Forum home Weight loss for your wedding

Healthy recipes!

Hi ladies,

I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread where we can share healthy recipes! Then when we can't decide what to have for tea we know where to look!

I have had lots of lovely recipes from the ladies over on Doris' wedding dress diet thread and I am sure there are plenty more of you who have culinary delights out there!

So share away ladies!

Polar xx

• Polaruk1Polaruk1 Posts: 722
    Hi ladies,

I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread where we can share healthy recipes! Then when we can't decide what to have for tea we know where to look!

I have had lots of lovely recipes from the ladies over on Doris' wedding dress diet thread and I am sure there are plenty more of you who have culinary delights out there!

So share away ladies!

Polar xx
  • shelleyf30shelleyf30 Posts: 3,971
    Ladies heres a good tip for your lunch, since finding i have high cholesterol i started mega cutting down on my sat fat consumption

I eat cous cous for lunch, you can buy packets that are already flavoured, all less then £1 very tasty, add a little water then stick in the microwave for 30/40 seconds and stir until fluffy then eat, i add a few olives and sliced chillies in mine as this is a great way to combat the bad cholesterol with the mono sat in olives and the chillies are a natural anti biotic and keep colds at bay. all less then 4grms fat. 0.2 sat fat

garlic, chilli, ginger are all very very good for you in keeping healty and well
    Yum yum ladies!

You have made me hungry! I need to dig out some of my WW recipes and put them on here. Any more recipes out there?? xx
    Easy 0 point roasted red pepper and tomato soup!

6 red peppers

6 beef tomatoes

2 red onions

Lazy garlic

Lazy chilli

Salt and pepper

Mixed herbs

Spray Oil

Veg stock cube

1. Chop the onion, peppers and tomatoes into large chunks

2. Place them in a roasting tin and add approx 1tsp of lazy garlic and lazy chilli (more or less to taste, I like mine spicy so add more chilli! Can be left out if you don't like it)

3. Add salt and pepper, a sprinkling of herbs and a few sprays of oil

4. Stir the veg round so it is all coated in the herbs, salt. pepper etc

5. Put in the oven on a low heat for 1-2 hours, checking and stirring occasionally

6. Once the vegetables are cooked and soft, transfer them to a pan and blend using a hand blender

7. Add stock a little bit at a time to thin out the mixture

8. Add more salt and pepper or herbs if needed, et voila! Done!

Enjoy xx
  • pot_of_goldpot_of_gold Posts: 5,254
    I was eating Cous Cous til I saw there were 4 points per serving in it !!!

• Thatched beefpie. Serves 6. 6 points per serving.

Ingredients:

500g (1lb 2oz) extra lean minced beef.

1onion, chopped finely

1 tablespoon plain flour

300mls (10fl oz)hot beef stock

a few shakes of worcestershire sauce

415g can reduced sugar and salt baked beans

low fat cooking spray

freshly ground black pepper

For the thatched topping

900g (2lbs) potatoes, whole, unpeeled and all the same size (medium)

3 carrots, peeled and grated coarsely

40g (1.5oz) low fat mature cheese, grated

Method

1)Preheat the oven to gas mark 5/190*c/ fan oven 170*c

2)Heat a large, lidded, non-stick saucepan until hot and spray with the cooking spray. Add the minced beef and onion and cook for 5 minutes over a high heat, stirring to break up. Add the flour, followed by the stock and stir. Season with black pepper and add a few shakes of worcestershire sauce. Cover and simmer gently for 15 mins and then stir in the baked beans.

3)Meanwhile, bring a lidded saucepan of water to the boil, add the potatoes and cook for 12 mins.

4)Heat a non stick frying pan and spray with the low fat cooking spray. Add the carrots and stir fry for 3-4mins untill softened. Tip into a mixing bowl.

5) Drain the potatoes, cover with cold water and cool for 2 mins. Drain and then scrape off the skins using a table knife. Grate coarsely and add to the carrots, using 2 forks to mix together.

6) Tip the mince and beans into a large ovenproof baking dish. Spoon the potato and carrot topping on top and sprinkle with the cheese. Bake for 25 minutes untill the topping is golden and crisp.