Celebrity Slim

Hello,

I have been looking at diets for a reasonably quick result (yes, i know there is no real quick fix, but need to kickstart myself) that will fit in with my busy lifestyle.  Celebrity Slim seems to get mainly good reviews...have any of you tried it? Did it work for you? Or is there something else I should be looking at?

I would like to loose about 3st in total...I am currently 13st 6lb, a size 14.

I am bridesmaid in March next year so just want to look good at a size 10-12.

Look forward to hearing from yas...thanks

• SpangleSpangle Posts: 82

I've not tried Celebrity Slim but have done Lipotrim instead. It does work but you have to give it a chance. I did it for 10 wks two years back yet some of my friends can't even do it for two days.

Consists of three shakes a day and lots of water. No food at all. You're allowed coffee and tea with table sweetners, no milk. It's avilable from certain chains of pharmacy's. 

Definitely worth a look if you're after a good kick start. If you follow the re-feed diet after you'll keep the weight off and possibly lose a bit more. (I did it again this year and got lazy with keeping up the re-feed diet and exercise and now I'm back to square one).

• Thanks for that.

I was reading up about Celebrity Slim and thought it was 2 shakes and one balanced meal (without carbs).  I do like coming home and making a proper meal, but during the day shakes/bars etc would be a lot simpler.

Good tip about the re-feed diet...wouldnt want to undo all of my hard work!!

• manfawmanfaw Posts: 2,756

It sounds like the same principle as Slim Fast?  How long do you have until your wedding?

• I am not getting married (unfortunately)...I am bridesmaid to one of my best pals next march. image

I like the taste of the slimfast shakes and used to have one as a speedy breakfast, but thought I always got sugar cravings mid-morning if I had one.

• manfawmanfaw Posts: 2,756

I doubt celeb slim would be any different?

You've still got time to lose weight properly (and by that I mean not starving your body!) have you thought about joining my fitness pal or something similar?

• Hmm...well I think I will give it a shot...see how it goes. I will keep yas posted. image start next Monday.
  • Has anyone had any results with this yet? 

• If you got until march next year you have plenty of time to lose weight. I started slimming world last week on January and have already lost 2 stone 5 pounds. I aim to lose about another stone and a half by august, but I know that's going to take some commitment. 

But if you do it the right way your more likely to maintain the lose and stick to it. Like Sprangle saII'd a lot of her friends couldn't stick to that diet as it was too challenging. 

• Hi, I would avoid these faddy-type shake diets like Celebrity Slim and Slimfast because as soon as you stop the weight will just go stratigh back on *been there*

(I have tried EVERY fad diet under the sun lol!)

I would suggest weight watchers as that wat you are more likley to keep the weight off after your special day image