchabex them for different carbs. Brown rice, sweet potato, butternut squash (but not just soup). Aim to make your plate 30% carbs, 30% protein and 40% greeb vegetables. In fact, have a side of steamed green vegetables with literally everything. Then eat the veg first. Also, eat your carbs in the morning. Such as oats, brown bread with peanut butter (please check you're not allergic to any suggestions above).

4) Get activity daily. Walk. Walk everywhere. Up the stairs, in the evening after a meal and just generally move around . You'll  notice a difference within a few days

But 16 days is not a lot. It's unlikely you'll lose a lot, so this is the part when you focus on self care. Pamper yourself and remember, most of all, you are already beautiful. Forget the magazine's and all the rubbish brides have to put up with. Just focus on feeling good, and it'll shine! 

Whatever you do, do NOT use one of those wraps. It'll massively dehydrate you and isn't proven for effective weight loss. Please be careful. 
  • Iā€™m sure all the posters from 2007 will appreciate the advice šŸ™„
  • I didn't actually realise the initial post was from 2007, I was just alarmed at the advice being given to a worried bride. But cool, thanks for your comment šŸ‘
  • Hey Wendy

I'm a bit of a lurker here, but I wanted to jump in. I'm a nutritionist and a personal trainer and although some of the advice above is good, some is quite dangerous so please, please don't just eat apples or soup for the next almost 3 weeks .16 days is a long time to not invest any nutrients. Also, be careful on a carb free diet. If you're going to do that, you MUST replace the energy source carbs give you with some other, such as fat. This is the diet known as Atkins or more commonly nowadays as Keyo. 

Not everyone does well on these diets though and not everyone becomes fat adapated, so it's a gamble to do this 16 days out .

In my professional opinion, here's the best thing to do over the next 2 odd weeks. 

1) SLEEP. Sleep every night, a very solid 8 hours. Your stress levels will probably be through the roof and stress can be bloating. I advise all my bridal clients to instigate a calming routine in the last 12 weeks. Massages, baths, whatever you need to do to go into your day feeling like the best you can. 

2) Water. Almost everyone is chronically dehydrated. Many people need more than 2 litres of water. Try 3. Drink it before bed, and when you wake up. The reason for drinking it with a meal is to ensure you don't overeat, because often we think signals of dehydration are of hunger. It should NOT be used to 'fill you up'. Unless you are used to fasting, you'll crack and end up eating more in the end. Try to stay geberallg very hydrated. You'll end up with fabulous skin as well! 

3) Eat more of the right foods. If you love your carbs, that's fab. Just exchabex them for different carbs. Brown rice, sweet potato, butternut squash (but not just soup). Aim to make your plate 30% carbs, 30% protein and 40% greeb vegetables. In fact, have a side of steamed green vegetables with literally everything. Then eat the veg first. Also, eat your carbs in the morning. Such as oats, brown bread with peanut butter (please check you're not allergic to any suggestions above).

4) Get activity daily. Walk. Walk everywhere. Up the stairs, in the evening after a meal and just generally move around . You'll  notice a difference within a few days

But 16 days is not a lot. It's unlikely you'll lose a lot, so this is the part when you focus on self care. Pamper yourself and remember, most of all, you are already beautiful. Forget the magazine's and all the rubbish brides have to put up with. Just focus on feeling good, and it'll shine! 

Whatever you do, do NOT use one of those wraps. It'll massively dehydrate you and isn't proven for effective weight loss. Please be careful. 
    I found this very useful as a current bride trying to diet, thank you šŸ‘
  • The best way is to lose your weight walking the morning and working hard until sweating. This is a totally natural process and I follow this method for myself. You can also try this. :)