Forum home Weight loss for your wedding

Anyone want a diet buddy for July 2013?

Hi, I want to lose a stone for my wedding next year and was wondering if anyone would like to join me so that we can support each other.

• MrsMXN2bMrsMXN2b Posts: 35

Cool, I've just got back from a short break and did not like what I saw on the scales! image

Bless ya, I thought i'd start today but feeling very hungry already and I've had cereal already!  Good luck.

lol i've just realised that my ticker says i've already lost the weight, doh, I wish it had!  I'd better sort that out!

• I'm July 2013, trying to lose a stone but want to lose it in the next month or so, so I can go wedding dress shopping lol x
  • MsC2BMsC2B Posts: 13
    MrsMXN2b wrote (see)

Hi, I want to lose a stone for my wedding next year and was wondering if anyone would like to join me so that we can support each other.

Hey, I'm wanting to lose a stone before June 2013, would love a buddy! I've just ordered the 30 Day Shred DVD after my friend dropped a dress size and really toned up. I want to lose it on my tummy the most, even though my dress holds me tight, I don't want to be uncomfortable. And my arms!! Now I'm not fat but I want toned arms. I'm turning into a dietzilla nevermind a bridezilla!! I've started juicing for breakfast and lunch, it's surprisingly filling. What do you do work wise? I teach so I don't have time to snack and only a 30min lunch so when I go back it should help as I'll be so busy.

Sorry I've rambled! image

• I found 30 day shred hurt my knees quite a lot, I'm going to go with Tracy Anderson DVDs they have worked for me before just need to stick with it x

Did you use a yoga mat on a carpeted floor?

• I wore cushioned trainers and on a carpeted floor but made no difference, in the couple of days I did do it though I noticed my arms looking better x

Ooh I must check out this 30 day shred.  I work term time only but not full time so I do have time to snack although once I get started and in the routine im not usually too bad, I like to follow weightwatchers online.  I have actually got my dress which does fit but I would like to drop a size so that im what I was when I met h2b, the main thing i've noticed is that my arms really need toning too.  When I was younger just losing weight sorted anything out but now im not going to get away without exercising and im the biggest ive been which is mad because I thought that id have loads of incentive to get to my goal weight once I got engaged but in fact ive put on weight! 

• I know the feeling, We have been engaged for 5 years but just recently booked our wedding, thought it would make me lose weight but I just can't get motivated, really need to get a move on, want to go dress shopping in the next couple of month. My problem is I start work at 6.30am and finish at 10.30am, don't have time for breakfast so when I get home I'm starving and just eat whatever I can find lol x

Right today is the day I am starting properly.  Good luck everyone.  Mrs Brown2Be could you make a snack the night before or take some fruit with you to eat at some point?

MrsBrown2Be2013 wrote (see)
    I know the feeling, We have been engaged for 5 years but just recently booked our wedding, thought it would make me lose weight but I just can't get motivated, really need to get a move on, want to go dress shopping in the next couple of month. My problem is I start work at 6.30am and finish at 10.30am, don't have time for breakfast so when I get home I'm starving and just eat whatever I can find lol x

Have you thought about smoothies or yoghurt? I hate breakfast, I'm never that hungry but I know it makes a difference to my metabolism. I make smoothies the night before then just grab them on the way out to work, I have to leave at 7am so every extra minute in bed is a god send. Yoghurt and honey if you use the runnier yoghurt (or cheat and mix with some water) is a lovely drink. I use my H2B's protein shaker cup.

MrsMXN2b wrote (see)

Right today is the day I am starting properly.  Good luck everyone.  Mrs Brown2Be could you make a snack the night before or take some fruit with you to eat at some point?

I started the 30 Day Shred yesterday, jeeeeeez it does burn but it was so quick. The time versus the amount of exercise/toning is well worth it. Off to walk the dog so I can stretch my muscles before doing today's 30DS. 

Hope all is going well with you!

• Miss_XMiss_X Posts: 263
    I want to lose a stone before August 2013.

Have given up my car recently and will be walking to uni about 4 days a week, which is 45 mins each way. I'm hoping combining that and a healthier diet will help. Have also purchased 30 day shred, but I'm saving it until I have my new routine sorted and can plan it in so I don't have to miss days image

How do you get the banner under your posts with the weight loss countdown?

Xx
  • I have never dieted, but getting married is the best reason I have had. I'm not overweight, just want to lose a bit of belly weight and tone up. I have cut out all my fatty snacks, choc, crisps etc. But started to buy dark choc, and have a chunk or 2 when i get the cravings.

Needing to join the gym I think. 10 months to go, so time to seriously get started!!! Christmas will be hard, but im thinking if i gym it, then i can eat more???

Good luck ladies. Keep up the good work, and imagine yourself in THAT dress looking and feeling amazing.

Amanda.

• I'm getting married July 19th next year and want to get to my goal weight before then!

Been dieting since January and lost about 20lbs so far, and I'm really proud of myself as I've said a million times before that I was gonna lose weight and never actually did. This time it's worked!!

Think I've hit a barrier because although I've still been eating as good as possible, I've not managed to lose anything in about two months! image Think I need to get down to the gym and start toning everything.

Good luck girls! Let's keep each other motivated. image

• Well done Leah, 20lbs is great. Keep up the good work. July will fly around.