Calling all Slimming World Brides!!!

• PoppinsPoppins Posts: 3,146

Well just got back from weigh in and I lost 3.5lbs!!!! I'm over the moon!! Hope everyone else is doing ok? Xx

• Flipping heck, that's brilliant! image  Well done. 

• Hi everyone,

I would love to join this thread too if I can?

I'm getting married in May 2014.  I've been trying to lose weight for a while and unable (doctor thinks it was possible due to meds I was on).  I'm on 3rd week of slimming world and lost 8 1/2 lbs so far...so so happy and already feel better!  I would love to lose about 1 1/2 stone more, but we shall see image

I often get a bit disheartened with diets so this could help.

However, I was wondering if anyone has any advice for me now....

I'm seeing friends this weekend - 1 night I'm going for a meal, the next two nights are for my best friends hen do...food and booze!  Argh!  Any advice?

Thanks guys xxx

Welcome Jennaldo! Well done so far! Do you have a rough idea of where you are eating out etc? My leader tonight said the best thing to do is 100% food optimise right up until you go out but don't eat any syns until you are out. Alcohol wise, is there particular drinks you prefer? Gin/vodka are your lowest spirits I think especially with diet coke/lemonade? Xx

• I know were having wine in the house first (oh dear).

On the Thursday night I'm being taken out for tacos (somewhere in Edinburgh - not sure where)

On the Friday night wine in the house, then a take away

On the Saturday I will def stick to spirits, but we are eating in Zizzis.  It's a set menu which I don't know yet, so I'm hoping it will be something suitable!  This is difficult!

I def won't eat any syns before then though - fingers crossed!  Me weigh in date is also changing this week as I am visiting my parents so I'm a bit muddled with everything lol x

• I would definately say keep to no syns the rest of the time and make sure you have 1/2 super free foods rather than your usual 1/3. With every meal image

i would look at the 'speed' foods too, they will boost your weight loss and hopefully give you a loss! image 

poppins is right to go with the spirits, is there any chance if you are having wine if it's white or rose you could take diet lemonade or diet soda and have spritzers? 

With the spirits stick to diet come if you're out unless they definitely have diet lemonade (most places don't! image)

depending on the takeaway curries, go tomato based, Chinese you could try beef and mushroom or something similar. I think there should be a section in your book that gives you approx syn values for takeaways image

enjoy your weekend! image xx

• Ah, I'm loving this thread already...for some stupid reason I didn't even think about making it a spritzer.  I'll get the soda water ready image

I'm not going to ruin my weekend, but at the same time, I'm not going to ruin my progress.  I'll sneak a look at my book when we are organising the take away image

Thanks again ladies, hope it's going well for you guys xxx

I've got the big food directory at home which lists a lot of well lniwn restaurants, I'll have a look tonight when I'm home for you xx

How's everyone getting on this week? I don't seem as motivated compared to last week! Is anyone on Instagram? I've found loads of people who use it as there good diary so it's been quite helpful getting ideas for meals etc xx

• LivelifeloveLivelifelove Posts: 1,024

I've been struggling with super free at dinner time., lunch and break is are finE but dinner is a struggle 

I've been eating beet root! I'm not a big salad fan but love beet root so I've been tucking into half a jar of that most days! Do you like pickled onions? It's the only meal I prob don't eat as much super free as I should to be honest! Xx

• Can I join the tread?

Im joing Slimming World on Tuesday. Strugging to lose weight just doing it myself!

Of course! The more the merrier! Xx

• How long has everyone being doing Slimming World and how successful have you been?

I started last August, lost a stone in the first month, went to America for a month and put on half a stone, then lost that and another half a stone then had Christmas! Which I totally binged! Looking back, I was a joke!! Since going back after Christmas I've lost 5lbs in the first two weeks. The diet really does work if you put in 100% and plan your food it's rather easy really! Sometimes it's too good to be true! Xx 

• LivelifeloveLivelifelove Posts: 1,024

MrsC - I only started 2/3 weeks ago so I'm relatively new to it too.

Poppins - I quite like pickled onions....are the jarred ones super free? I'm not a fan of beetroot...!!! I had quorn lamb steak at lunch with jacket potato, baked beans and salad. Yummmy!! Hoping h2b will make wild mushroom risotto for dinner. I have followed lots of people on instagram for recipes - I didn't even think of there for inspiration so thank you x

I know me neither, I was bored one day and just searched for slimming world and could believe how many people use it for that! Your lunch sounds lush! I had baked pot, beans and Linda Mcartney sausages the other day for mine (with my jar of beetroot on the side) yeah I'm sure pickled onion jars are free! I'm not a fan but OH has them sometimes instead of salad, good for a snack when he's driving. Chicken stir fry for us tonight! Actifry chips tomorrow night, yay!!! Xxx

• hey ladies, 

i was going to start sw in a weeks time but just been and got all the stuff to start with now. 

be brill to join in this thread, hope you dont mind. am doing it from home. am getting married in dec and need to shape up hehe. 

so am officially starting tomorrow, plan is to have grilled bacon medallions and extra light cheese triangle sarnie for breakfast, gammon steak and smash for the evening, but am going out for lunch and finding the menu hard!! 

What do you normally eat for meals out ladies?

saturday night am out for my fiances bday meal and thats easy because the place does amazing grilled seabass in tomato sauce with vegetables, how many syns should i use for the oil/butter they may use? xxx

So sorry ladies I've been MIA with the thread!!! Long week at work plus many sleepless nighta results into a mushed brain!! Just enjoyed sausage, mash potatoes, carrots and onion gravy all for 5 syns! It was delicious! 

Welcome to the thread Clare! If I was you when you go out for your meal don't have any syns through the day then just enjoy your meal and get back on track the next day. A good top is to have half your plate super free and 1/4 for meat and a 1/4 for carbs if you are following Easy  Extra plan anyway. It's called success express in the diet books. Xxx

This weeks menu! Hoping to stay on plan 100% this week as I'm need of a good loss for a motivation boost!!! Hope everyone else is doing well xx

• hey, ah thank you, i am just following the book. havent had any syns today so we are going for an indian, chicken dhansak, boiled rice and large glass of red for the fiances bday. sooooo looking forward to it. 

all for 15 syns and used none at all so far today. 

am loving sw. 

hoping it works am following it to the letter 

xxx

I'm sure it will work! I lost 1.5lb last night, thought it might have been more but hey oh a loss is a loss! If I lost 1.5lb every week from now till the wedding then that's 3 and a half stone!!! Always sounds better when you say it like that! Plus this week I feel so much slimmer, I really should have taken my measurements when I started! Mum bought me a body warmer for Christmas and I honestly think I can only wear it for a few more weeks as it's gone so big on me! Actually thinking about it I had my measurements taken just after new year for my dress so when I go back for my next measuring at the end of march hopefully I'll see a big difference! Fingers crossed! 

Last night we had beef koftas which were lovely!! Sausage and mash tonight! Xxx

• I did calorie counting before slimming world and started to find at the end of the day I was getting really hungry, I lost 2 stone.

I have now been doing slimming world for 2 weeks now. In my first week I like 5 1/2 pounds and this week I lost 1 pound but I had my wedding food tasting event so didn't stick to it 100% this week image

I hope to lose 3 stone by my September wedding and the after that lose between another 2-3 stone over time.

Aww when are you getting married? You've done fab for your first two weeks! Xx

• 13th September this year, so plenty of time I hope image

What about yourself?

I'm the 27th September! Xx

• Just a couple of weeks after image

Is there any dishes that you would recommend?

My favourite is beef and bean hotpot, think I put the ingredients and recipe in here, might be on page 2 of the thread. I'm going to start kitting my weekly menu up on a Sunday so if there's anything you like the look of let me know and I'll get the recipe if it's not an obvious one like spaghetti bolognese! Xx

• Do you find it helps to plan your meals? Some days I find it difficult as I work I'm residential care so your meant to eat what they eat an it's not always me cooking, but usually I just make myself beans on toast using healthy option b if I know the meal has high syn value

Yeah if I didn't plan I'd end up eating all sorts. I work 7-7 so I get home and just crack on with making tea because if I had to think about it I'd either have something very easy to make like a pizza or a bowl of cereal!! I'm lucky that my OH is doing it with me so that helps with the cooking etc xx