Forum home Weight loss for your wedding

Any advice on tried and tested workout DVDs?

It's 6 months on from my wedding day, and im unfortunately 2 stone heavier than what I was, making me 3 stone heavier than what I'd like to be image I'm all fired up to start "my fitness pal" tomorrow but would like some recommendations for a good excercise DVDs to do too. Has anyone used / using one that they would reccomend? I wouldn't class myself as particularly fit, so I prob won't be ble to do one that's too hardcore! All help appreciated! image

• doorstopperdoorstopper Posts: 1,674
    My sisters swear by Davina McCall. I'm doing the Jillian Michaels Six Week Six Pack alongside running training, but the 30 Day Shred is supposed to be tough but effective! The JM ones are only 20-35 minutes.
  • Oh thank you! My friend has some davina ones I could borrow, although she is less than half the size of me, so I worry that I won't be fit enough to do it image I'm going to give it a try though! , il have a look at the JM ones too, thank you! X
  • Gabi_luGabi_lu Posts: 284
    Davina's Body buff and ultimate target are good, I've also got 30day shred but do prefer Davina, it's more intense but 30 day Shred is good if you dont have much time.

Stay away from Tracey Anderson's dvds they arent explained clearly enough.
  • Hi Julie,

I've been using the Jennifer Ellison one and it's fantastic.

It's interval training so it's short burst of high energy training so it's not bad to do regardless of fitness.

It's also got a diet plan which will help you drop weight quickly.

Hope this helps

Lou
  • nats2013nats2013 Posts: 6,253
    i like the davina ones. dont worry about finding it hard, theres three people on screen and one is always doing the easier version so you can start with that and work up to it if you struggle but if youre doing it every day then it wont take long to find it easy and be adding weights

good luck!!!