30 Day Shred

• Well I'm going to do day 3 of level one tonight but can't see how I'm going to manage. My legs are killing me. Even stepping down off kerbs on my walk earlier was agony! I've convinced h2b to do it with me which is quite good fun!! He keeps calling Jillian a slag all the way through though, which makes me laugh which hurts my poor little ab muscles!!

Not sure I'm doing the ab part right as my neck hurts whilst doing it. My dress does fit but I'm worried that I've peaked and will put weight on before the big day.(36 days to go)

xmhairix you look amazing in your picture. Well done you! You've given me the motivation to at least try it again tonight as I was going to miss it. Just hoping I will be able to complete the school run tomorrow morning without looking like I'm constipated!!lol
  • MrsHunt110611MrsHunt110611 Posts: 1,992
    nikegirl - it DOES get easier. I swear! I finished Day 7 tonight. And I'm not really aching afterwards at all now which is great! However, I would not say it will ever get 'easy'!

H2B watched tonight and just kept saying about how 'girlie' it was and how he works out so much harder. To be fair - he does.. but still! I haven't exercised for 4 years lol!

Thank you Louise - Jovi also looks beautiful! I'm a bit upset as they've discontinued Winnie, they don't think it's nice enough!! On the plus side - no one else will wear it! haha
  • I couldnt help it- I've ordered this DVD. You guys are inspiring me! Waiting for it to arrive now. Cant decide if my butterflies are excitement or sheer terror!!! image
  • lbarr10lbarr10 Posts: 586
    HI Girls

I've just ordered this day after having a wee look at this forum. A bit scared to try it but need to do something. I have 93 days to go till my wedding and my dress doesnt fit. I need to lose some weight off my stomach and hips so fingers crossed this works.

I live in a block of flats though and not sure how my neighbors will feel about me jumping about at 7 in the morning. Might need to do it in the spare room which is upstairs.
  • Hi all!

Just thought I'd add.

Started the shred 3 weeks ago, but only on day 17! Missed 4 days due to a weekend away.

I found the first week quite painful and my knees really hurt, especially to walk down stairs. But I'm on Day 2 on L3 and my knees are a lot better and i don't ache too much now, I think the exercises make your knee muscles stronger because mine seem to be OK for now.

I am really happy with results, although I have not measured or weighed myself or dieted much, I feel more toned, stronger and a lot fitter. My abs have reduced the most I think (I had a baby belly!)

I find Level 3 really hard, but then I found level 1 and 2 really hard the first few days so I know it'll get easier.

Not sure what to do after the 30 days is up, have a rest maybe?!
    I've been very bad and haven't shredded since Thursday. I will be back on it tomorrow though - to be fair, it was my birthday this weekend so I've just chilled out and not dieted - BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER! (along with the 12 cupcakes that my H2B bought me from my cake lady! yaaaay!)

So when I go back to it tomorrow and nearly die - I'll let you know how I get on! Plenning on swimming too this week - probably wednesday image
  • Louise266Louise266 Posts: 367
    Ive been naughty over the weekend too!! Ive eaten so badly, i missed the shred on friday, did it on sat then missed sun. My thighs and legs had been killing me but after my rest days i feel much better!!

Definately doing it today, will be day 6! I'll try and come back later to update!!

Louise xx
  • MrsH1984MrsH1984 Posts: 553
    ordered my DVD today after reading good reviews all say you feel like you dying eek but can't wait to get started.

Size 14 some 12 but want to get down to a toned 12 and 10 stone exactly 11 at the momment.

Going to take my measurements now.
  • piglet3007piglet3007 Posts: 172
    Well ladies i managed day 4 of Lv 2 yesterday. Im not aching the next day but its really hard going just completing the 20 min.

My knees kill though on the lunges.

I even did a 5k jog and 20 lengths at the gym on Sat.

Today is my day off the Shred as I work till 11pm

Uptil now ive losot 1.5 inch off my thights a little of my chest but none yet off my waist.

Keep on Shredding ladies

xxx
  • Oh. My. God.

I have literally just finished Day 1, Level 1. As I cant move off the sofa just yet I thought I might as well share my pain! image

In some ways, it wasn't as bad as I expected as throughout you only knew it was 20 minutes and the moves kept changing so much it was easy to focus on 'just 30 seconds more'.

For those not sure, I would definitely say buy it. I am sweating like.... a sweaty thing! image I am also recovering from a knee reconstruction and although there are several minutes of jumping (broken up into 2 minute sections), she does one cardio move which is static punching so if my knee start to twinge I just went into that.

I've taken photos of my stomach now, so will see what it looks like in 30 days time!!

Thank you all for inspiring me to buy it!
  • I've done day 7 of level one today and definitely finding it easier in the cardio sections now. The strength bits are still hard to do at the time but at least I don't ache after anymore! I haven't really noticed any change on the outside yet but I am stronger in the legs as I managed to climb a hill near our house a lot easier than usual! I'm still trying to diet as well and have almost lost a stone since new year but reluctant to go on the scales at the moment as this builds muscle and therefore the scales won't really be an accurate way of measuring my progress any more.

I'm doing an interview on the radio on Friday about the fact we're sharing our day with the royal couple so that will be fun! SOunds like everyone is doing really well on this and getting back into it even if they miss a couple of days! Keep going, we'll all be toned in no time!!
  • FlickertyFlickerty Posts: 51
    I did day 6 of level 1 today. After reading all the horror stories on here it actually wasn't as awful as i expected to start with but the past 2 days have been tough going, just when it should be getting easier! Hasn't helped that they've followed tough days at work though. I'm a bit scared about starting level 2!!

I haven't re-taken my measurements yet but i definitely seem to be more toned already, although my weight has stuck exactly the same. It was a shock to feel my stomach jumping with me during the skipping moves so hopefully that will subside with time image
    It'll be Day 9 of Level 1 tomorrow, and I'm going swimming in the day too image

I've had a few bad days over the last week due to birthday and my friend took me out for dinner tonight, but hey, what's life if you can't have a meal with friends every now and then!!

Hope you're all getting on ok! x
  • Reading through the thread got inspired to try this for myself so i've just ordered the dvd. Actually quite excited!

Hope its going well for you all!
  • Gemmarosa9Gemmarosa9 Posts: 139
    I completed the 30 day shred last week and it's really improved my overall fitness and muscle tone.

However, I wanted to step it up a bit because it's my tummy that really needs the work so I ordered Jillian's 6 Week 6 pack and have just completed my second day of that.

Has anyone else done this dvd, and if so is it best to combine it with something else like the shred to keep up my overall fitness? image

To all you ladies doing the shred keep going! You will be amazed by the end at how easy level 1 seems if you try it again( and believe me, I was close to death the first few days!!!!)
  • NowMrsWoodNowMrsWood Posts: 438
    This thread has inspired me to buy the 30 Day Shred DVD aswell - I have never really excercised so I think its going to be really hard but thought I would give it go! image
  • janeyptjaneypt Posts: 175
    Hi

My dvd arrived on Saturday so I'm starting it tonight. Think I've got about 4 weeks till my dress arrives so one last push should see me into a 10/12, I HOPE!!!!
    I start level 2 tonight! Bit nervous as I've heard it's lots of jumping but my dress fitting is THIS SATURDAY!!! So I really do need to step it up a gear.

My SIL2B does the 6 week 6 pack. She was doing a mixture of Jillian dvds, every other day or every day if she had the time. I'm not sure how effective it's been but she's carried on with the shred too xx
    Did Level 2 for the first time yesterday. I wanted to die. Seriously. It hurt so much. I tried everything but collapsed in a heap through a lot of it! Going to do it again later this afternoon. My legs are aching. I know it'll be worth it though! MUST. TONE.
  • MangoToesMangoToes Posts: 477
    Wooo! Having bought my DVD well over a month ago (shame shame!!) I finally did my first day of level one this evening.

Good GRIEF! I was making some obscene noises! My fiance was out, the neighbours probably think I'm having an affair!! image

Still, I got through it (despite one of our cats doing her best to interfere at every turn) and I feel really energised, which is great. I had been jogging, and spinning (I swear spinning was invented by the devil himself) but wanted something I could do without being stared at!

Am going to try my best to get up a bit earlier every morning to do it - will take my before photos and measurements tomorrow AM!

Looking forward to swapping results with you ladies sooooon!

• Hi Ladies,

I have to confess I have been a bit rubbish too.. I got the dvd a few weeks back and was really good for about 4 days and then for one reason and another I missed one day and then two days and before I knew weeks had passed image(

Now reality has kicked in that I get married in 10 weeks and I need to stop making excuses! So I have my dvd and hand weights ready for another attempt at the 30 day shred in the morning!

Mango Toes as we have started at a similar time and it looks like we have a similar amount if time left to our big days shall we do let's do it together?!!! Anything that keeps me motivated will really help!

Hope you are all keeping up the good work, and I.look to reading all ur success stories v soon!

E x
  • SteampunkbrideSteampunkbride Posts: 1,748
    I'm on day 3 of the shred. I hate the bicycle abs thing! I'm c r a p at push ups as well, but I can feel myself getting better and wobbling a little less image but aching.

I'm determined to see this through, although the pitbull of a woman scares me!
  • MangoToesMangoToes Posts: 477
    Soon2beMrsP - you are ON! We sound very similar; never do today what can be put off until tomorrow, yes? image

I am actually planning to do Day 2 tomorrow first thing as I am out tomorrow night and don't want to fail on my second day, so that will be two workouts within about 13 hours of eachother. I am not sure how my poor little muscles will cope! (little being the operative word in that sentence!)

Steampunk - I am physically incapable of doing a push up. I'm just doing the half ones for now, hoping I'll be able to upgrade to proper ones soon!!!
  • piglet3007piglet3007 Posts: 172
    Lets keep it up ladies.... as much as i hate level 2 and want to scream at Jillian i went back to level 1 at the weekend and found it so easy.

Im still doing some of the simpler moves in level 2 particular around the plank but my arm strenghth has improved and i can do press ups on my toes now instead of the knees.

After 6 days on level 2 total loss - 1 inch lost on the chest, 0.5 inch on the upper arm and nearly 1.5 inch on the thights. Nothing yet off the waist and no weight loss.

Can I check what weights you are all using.. im recovering from a whiplash and knee injury from Snowboarding so are using a combination of 1.1kg and 2.2kg hand weights. I struggle with the V chair squats in level 2 as these aggrivate my shoulder.

Good luck ladies keep on shredding
  • Mango Toes that's fab!!! We do sound v similar and if we can support each other and get results, that's a bonus!

I'll start with day one tomorrow, so I'll only be one day behind you! Good luck for tomorrow and as much as ur legs/thighs might hurt just keep going!! Day two is the hardest! Let me know how u get on!

And trust me ladies ur pressups can't be any worse than.mine! Even if my.life depended on it I don't think.I could do 1 full pressups! Ha ha hopefully this will change over time but for now I'll still to the box ones!!

Xxx
  • Hi piglet30007!

I've got 2kg hand weights which are enough for.me as I don't have much upper body strength!

Level 2 sounds solid but I agree last time I attempted the workout after 4 days of level 1 I was starting to get used to some of the.moves so I can imagine going from level 2 to 1 was a doddle!

Hi everyone! Woah loads of posts this eve on here!

I did day 2 of level 2 today, and still wanted to die. It's such a big step up from level 1 -

walking down pushups, double skipping, skaters, static squat with arm press, static lunges with arm press... it's sooo much harder.

But I'm sure after a few days it'll become more manageable

To give you some inspiration - I measured myself today - bearing in mind that I've had my birthday in the middle where I indulged - a lot - I've still lost a total of 9 1/2 inches in the 2 weeks that I've been shredding. 9 1/2 inches!

That includes 2 inches in the last week that have come off of the muffin top! Yup - I even measure the muffin top!

I think there's a lot more jumping in level 2, and lots and lots of planks. I hate planks!!
  • SteampunkbrideSteampunkbride Posts: 1,748
    I'm using water bottles for weights, I'm not spending money on weights that could be spent on the wedding! image I've lost an inch off a few places, think I need to step up the diet a bit to start seeing some proper weight loss.

My problem area is my flabby baby belly, but after 3 days of doing those horrendous bicycle abs things and the other excersises I swear I'm wobbling less than I was last week.

I feel like taking a photo of my profile now and then one after I finish the 30 days! image

Thanks for the inspiration MrsHunt2B!
  • Steampunkbride - that's really funny I have taken a photo of myself tonight as well as my measurements, as actually seeing results will hopefully really motivate me! My problem area is also my belly so fingers crossed I loose some inches there!

MrsHunt2b thank u so much for your post! Knowing u can get such amazing results really has helped to focus me and spur me on to give the next 30 days 100% effort!

Fingers crossed!!!

Oh btw ladies - the thing to remember with this is not so much about it being 'weight loss' as such. if you look back in the thread there's some more posts on this, basically as you are toning and building muscle you will probably put on weight, but your body shape will change - so you won't be 'fat' as such, you just may be heavier due to muscle gain.

I haven't lost any weight at all, but I can see and feel the difference with my muscles.

And even though you don't lose weight - you still drop dress sizes as you're toning image x