Special K Diet

Im thinking of starting the special k diet tomorrow. Anybody fancy doing it? There kelloggs forum has some great results. Someone loss 11lb in 10days image

• Wow that's a great loss! I don't think I could eat that little during the day. Good luck to you, I might give it a go when/if my weightloss slows down. Xx
  • I've tried doing this before and I got bored on the first day! lol. I might give it a proper try though as I've been a bit naughty lately.
  • kes14kes14 Posts: 31
    I was thinking about having a go at that! How much are you looking to lose? I've lost 2 stone 5 pounds so far but need a bit of kick to lose the next 2! When's your wedding? Mine is 15th August 2010!
    I was thinking about having a go at that! How much are you looking to lose? I've lost 2 stone 5 pounds so far but need a bit of kick to lose the next 2! When's your wedding? Mine is 15th August 2010!
  • Ive tried this diet before (among many others!) and you basically loose so much weight because your calorie intake is severly cut.As soon as you go back to eating properly you will put it all back on and maybe a bit more image

As someone who has tried virtually every diet going I finally realised the best way to lose weight is by healthy eating and excercise - boring I know but in my opinion you are more likely to keep it off aswell.

As a short term solution it may work,it depends what your goals are. Good luck xx
  • elle110elle110 Posts: 63
    Thanks lemonsherbet i know you are right i will put it straight back on but im just looking for a boost to give me a kick start i hope it works.

Hey kes14 im desperate to lose 1.5stone its 11 weeks until the wedding and 8 weeks until hen do in spain i really want to be thin for then but cant stop eating. Thinking of starting cereal diet tomorrow or monday. How about you? If i dont start tomorrow im just going to eat healthy for the rest of the week.

Good luck everyone xx

I would ideally like to lose 1.5 stone in about 12 weeks so that I'm ready for dress fitting 3 weeks before wedding. I've lost 2 stone already but have totally plateaued and really want a kick start to lose that final bit! I'll start in the morning and see how it goes over the 2 weeks! You up for doing it too? Also planning to get back into jogging. Intensive 2 weeks and then see where we are up to?

K x
    Hi Kes

Sorry only just realised you replied!! Im defo up for that. But i will have to start tomorrow. Or do you fancy starting monday, fresh week and all? Im still going to carry on eating healthy this week if we dont start as i really want to blast the bulge!!!

you have done fabulous so far 2stone is massive amount to lose! How have you done that?

Im 11.7 really want to be 10stone for the big dayx
    Hello Elle,

Monday seems sensible! I've just eaten less (and no chocolate since December) and started to do the occasional run so far but I feel that things need kicking up a gear now. If we start Monday then have a definite 2 weeks to head for and can then take stock! I like the idea of checking in with someelse though!! Sound ok?

K x x
  • I did this a while ago and lost 5lb over the 2 weeks. It did go back on pretty quick and i was constantly starving all of the time i did it. The first couple of days are ok but in the end i was going to bed hungry and waking up hungry so one bowl of cereal didnt fill me up.

If you are going to do it, make sure you have plenty of fruit or veg to snack on in between because you do get very hungry.
    Thanks for the tip ladybunnyears!!

Sounds like a plan kes14, cant believe you have had no chocolate since december, thats so brilliant!!

I really would love a diet that shifts the weight quick, to be honest i always gain it so quickly so fad diets dont put me off, i did weight watchers up until 3 weeks ago and in 3 weeks ive gained 11lb so desperate measures!! Open to suggestions if you can think of something better you fancy doing from Monday!! I have so many diets going round my head i wish i knew which one would shift the most weight in advance lol!!xx
    Hi Elle,

I think Special K diet (though with plenty of fruit/veg snacks as I don't want to die at work and some people have said it can be difficult on calorie intake!). It also want to add bits of exercise each day to target problem areas shall we say. Something each day for 2 weeks and then we can see where to go from there. Does that sound good to you?

K x x
    HI kes

Hope you have had a great weekend. Did you lose much? Sorry to be a pain and chop and change my mind but im going to do low carb for the next two weeks as my h2b is doing it so it will make it easier for teas etc.

Im doing it for 2 weeks if you still want to check in with it each other i'll defo do exercise too xx
    Hi Elle,

That's ok! I'm going to do a bit of a mix match as well I think. Limit calories to 1200 and kick exercise up a gear. Been a bit rubbish this weekend and have decided that rather than weigh myself every day I'm just going to weigh in Monday morning. Hoping that run this morning will have counteracted my 'I'm going on a serious diet on Monday so can eat what I want weekend mentality'!! If you still want to check in that would be good!

K x x
  • Hey everyone i done the special K diet for 4 or 5 weeks at the beginning of the year and lost 7.5lbs i have now been off it for about 7 weeks going back to my old ways and all i have put on is 0.5lbs. My goal is to loose another stone by September i just need 2 get myself motivated, you would think the wedding was enough motivation but it doesnt seem to be working lol!!! xXx
    Of course!! Great sounds like a plan, well i'll keep checking in and we'll help each other.

Yeah weekends are the worst i love having treats and not worrying but hate the ''scales of doom'' on a monday morning lol!

I weighed myself this morning and i was 11'4 at home and 11'2 on the scales at work. My scales were always out 2lb when i was doing ww so im going with the work scales, so good news i have 2lb less to lose than i thought.

First day of no carb has gone good i even joined the gym too!!

Feeling rubbish now though headachey off no carbs so going to have an early night. First few days alwasys kill me

Hope you've had a good day! xx
    Yesterday was quite good (n retrospect!) as I also felt quite headachy in the evening and the gym was very hard work but feel much better today. Joining the gym sounds like a good idea - Hope it's going well? I was 13' 10'' on Monday morning and really want to be 13' in a month - got to keep that in sight as I am a big fan of treats!

Hope you've had a good day!

K x x
    Come on we can defo do it!!

Today has been better for me too although i can start to feel the withdrawl symtoms i need chocolate lol!! What i would give for just a bite haha!xx
    Hey Kel

Hows your day been? Feel like its getting loads easier the headaches have gone and feel quite energetic!! Day 4 tomorrow!! 10 to go lol!xx
    Yeah I feel loads better yesterday and today! Hope you've had a good day too? I have had a rest from exercise today as I was aching when I went to bed yesterday but hopefully that will mean I have more energy tomorrow! Really want to see a big loss on Monday! K x x
    Hi Kel

Go you sounds like another successful day!!

Guess what i sneeked on the scales this morning and i have lost 6lb since monday i cant believe it. Its totaly give me the incentive to carry on for another week!! Cant wait for monday xx
    Oh my god that's amazing! Well done you! You must be so pleased. Are you just doing no carbs or are you exercising too? K x x
    Hi Kel

Thanks i am so pleased. I thought the scales were broken lol!

I have been cutting out carbs and i have been to the gym mon, tue and thurs. I bought some appetite supressants and i started taking them yesterday, they are herbal so should be ok. Hope they help too, think once i get used to eating smaller portions i'll be ok just at the minute i could eat for England i never seem to get full xx
    Hi,

Weekends are so so hard! All that lovely weather and invites to barbeques start!! Ate far too much and drank wine - so annoyed with myself! (Managed to eat no bread though which is something I suppose. Ran and swam today though to make up! Fingers are firmly crossed for 3 pounds tomorrow!

How was your weekend?

K x x
    I lost 4 lbs this morning!!! So so so pleased! Hope your success has continued! K x x
    Hey kes!! Well done you, thats brilliant!!I bet you are delighted.

I have just decided this morning to come off the no carb diet my tummy was cramping all day yesterday so cant be good for me. Plus i have put on 2lb since thursday! I have just had a jacket potato with beans for lunch and it was like the best thing ive ever eaten lol my tummy has started to feel better already. Keep me posted. Looking forward to next weigh in already! I hope i lose next week 9 weeks to go! x