Forum home Weight loss for your wedding

30 day shread anyone

hi i have just started doing this work out on day 3 so very early and i cant belive how unfit i have become im only doing level 1 and my carfs are killing me , just wonderd if anyone has already done it and dose it work im sure the fact that you have to do it everyday will make a diffrence im sure ,i hate exersize its never excited me and need a lot of motivation

please help anyone lola

• I've done it and lost over 17 inches from all over my body. I've been doing Jillian's workouts for over a yr now and am I redoing Ripped in 30 now (started again this morning)

Thanks to jillian and SW I've lost 5 stone in weight and gone from a size 24 to a 12

I now run a FB support group for 30 day shredders with a bunch of other lovely ladies

• lola28lola28 Posts: 175

O wow we'll done you you must look like a diffrent person , and thanks for sharing that with me as I'm finding it hard to do mainly I suffer from arthritis and because of that I don't and haven't done any exercise for over 2 years but dieting alone ident working for me now so I have to up my game I really don't want a back cleavage lol I'm going to def stick to it now thankyou .when do you get married and have you got your dress  Lola x

• MrsKGMrsKG Posts: 403

Wow that's an amazing weight loss! That's brilliant! I just downloaded the 30 Day Shred and am going to start it tomorrow. Just watched Level 1 to see what I'm getting myself into and I've got to admit, I like Jillian's firm but realistic style. Might post some measurements on here to get me motivated and make sure I do it every day! (Might not do weight as our scales at home are rubbish and have varied 9lb in a day before now!)

• Abi14Abi14 Posts: 201

Just bought this DVD and am going to start fit this week. Had a look at level 1 as well over the weekend and does seem better than the usual dribble that celebs come out with on DVDs. Look forward to hearing how you are all doing!!! Xx

• My advice ladies.....Stay away from the scales. Track your progress on how your clothes feel, what the measurements say on the tape. There is the potential to gain weight when you first start any form of exercise from water retention, your body will hang on to it to repair muscles but stick with it and losses in lbs and inches are possible

Give it all you've got

• lola28 wrote (see)

O wow we'll done you you must look like a diffrent person , and thanks for sharing that with me as I'm finding it hard to do mainly I suffer from arthritis and because of that I don't and haven't done any exercise for over 2 years but dieting alone ident working for me now so I have to up my game I really don't want a back cleavage lol I'm going to def stick to it now thankyou .when do you get married and have you got your dress  Lola x

People tell me I look realy different, younger thankfully lol

My wedding day will be November 28th 2015....I haven't got my dress yet but I am going to the national Wedding show at the end of the month and I'd hoping to get the chance to try on as many dresses as possible

November that's a lovely time I love fuehrer shrugs you can get , your h2b and family must be so proud not to mention you . So have you basickley lost all that in a year ?? Your gona have so much fun being thin trying on dresses thay all seem to keep size 12 in for samplers like a lot of brides on here I went in with a style and came out with a completely different dress do you have a style if so I would love to know and then find out the one you choose  thanks Lola x

• laurapjlaurapj Posts: 726

I LOVE Jillian, although I have to admit I didn't do it properly the first time. I managed to do I think it was 21 days, and then ended up missing 4 or 5, did one or two, missed another 4 or 5 etc. which I was really disappointed in myself about as I was so nearly there! 

But I felt my fitness improve so quickly and I really felt good about it. My fiance said he noticed a difference even if I didn't really see results myself. I am going to give it another shot though as it suits me much better than any other exercise I've tried and I want to feel like I completed something! Ripped in 30 looks good too

L x

• lola28 wrote (see)

November that's a lovely time I love fuehrer shrugs you can get , your h2b and family must be so proud not to mention you . So have you basickley lost all that in a year ?? Your gona have so much fun being thin trying on dresses thay all seem to keep size 12 in for samplers like a lot of brides on here I went in with a style and came out with a completely different dress do you have a style if so I would love to know and then find out the one you choose  thanks Lola x

I want Fur shrugs for my Daughters (they will be my bridesmaid and flower girl...14 yrs and nearly 4 on the big day)
    I weighed 15st 10lbs on my 33rd bday (FEB 2012) and a photo taken of me made me cry buckets. My baby girl was just 10 weeks old. I started Slimming world from Home and exercising. On my 34rd birthday exactly 1 yr later I had a photo taken and I weighed 10st 13lbs.......... I've managed to maintain my weight since then....
    I've got a pic if you wanna see

As for styles, I know I want a corset back I quite like the Alfred Angelo designs

• laurajp wrote (see)

I LOVE Jillian, although I have to admit I didn't do it properly the first time. I managed to do I think it was 21 days, and then ended up missing 4 or 5, did one or two, missed another 4 or 5 etc. which I was really disappointed in myself about as I was so nearly there! 

But I felt my fitness improve so quickly and I really felt good about it. My fiance said he noticed a difference even if I didn't really see results myself. I am going to give it another shot though as it suits me much better than any other exercise I've tried and I want to feel like I completed something! Ripped in 30 looks good too

L x

Ripped in 30 is ace, a bit nuts but I did it once and got cracking results so thought I'd kick start my christmas body with it

Wow that's a brilliant weight loss! Hard work I bet (as I struggle to lose a pound in weight!) but so worth it. You will look stunning in your dress image

• MrsKGtobe wrote (see)

Wow that's a brilliant weight loss! Hard work I bet (as I struggle to lose a pound in weight!) but so worth it. You will look stunning in your dress image

Thats very kind, I certainly hope so......When I started dieting and exercising, we were just boyfriend/girlfriend but He proposed in October (I had lost about 4 stone then) He said it was like a light went on inside me and I'm so much happier these days..... No more bubbly fat girl smiling through the pain............. Now the smile is genuine.

Good luck to everyone who is giving this a go

• I have just completed 30 Day Shred, I’m doing Insanity now (but we’ll see how that goes! Might go back to Ripped in 30 instead!) I would def agree stay away from the scales, I haven’t lost any weight apparently, but I know I am definitely smaller and people I haven’t seen in a while keep commenting on my weight loss!

Good luck everyone!! x

Right, so I have taken my measurements and am going to post them on here before I try level one for the first time. Hoping this will heed me motivated and keep me going by having them here for all to see!

so here goes...

arm: 10.5"

waist: 33"

Hips: 41"

Thigh (at widest point): 24"

Hoping to see some change for the better!

off I go to sweat it out with Jillian!

Just done day one at level one - that was so tough! I'm so unfit! I had to stop for a minute because I felt dizzy but then I carried on a finished it. I'm sure Jillian would tell me off but I thought that was better than falling over to just giving up. Hoping it gets easier!

how are you getting on lola28 And Abi?

speccy laura, and Lisa - you are keeping me inspired!

• I have just started this too! I did day 2 yesterday so will be doing day 3 when I get home from work.

It is tough. I think I found day 2 harder as I was already aching! I hope it gets easier...I am in agony today!

Good to read the stories of it working though image

• Penlou wrote (see)

I have just started this too! I did day 2 yesterday so will be doing day 3 when I get home from work.

It is tough. I think I found day 2 harder as I was already aching! I hope it gets easier...I am in agony today!

Good to read the stories of it working though image

The agony lasts until day 4 and then it magically all gets better, so dont give up

I'm redoing Ripped in 30 and its my day 2 aswell, I feel like I've been hit by a train lol but I know in the long run its worth it. Its changed my whole body both the way it looks and feels

hay ladies i have just finished day 4 and its dose feel a little easer not much but day 1,2 i could hardley move and had to flop on the sofa and focus for 20mins lol luckerley im doing it in the livinroom so just fell back , i have unfortunetley pulled a mussel in my chest and my arthritus in my knees and rists hurt a bit more but not enough to give up and so glad we are all at the same level i really hate the gym and always find an excuse not to go but i feel 20mins out of my day is do able well lets hope we all get results ladies im sure we will i have seen so meny girls on her prasing it and def speeky4eyes is an insporation for me, lets keep this going so we dont give up

lola

• Lola28.....My advice if your knees are bad would be to avoid masses of cardio, give it a go and if it starts to hurt, change cardio stuff for shadow boxing, just don't stop, keep your heart rate up and you will still get results. I've offered this advice to loads of people and they have come through the program

I did belong to a gym, what a waste of time, I never really pushed myself and I never saw results like the ones I achieved with just 20 mins a dayimage

aww thankyou my speclist said its fine to do exersize theres no prof to say it makes it worse so ill just work through it im doing low inpact and will build it up today even tho i have pulled a mussle i had a smile on my face after i finished and that speaks alot for me its nice to know we are all doing it tho i will loose my back fat lol , i dont know whats happend to my smillys on the top there gone !!  thanks speccy

That's great advice Speccy4Eyes. Keep going Lola28 - we can do it! I've got to say after I have done day 1 I have got a right headache! The exercise is probably a massive shock to my system! Can feel it in my abs (under the fat!) a bit already which is a good thing. Sort of strangely looking forward to doing it again tomorrow...

• MrsKGtobe wrote (see)

That's great advice Speccy4Eyes. Keep going Lola28 - we can do it! I've got to say after I have done day 1 I have got a right headache! The exercise is probably a massive shock to my system! Can feel it in my abs (under the fat!) a bit already which is a good thing. Sort of strangely looking forward to doing it again tomorrow...

Make sure you get a good rhythym going with your breathing.....Thats what causes the headaches...... and dizziness.....Have a big drink of water and a good sit down when you're done and you should be right as rain

Thanks for your advice about the breathing. I realised when I was doing my day two work out just now I sometimes forget to breathe because I'm concentratinupon the exercises! Hopefully I won't have the same problem today and I'm drinking plenty of water. Found it a bit easier today after yesterday's initial shock and managed it all the way through but my muscles are hurting!

how is anyone else getting on? X

• I managed day 3 last night. I must admit I am still finding it hard but I am not sore today which is nice!!

Looking forward to day 4 when I get home.

just finished day 5 and god it was hard in this heat i had the windows open but if def earned a glass of wine later keep up the good work ladies i must say doing it every day is better i think you dont have time to find something else to do if i was going to the gym i would only go 2,3 times and then when it comes to the w,end i wouldent go saying theres to meny people there i cant say that now just the puppy that keeps jumping on me when im doing situps lol

• Well I've done 3 of Ripped and I have aches on my aches lol

Legs like Frankenstein but I refuse to give up........ I'll be finished this just in time to go wedding dress shopping so I will not surrender lol

haha i know you wont yu have atcheved so much already this will just be another hurdle in the meny you have already jumped , and you once again have a gole , when you said you lost 17in did you meen after doing all 3 level 1,2,3 so 3 months in total ? lola

• Lola28

Each level only lasts 10 days...... There are 3 level so 30 days in total
    I achieved the 17 inch loss in 30 days

I made a little chart

My measurements are now
    Arms 10 inches
    Total 1 inch off each arm but I have muscles now, instead of bingo wings lol

Underbust 30 inches
    Total loss of 8 inches (upper waist)

Boobs 35inches
    Total loss of 6 inches (gone from a 44G to 36B)

waist 29 inches
    Total Loss of 15 inches (blinking heck, I didn't realise it was that many)

Hips 38 Inches
    Total loss of 6 inches

Butt 38.5
    total loss of 5.5 inches

L.thigh 21.5
    total loss of 4 inches

R.thigh 21.5
    Total loss of 8 inches

So in 15 months of following Jillian's workoutsI have lost a grand total of 56.5 inches !!
    And to think I was bigger in the Feb when I started SW.... I'm quite shocked

omg thats amazing !!! well im preety much the same as you was so happy days if i loose ins my arms are 11.5 and i notest yours stayed the same im hopeing mine drop down if not i surpose loosing bingo wings is as good , i really cant belive how much you have lost in total is that on 30 shread or the riped im def sticking to mine i have it on a calander for all to see plus my mesurments image so my h2b daughter and son know what thay are lol but i did it for a reason so thay can keep an eye on me i have said to my partner give it a go as he is prob 2 stone over weight but you know men he said he will diet 3 months before lol lets see anyway dont think it bothers him as much as us ladies image

• My fiance did it for 3 days and gave up
    My results are from the following dvds
    30 day shred
    Ripped in 30
    No more trouble zones
    Banish fat, boost metabolism
    90 day body revolution
    killer buns and thighs
    Killer abs
    Jillian's stuff really does work

My arms look so different now, despite the lack of inch loss.....much more toned