Forum home Weight loss for your wedding

Bikram Yoga!!!

Anybody done it? I've been watching youtube video's of it and cant believe how much they sweat, some people say they've lost loads of weight doing it!

Anyone know of cheap Bikram yoga dvd's anywhere? they dont do it at my gym and dont want to fork out more money! image

• Luce1985 I have tried Bikram Yoga and it is intense but effective. Personally I don't think you can truly get the full experience at home because Bikram is commonly referred to as the hot yoga, the room is heated to 45 degrees and you preform the salutations in that heat-hence why you sweat so much. You will lose weight, release toxins and tone up!!

Hope this helps
  • Hey Luce1985,

I've been doing Bikram Yoga for almost 2 years now. It's very effective but you have to practise consistently (think of abs image) at least 3 times a week. I feel it works best coupled with running. Don't do it at home without guidance as the heat is supposed to help you stretch deeper and really you don't want to hurt yourself. I suggest going for a trial class! You'll like it!