Oh...not poo! Silly me.

I posted a thread on here after coming back from visiting my inlaws2B and thinking I had not only gained what bit of weight I had lost but had also gained some more! Poo.

Then today I jumped on the scales and they were showing I had lost 5lb since yesterday image , So I fiddled with them, moved them around the floor and realised....one of my bathroom floorboards moves and my scales had been resting on it so not taking an accurate measurement!

My scales are digital ones, so I put them where I had first weighed myself, downstairs, in the lounge, on a laminate solid floor that doesn't move! I stepped on, I stepped off, I stepped on again just to check....

and lo and behold, from when I first weighed myself to this morning, I have lost 9lb! I hadn't gained any weight at all, in fact I had lost some more!

Silly me.

Lesson learned, make sure your floor is solid and always weigh yourself in the same unclothed state at the same time of day and then smile. image

• NowMrsMackNowMrsMack Posts: 2,535
    Yay! Thats the best kind of mistake you can make when it comes to your weight! Congrats! image
  • ChardonnayChardonnay Posts: 1,761
    That's even better than finding a lost fiver in a jeans pocket! image
  • MrsR4evaMrsR4eva Posts: 1,246
    yaya well done .. i weigh myself on the wii i get a bmi result too , at one point i was losing weight and the bmi was going up ??? lol image mad init x ive eaten chocolate for the first time tonight since about jan .. AND ... i dont really like it any more it sticks all around your mouth .. what you dont have you dont miss eh??
  • SteampunkbrideSteampunkbride Posts: 1,748
    Absolutely! I used to have a sandwich everyday but now I've cut out bread and I don't miss it. I also switched to coffee as I can drink that with 2 sugars in, whereas tea I actually drink with 4 sugars in! Shocking I know, I've taken it like that since I was about 13 and my family are big tea drinkers! But I was always slim until I had the baby.

I'm not a massive chocolate kind of person, I like it but only ocassionally. My sweet tooth is for sweet drinks, not food.

Someone suggested I cut out potatoes, but these are my favourite food! So maybe I should cut down.

Sometimes I walk past the Chinese take away and just revel in the smell...I miss those.
  • NowMrsMackNowMrsMack Posts: 2,535
    chinese food is probably the reason I'm getting fat! My OH's family ritual is to have a chinese every saturday night so since I've been with him I've slowly put on weight! So I blame him really! image

But monday is going to be the start of my diet, and I'm just going to try and not eat carbs. Even that in itself is practically impossible as my family's dinners consist of carbs, carbs and a few more carbs.

Expect some moans and crys for help in the near future.... image

*Edited because apparently I couldn't spell!*
  • Yay for you! I shall fiddle with my scales when I get home and see if it works for me!!

I haven't eaten chocolate since Jan 16th (yes, I know the date!) and I crave it every day. And bread. And crisps. And custard creams- which have become my chocolate substitute.

Hmmmm... maybe theres a reason my weight loss has plateaued for 2 weeks. image
  • maris1111maris1111 Posts: 351
    I had the same problem - I was using the Wii fit scales in my lounge on a big thick rug, one day it was saying lost 8 pounds, the next said I'd gained 10.... I gave up and now have digital ones in my kitchen as they are consistent there and its the only room in here without carpet.

Its funny how sensitive they are - when I put my current digital ones on the bathroom carpet they came up at about 90LB, that would have been quite a loss!!!!