5 stone in 13 weeks??

I get married in June and am desperate to shed 5 stone, I hate myself for not sticking to a diet and being a nice size 12 i always wanted to be on my wedding day but i woke up this morning and it dawned on me that the wedding is getting awfully close now and im still a big fat heifer lump (19 stone!!)

i desperateny need to lose the weight or it'll ruin my photos image

• Sherbie333999Sherbie333999 Posts: 1,485
    Hi Aileen316

Try not to worry to much, just make sure that you start now, make sure you plan your meals for everyday ahead, drink plently of water and make sure you do some kind of excersice everyday, with you needing to loose 5stone it should fall off you pretty quick if you stick to it hun. Good luck. xxx
  • MrsG1986MrsG1986 Posts: 869
    Awww hun, I know exactly how you feel. I'm getting married in June too. I decided enough was enough before Christmas, and booked to see a Cambridge Diet counciller in January. I ate sooo much crap over Xmas and put on an additional 1/2 stone. However, i've been really good on the Cambridge and have lost 2 stone in 2 months. It is totally possible to lose a stone a month, perhaps not 5 stone, but it's very very strict, and you have to be very hard on yourself!

I got a bit complacent a few weeks back, and started to eat normally again, then it dawned on me that it was just 11 weeks away, and i needed to step up again.

I wrote a list of reasons why i wanted to shed the weight, and now when i feel like cheating, i just read them again and it gets me right back on track!

If you want someone to chat with and let u know your not going it alone, feel free to email me! x
  • aileen316aileen316 Posts: 264
    thats a good idea about writing a list, i want to keep a couple of pictures on me too, especially the ones from saturday night, they were awful and made me realise how bad i actually look image

im so mad with myself its unbelieavable, i agree with the stone a months though i think that is really achievable and losing 3 stone will make me look better so its better then nothing!

thanks for talking to me

xx
  • MrsG1986MrsG1986 Posts: 869
    It will hun, I look at pics taken before xmas, and now, and i can totally see a massive difference. Even though it's just my face and stomach that I can see, I've had loads of comments from people about how much i've lost. Thats what made me complacent, but i still need to lose a bit more! x

Keep at it hun x
  • holls2000holls2000 Posts: 14
    I've got 4 months and I'd like to lose quite a bit but also very aware that I don't want my dress to fall off me on the day so am aiming myself for my first fitting and then going from there. Reckon at least a stone and a half till the fitting and so far I've lost about 9 pounds - it's a struggle and I'm having to be really dedicated but I've suddenly woken up and smelt the coffee, so to speak and am determined to be gorgeous on the day. Good luck - just keep smiling

xxxx
  • shelleyf30shelleyf30 Posts: 3,971
    BIG MASSIVE WELL DONE!

Good on you, My MOH has done 2 stone in 6 weeks, im so proud of her
    Shelleyh29 do you mind me asking how your MOH did 2 stone in 6 weeks?? Wowers lol!! x
    yes Shelleyh29 i would like to know her secret too lol

Does anyone know if slim fast is any good?

xx
    Speaking of Slim fast hun...i was only just asking my friend last night how she lost her weight for her wedding day, she to was a paniking stage with only litterally a month to go and she told me that she did the Slimfast diet plan and was also taking pro plus to speed up her metabolism and give her more energy etc, she also said that she went to the gym 5 times a week, she managed to get to her size that she wanted!! xx

[Modified by: Angel999333***60 days to go*** on March 23, 2010 02:26 PM]

• hey!!!

I would take photos of your body on a weekly basis - its such! an incentive seeing your body changing image!!! xxx
    hmm slimfast and pro plus sounds promising lol.... i cant afford a gym and our local swimming baths has closed down (booo) so im playng on the wii and running up and down the garden, it doesnt seem to be doing much though!

xx
    I cant afford to be buying all the slim fast stuff tbh, so for another alternative maybe just make sure you have the same amount of calories because thats all that is i think, maybe just add the pro plus to?

xx
  • hiya, as some of the others said, exercise is so important!! try to exercise vigorously everyday, even if it means early in the morning or in the evening. It releases endorphins which will make you feel great, give you more energy, help you lose more weight and so keep you motivated! It doesnt have to cost any money, go for countryside/beach walks on a weekend, great for stress relief too, and walk in your neighbourhood during the week, give yourself a goal to walk to (friends house, viewpoint, shop etc)makes it less dull, and its free

.Cycling is great to lose weight, you can pick up reasonably good bikes cheaply second hand, or better still maybe you can borrow a friends?do you have any friends who can walk or cycle with you?very motivating. Try to build up the exercise gradually but set realistic targets.

Drink lots and lots of water, its good for you but also great for your metabolism and can help you lose weight-great for your skin too. When you eat, eat healthy (great skin again, and great photos) vary your diet to keep it interesting.

You can do it!!!!:\)
  • Hiya,

I would go for a mixture of healthy eating and lots of excercise to get the best results,which is what Im doing. If you cant afford the gym get yourself and half decent pair of trainers and go walking or running outside,its a huge calorie burner and will tone you up aswell.Im doing WW but theres a website called Nutracheck which is free and if you put your stats in it will tell you how many calories you need a day and you can keep record of what you eat. Its easy to do and you will soon get into it.

Good luck and let us know how you get on xx
  • lou_g84lou_g84 Posts: 4
    I personally would try healthy eating and exercise. Plus I have been drinking slimmatee from Holland and Barrett it is not very expensive I lost half a stone in a week and it is herbal. It will give you the boost you need at the start. I know it is difficult with all the stress of the wedding. Best of luck x

[Modified by: lou_g84 on March 23, 2010 04:07 PM]

• shelleyf30shelleyf30 Posts: 3,971
    Quoted:
    Shelleyh29 do you mind me asking how your MOH did 2 stone in 6 weeks?? Wowers lol!! x

Weightwatchers alone, she's gone from a 22 to a size 20, she works on her feet all day too, i think its cutting out the drink that was the big thing

She sticks to the meal plans and calorie count and she started the first few weeks losing 6-7lb a week but is now evening out to 2-4lb a week
  • dmwilsdmwils Posts: 1,265
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1211954/Bride-crash-diet-death--eating-just-530-calories-day-11-weeks.html

be very careful ladies, it is not healty to lose weight quickly.

I have lost 6 stone, but i made a change to my eating habbits so that that 6 stone has stayed off. i went to weightwatchers and aimed for 2 lbs a week and it took me months to achieve but I did get there and have never looked back...you may not get there for your wedding but you can make a start which you will feel the difference and much better for.

A wedding is one day of your life, its over in flash. marriage is for life. There is no point crash dieting for the wedding day and then putting it all back on after,,,

ive heard a few stories about the young lady who died, its so sad it ends up like that and even worse that we all feel underpressure to look a certain way otherwise we'll be miserable.

We should all be happy on our wedding day regardless as were marrying out lovely fellas image

(i have still been to weight watchers today though so fingers crossed i can at least drop a dress size before the day)

xx
  • mrshomrsho Posts: 35
    Quoted:
    I get married in June and am desperate to shed 5 stone, I hate myself for not sticking to a diet and being a nice size 12 i always wanted to be on my wedding day but i woke up this morning and it dawned on me that the wedding is getting awfully close now and im still a big fat heifer lump (19 stone!!)

i desperateny need to lose the weight or it'll ruin my photos image

Have you bought your dress yet? and if so does it fit you now, because if it does then if you loose to much weight it might not look as good. As long as you feel happy on the day thats all that matters: