Forum home Weight loss for your wedding

weight watchers V slimming world

Hi everyone,

im getting married this july and want to lose about a stone and a half but i dont no which is best Weight watchers or slimming world :\?

can you plese help thanks Aimee x x x x

• Hi Aimee

I started WW just over 3 weeks ago and I have lost 7.5lb. I think this diet works for me as I love eating and never feel hungry. I have about 3 stone to lose by the end of June as I have my dress fitting, we are getting married at the end of August.

Good luck with whichever you decide to do.

Andrea

xx:\)
  • Hi Aimee,

I joined Slimming World back in May last year and lost 3 stone by Christmas, have kept it off, and now just about to start to lose my last stone before my wedding in June.

They have just gone all out on their new plan, 'Extra Easy', which really is just as it says. This is how I have lost the weight, going from a size 18-20 to a size 12-14. I was in the same position as you, and it was the weekly fee that made me choose SW over WW initially.

They offer countdown plans where you can pay for 5 weeks and get 6, or pay for 10 weeks and get 12. They also have a card system where you can go from group to group depending on what you are doing from week to week.

Let me know if you need any more info!

Lauren

[Modified by: lozzyhi on February 20, 2010 09:33 PM]

• Hiya! I've followed Weight Watchers on and off for 4 years, and yo-yo'd like mad. I started Slimming World on Monday and I feel so much healthier! It is more a way of life i.e. healthy eating and there is no pointing or weighing! Plus i've heard loads of succes stories about it - i've started the gym as well, so that really is making me feel better too. I want to lose 3 stone by xmas, which is totally do-able xxx
  • thanks for your help everyone,

ive decided to go to SW, i went on there website and love the idea of the extra easy plan.

im also startin body blitz excercise class on monday with my mum and aunty and eve decided to join the gym as well.

x x x x x x i will do a update a week on wednesday just to let you no how iv got on, oin my 1st week x x x x x
  • Good choice - i've done 7 days of slimming world now and i've loved it - i dont feel like i want to cheat or anything, iv had a few treats this weekend and it's been lovely, but all still within the plan! Good luck with it xxx