Bridesmaids

This may come out as a bit harsh but i need some help.

I have one bridesmaid who is on the large side i would guess a size 24 but ive never actually asked.

As soon as i asked her to become a bridesmaid she was going on a diet, and 5 months later hasnt lost any weight.

I dont know how to start the subject up, we always talk about healthy eating and fitness but she never mentions losing anything.

Im just worried that if she doesnt lose weight she might bail out on me, ive got 18 months, but time flies and i dont want to leave it too late.

Any suggestions???

• mrshughes2013mrshughes2013 Posts: 2,063
    erm tbh i think personally i wouldnt say anything as you arent asking her to be a bridesmaid because of her size your asking because of her friendship

it wont matter what she looks like.

just say to her that you are thinking about going swimming etc and does she want to join you as you need a buddy - youll gauge her reaction from that but if it isnt nice then dont be surprised.

id be a bit offended that if someone asked me to be a bridesmaid they would then be concerned with my weight if they werent before

tread carefully
  • nats2013nats2013 Posts: 6,253
    just tell her you want to start looking at bridesmaid dresses if she wants to come with -READ AN EARLIER POST ON HERE ABOUT BRIDAL SHOP BRIDESMAID DRRESSES AS YOU MIGHT WANT TO THINK ABOUT WHERE YOU GO!!!!!

contrary to popular belief you dont have to loose weight to go to a wedding. find something she looks amazing in and tell her so image
  • Im personally not bothered about her weight, but she always says she doesnt want to be a fat bridesmaid.

She also in the past as had a tendency to bail out on things, in situations that she doesnt feel comfortable. I cant really afford for her to do that.

I would just rather her turn round and say she doesnt feel comfortable or that shes not losing weight for it.

Least i would know where i stand.