Please recommend diets that work!

Morning all

So, i have been on weight watchers for 12 weeks and have lost a stone. The problem is now i have stopped losing weight and week before last i put on a pound!

Im thinking it might be time for a change...

Can anyone recommend any diets? Slimming world? Rosemary Connelly? Etc??

If any have worked for you please let me know!

Thanks!

• I went to Rosemary Conley's last night for the first time. Never been to weight watchers or slimming world or anything before, so not sure how it compares. It was really good though, the exercise was great, felt it was really working, although enough variation in pace and stuff to make it worth it. Doing my first day of measuring my foods and trying to eat by the book, and it doesn't seem to bad, although having to make my portions a lot smaller.

With the membership you get measuring scoops for food and drink and a tape measure for keeping track of how many inches you've lost, also the books and dvd and some other bits.

Maybe you can just go to a different one for a week and see what you think
  • MrsHunt110611MrsHunt110611 Posts: 1,992
    My fitness pal - I'm addicted!

and 30 day shred every day. And swimming twice a week image
  • VicshornsVicshorns Posts: 173
    I have done a few diets I would recommend a low GI plan it really worked for me I combine these theory of this along with protion control and exercise and that has really worked for me (I have lsot 3.5 stone in 15 months).

I first did GI plan wiht Rosemary connely and brought her book I stopped going ot the weekly weigh ins as they didnt fit onto my lifestyle (I have an 18 month son). I have her book which I use if I 'lose' touch wiht the ideas and for recipes suggestions.

For exercise I do interval trainig/ boxing/ weight I use a variety of DVD's 30 day shred/ hannah waterman/ davinas

HTH GOOD LUCK XXX
  • Do some exercise as well as dieting, quite simply eat less, exercise more, boring but it works image
  • sarahs1982sarahs1982 Posts: 441
    I've always found Weightwatchers to be great but I completely agree with Sarsaparilla in that the best way to lose weight is just to eat less and eat more healthily and to exercise more.

I lost 2 1/2 stone 4 years ago on Weightwatchers and managed to get down to a size 10. I've ate healthily since then and I go to the gym 3 or 4 times a week and I've managed to stay a size 10 ever since! x.
  • JN2JJJN2JJ Posts: 131
    Do the attack stage of Dukan diet for only 2-3 days- That will def give you a bit of a boost- Then you can go back to eating WW/ exercise.

Basically your body has clocked on to what you are doing so you need to shock it into reacting again. The attack phase of Dukan will do this. Or- go on liquids only for 2 days.
  • Sorry to be really boring, but any 'diet' is not going to really work long term.

In order to lose weight we need to eat less and exercise more. Starving yourself is just going to confuse your body and it will hold onto the fat stores it has.

Id actually recommend reading Paul McKennas 'I can make you thin' book as it is helping me- its not fast, but it does work!

Hope you find something to help

xx
  • NowMrsB2012NowMrsB2012 Posts: 4,835
    Thank you all for your comments.

Sarsaparilla and Sarah- I am already going to the gym 3-4 times a week so i am exercising image

Might give that Dukan diet a try....

xx