oh my god.

im on day 4 of my no carbs before wedding diet.

So far lost 5lb.

BUT

i have my 5 year old daughters friends round tonight, and one little girl has just said "your fat arnt you".

so this has spurred me on. I was bullied every day at school. i DO NOT want my daughter or son to be builled for having fat mum.

i could cry ;'(

• manfawmanfaw Posts: 2,756

Kids are mean!!

Well done on the loss you'll get there!  My other half is doing a no carbs diet too I hope his losses are as good as yours after a few days image

• the word "fat" is banned in our house, my daughter has no idea what it means, let alone call someone it? where does a little girl learn that you call someone fat?

I have no idea - I guess its all around us really, perhaps you should have a word with this little girls Mum?  I would be horrified if my niece or nephew said anything like that and I think their parents would be too.

• Spond25Spond25 Posts: 580

How rude!!  if that's you on ur profile picture you look good as you are, don't be upset by a rude little brat and well done on loosing 5lbs Xx

• thanks girls!

So rude lol. then she called another little girl whos with us who is overweight, fat. I think its awful, i dont want my baby girl around it!

• oh and thanks! il admit this here so i can say i will never be this weight again.. i am 20stone in that picture.image

think i might save to a glastic band, im desprite now :'(

You dont look 20 stone!

As for this little girl she clearly needs to be taught some manners I think you need to keep your daughter away from her

• Mrs BoundsMrs Bounds Posts: 1,311

oh my god what an awful thing to say, I would be having a word with the girl's parent especially as she called another child fat!! 

• thanks hun,

think i might have a work with her mum. dont dare though as her mum is tiny lol

• jesus how does it go down if it sticks? thats scary!

i lo9st 7 stone through cambridge 2 years ago, but then pilled it back on image

• Wow! What a little brat. Kinda makes you want to say something like "perhaps, but you're ugly and at least I can lose weight." Not that I would say that to a child I hastily add! image

I would definitely have a word with the girl's mother, I'm sure she'll be mortified that her child said something so rude and when in somebody else's house!!! I was always taught that it's crass to comment on anyone's physical appearance, other than nice comments. image

You look gorgeous just the way you are, really well done for your weight loss but ignore the child, just remember, kids believe in the Tooth Fairy and that's [email protected] too, just like what she said is nonsense. xx

• MrsF2b2MrsF2b2 Posts: 831
    Wow, Wenchy. The GP tried to scare me into going on a diet by saying my BMI was high enough for a band on the NHS. Sometimes I wish I had just turned around and said "OK, when can i be referred?" But having heard that I'm glad I didn't! I've met a few people who have had them done and every one of them said it was wonderful - never heard that side of it at all!

That little girl needs teaching some manners. Saying the same thing to you and to a child Makes me suspect it's an attitude she has learnt rather than just a phrase, and one that's praying on her mind. Is her mum or someone else close to her always on a diet or obsessing about looks? I'd be worried about her relationship with food as well as her social skills!!
  • Gosh wenchy i've never heard of those side effects before. To keep weight off is to change your eating habits anyway!

13July that child needs a good telling off, i'd definitely speak to the mum as no one wants their children around that!!! Dont worry about what she said shes only a child and children can be very harsh they dont know whats right and whats wrong to say sometimes. 

xx

• The child is only 5, she probably doesn't even really know what she's saying is wrong. 

• Weird

That is all
  • When I was a teenager, I had quite sticky out teeth. My cousin was 5 or 6 at the time and one day she turned and said to me. "you've got rabbit teeth" she wasn't being mean, she was just making an observation. I said that yes I had big teeth but I was seeing a special dentist and they would fix them for me. She just shrugged and said ok then carried on with whatever she was doing. At that age their brains aren't developed enough to understand how their words affect other people. It's not her fault.
  • Yes, I agree with FlyingSpaghettiMonster - young children just say it as they see it - I'm pretty sure she didn't mean to be rude, she was just stating (what to her) was a fact. She could have just as easily said 'your hair is really long' or 'your eyes are really blue.'

Good luck with the weightloss though, I know it must seem like a long and difficult journey but the benefits to your health (mental and physical) will I'm sure, be huge.

• LBrideLBride Posts: 29

I have to agree.  Kids just blurt stuff out without understanding it, although I get how you would take it to heart still. 

I am 5ft 6 and 10st10 and once my step-son told me I "look like I have a baby in my tummy"! image  I know he didn't realise he was being rude but I have never forgotten it. And it does spur you on.

Try to take it on the chin and keep going, you sound like you have done amazingly so far!!

Xx