Weight Watchers VS Slimming World

HELP image

I am getting no where with my diet and it is driving me insane, I am so glad I am not getting married to next October.

I have joined a gym and been going 3 times a week for 2 months with no differnce.

I tried to stick to 1600 calories a day and nothing much was happening so have joined back to weight watchers and I will loose 1/2Lb one week and put it back on the next and I am staying within my points.

I know quite a few people who are doing slimming world and have lost weight but I tried this a year ago and put on 4lbs!

I dont cheat and keep a food diary I was so worked up went to doc to get everything check but got all clear.  What do I do?!?!

I really want to loose at least a stone for next year xx Any help would be be really appreciated!

Are you on diets and what do you find works for you.

I was thinking of trying the new jodie marsh diet pills but not really a route I want to go down and they are quite expensive image

• jayellekayjayellekay Posts: 793
    If you are strictly following 1600 calories, then WW or SW are unlikely to help. They are great meal plans to help people who don't want to go down a complicated weightloss route. (SW is my favourite as I hate to weigh things!)

How tall are you? I think you might need to do more exercise.

I would calculate your BMR so you know how many calories you need for your height/weight.

To lose a pound, you need to have. Colorie deficit of 3,500. So, you can then work out how much exercise you need to do each week.

This is a very mathematical way of looking at it, but should help you analyse what needs to change.

Good luck
    My BMR is 1644 cals

I therefore need 1973 cals to maintain my weight

That's 13,810 calories a week

If I want to lose one pound a week I need a balance of calories of 10,310

Two pounds a week - 6,810 cals

Three pounds a week - 3,310 cals

Per day that's 472 cals a day. If my diet is 1,200 cals I need to burn 728 cals everyday or 5,096 cals a week.

According to mfp - that means I have to jog 7 hours each week!
  • I go to the gym 3  or 4 times a week and do 20 mins on treadmill interval tranining and then 20/30 mins on power plates on weights/squats or kettlebells.

I am 5 foot 4 and weight 12 stone 3 Lb

Its just frustrating as working away and just not seeing the difference image

Did you do your maths?

Although you are doing a lot - at 5ft - gym three times a week will only maintain my weight.

To lose I have to significantly up my exercise. Significantly.

Definitely a downside to be ing short!
  • MrsJLMrsJL Posts: 378

I've tried both Weight Watchers and Slimming World.  I joined WW a few years ago and lost about 10lbs.  I put some of it back on and went back but failed miserably.  I got married in July 2010 and had lost some weight (probably with stress) to get into my dress. Hey ho guess what I put weight back on again (probably contentment of being married).  I was my heaviest at 10st 8lb last July (I'm only 5ft 4in).  I was so uncomfortable.  I joined Slimming World and found it a bit difficult to follow so I decided just to exercise more and cut out all my junk food.  It worked.  I lost 18 lbs between July 2011 and December 2011 and got down to my target of 9st 4 lb.  So I think more exercise and cutting out/down on junk food is the answer!  I hope this helps. 

• DrMrs2BDrMrs2B Posts: 52

I enjoyed Slimming World when I did it but I found it counter productive to keep eating 'treats' even in small portions. Also, I was too hungry when eating too many carbs on 'green' days. If I did it again, I'd stay off sugar and caffeine totally and eat a lot more meat, fish and protein. And limit the fruit.

• Lizard83Lizard83 Posts: 189

Hey girls

I'm a sports coach and have a bit of spare time due to it being the summer holidays! Luckily I'm getting married abroad so my wedding is all sorted.

I'm currently writing individuals diet plans covering an 8 week period with just the foods you like on it!  I send you an email with a questionnaire and your goals etc on it and make a plan totally suited to you.

I've just written a plan for a doctor who is currently observing eid, and is a really fussy eater and has fused discs in her back, so happy to take on any cases.

I will also be texting/emailing you every day to keep you motivated and to answer any questions, queries and frustrations you may have.

Price £50. Places are limited so I can offer the best possible service.

Liz xx

• Messy2beMessy2be Posts: 151
    If you have an iPhone you can get My Fitness Pal. It's a free calorie tracker and it's reletivly simple to use once you get the hang of it. I find it much better than ww/sw image x
  • Thanks xx

• lizard83 do u hve more info?

• I certainly do! Do you have an email address and I can send further information to you xx

• MrsF2b2MrsF2b2 Posts: 831
    Liz, just tried to message you but I couldn't. Can you contact me?