Rate of loss-possible?

Hi everyone,

I have about three and a half months to go before my wedding, and would love to lose a stone-do you think this is manageable? I managed to lose over a stone already, but have got a bit bored with the diet, and just stopped paying as much attention to it!

How can I keep motivated?

Thanks image

• dummymummydummymummy Posts: 1,010
    hiya hunny i know how you feel! i get married in sept next year and am struggling to stick to anything at the mo! xmas being a bad bloody time lol

your weight goal is very achievable, my friend has lost 15lbs in one month!! on slimming world x
  • Miss Eyre yes I am in the same boat as you.

I have lost a stone but need to lose another 1.5stone. I am getting married in just over 4 months...17th April and know it is completely do-able!

I am a bit incapacitated at the moment (broke my ankle 2 weeks ago.lol) but have still been going to the gym 2 or 3 times a week...upright bike and hand rowing thingy machine for 20 mins each cos of my caste up to my knee!Also been doing crunches and free weights using 1.5k dumbells for arms and shoulders at home on alternate days.

I found this really good website which re-started me again...http://www.military.com/military-fitness/workouts/best-shoulder-workout

Lots of really quick workouts to get you started again.I'd normally run 2/3 times a week but can't right now so I suggest get up early and run for 20 mins before brekkie...really kick starts your metabolism.

Cut your carbs at night..eat em during the day.And cut out sugar. Drink 2 litres water a day.But have one day a week where you have a nice treat!Oh and have 3 meals but 2 snacks too so you eat every 2-3 hours.

Good luck!We can do this!!x

p.s You really need to up the exercise as well as watch what you eat!How do I know all this?My H2B used to be a personal trainer and he's very fit and gives me advice.I'm just greedy!lol.You just need to get a good routine going again.
  • BeleaseBelease Posts: 877
    You can lose a stone in that amount of time - you can lose between 1-2 pounds a week if you diet and exercise.

Just be relentless about it. Believe there's no way you can't do it. Because as long as you put the effort in, you CAN do it.
  • ChardonnayChardonnay Posts: 1,761
    You can definitely do it- 1-2 pounds per week is a healthy rate of weight loss.

You'll need to keep an eye as you go to cut back slightly more and/or exercise slightly more in the second half of your diet as you get closer to your goal... unfortunately as we get lighter the amount of calories we need to maintain our weight goes down (such a bummer!), so it becomes harder to keep losing at the same rate unless you step it up slightly.

I am doing the same thing to be ready for my first dress fitting in April. I'm keeping a food diary, sticking to 1500kcals per day or less, exercising for an hour 4 times per week, and listening to Paul McKenna twice weekly (that's really helping me manage feeling hungry- actually now it means I mentally associate feeling slightly hungry with feeling slimmer and confident, which in turn makes it easier to avoid temptation. Can't recommend it enough!)

Put a picture of yourself at your ideal weight (or as close to it as possible) on the fridge or somewhere prominant. Look at each every time you want to cheat and focus on how you will feel when you reach your goal- make the thoughts positive e.g., 'I will feel fantastic on my wedding day', rather than 'if I'm not that weight I'll look fat in my photos', as that negative thought doesn't motivate.

Good luck! YOU CAN DO IT!