Calling all Slimming World Brides!!!

• Yeah both me and my other half is doing it so does make things easier when cooking for both.

• PoppinsPoppins Posts: 3,146

Are you having a good week so far? X

• hey ladies, sorry i have been away doing my beauty courses all done now. been away, eaten out everynight just weighed this morning and am amazed, 2lb loss. 

only 2 more lbs then that me still going to follow sw but to maintain. 

i feel a lot better and am enjoying this plan so much. 

its my bday on the 18th so will be using flexi syns then but if get straight back on it should be fine. 

how is everyone? when are peoples wedding dates?

am mega excited 

xxxxx

p.s just had lindy mccartney onion veggie sausages they are free and yum with beans xxx

• Hi ladies, hope you don't mind me joining in on this thread. I just started sw last night. I've dieted on and off for ten years and lost and gained the same two stone I don't know how many times! I'm hoping this plan works for me. It seems quite a lot to get my head around but I'm sure I'll get into it. I was 11st13 last night and aiming to be 10st7 for my wedding in July, although I'd quite like to be close to it by May 3rd when my dress fitting is. EEEEk hope I can do it. Any useful tips? Xx

Sorry for being missing recently!! I had a meltdown last Monday after putting 1lb on and not knowing why! Anyway I didn't beat myself up about it, got back on track and lost 2lbs tonight! Would have liked more but hey Ho a loss is a loss!! Welcome to all the new ladies on here! I promise to be a little more active on here this week. I've got the week off so hoping to try some new recipes! Xxx

• Hi there Poppins, well done on your loss. My class is a Monday too and I lost 4.5lb this week (1st week) so very happy. Enjoying the plan and eating a lot more sensibly. Need to up the exercise now. When's your wedding? X

• It was my 4th week this week and I lost 4lb and was slimmer of the week image in total I have lost 13.5lb so hopefully can get the stone award next week.

We'll done ladies! Great weight losses all round! My wedding is on the 27th Sept this year! Time is flying now!! Xx 

• Hi all.

I am also a Slimming World bride. I have WIs on a Thursday. I have lost 1 stone 1/2 lb so far but have a long way to go. My Wedding is December 20th this year.

• Hi ladies- wedding in 65 days!

eek! I'm a sw bride and have lost just under 3 stones and gone from size 16 to 10!  I have 1.5 pounds to get to target of 11 stones (i'm 5ft 9) and I can't wait!

Weigh in tomorrow morning and i am itching to find out if i've lost.  Trouble is it took me three weeks to lose 2lbs last week as so hard to lose that last bit of weight and people keep saying oh you should stop now etc etc- so motivation is waning a bit but have been gym four times this week and have only had 60 syns total this week so fingers crossed! image

Made this today and it was gorgeous!!! I added some bacon and half of my healthy extra A cheese choice!! I'd very much like to eat it again it was that nice!!! 

Welcome to the new ladies!! Xxx

• Hi Ladies.... Not been on here for ages and without a wedding dress to fit into, have only been following SW half the time over the last few months, the other half making up for the last 10 months of cake (oh how I have missed you), chocolate and wine . image

Anyway, still weighing the same as when I got married image (Size 10 - 12 and only fluctuating by about a pound either way) - no idea how but I guess I have just settled at a good weight for me and maintaining by behaving myself most of the time. Would wholeheartedly recommend SW for any brides out there.... it is easy to get into once you know the basics.

Would love to see some recipes... I have found Chicken stuffed with Laughing Cow Blue cheese and wrapped in bacon quite moreish (Syn free if you use the cheese as a HEX). With SW chips and peas (and glass of red) could easily be in a good restaurant!  

Wishing you all a good week, xxx

• Lynsey ShawLynsey Shaw Posts: 517

I have followed this thread with interest!  I am 11st 12lbs and 5'8...only a few pounds overweight but I would rather lose them.  Easier to take a wedding dress in than out. I was wondering how Slimming World calculates your daily consumption, and what are these syns and HEXs you speak of?  They sound fabulous haha.  How much is a membership per month?  Sorry if these questions have already been asked elsewhere.   

Hello, you can eat as much as you like! If you follow the Extra Easy plan then you must fill your plate with 1/3 of super free foods which is basically fruit and veg. Then a 1/3 of carbs and a 1/3 of meat/fish. You get to have 1 healthy extra A choice which is cheese or milk usually and 1 healthy extra B choice which is a fibre usually bread/cereals. You can have up to 15 syns a day which are usually higher in fat foods. I use mine for treats each day. I'm not sure how much the online fees are but the class fee is £4.95 each week x 

• Lynsey ShawLynsey Shaw Posts: 517

Thanks for this hun.  I will try and work out where my nearest class is!

I'm sorry I've been rubbish at keeping this thread going! I've got so wrapped up in my Instagram account! If anyone wants to find me on theee my name is slim_world_bride I photograph everything! There are some fab people on there and I've found new recipes and great support! I'll keep this up too of other people want to? Xx

• Speccy4eyesSpeccy4eyes Posts: 2,050

I started sw back in feb 2012 weighing 15 stone 10lbs............ Exactly 9 months later I hit my target of 12 stone but felt I wasn't finished so I moved my target........ Exactly 16 months later I had lost 5stone and was just under my lowest target range............. I managed to maintain my weight for over a year which was fab

Got engaged in that time, bought my dress........ Then christmas struck and I ended up gaining, don't we all at christmas?
    Been difficult to maintain the weigh through the winter, I tend to comfort eat and like many I gain when I don't plan my food. In the last month I have climbed to the top of my target range and beyond........... Currently 11st 6lbs (or I was at weigh in on Saturday) my target range is 10st 11lbs to 11st 3lbs.........so I guess I'm not massively outside it (at my lowest I was 10st 8.5lbs but it was too low for me and I started to look quite ill, if that makes sense)

So back on plan, all meals been pre arranged this week and enjoying my food again without the gluttony.......... Will be happy with any loss at this point. Wedding is in less than 8 months and I am determined to be at my lowest target range on my big day.... I've done it before and I'll do it again.

Good luck to everyone for their weigh ins

• LivelifeloveLivelifelove Posts: 1,024

Wow speccy well done you! You're an inspiration! I'm on honeymoon and trying to be good..!! 

Pinkstars, don't be good just enjoy yourself!!! I certainly will be on our honeymoon!! Xxx

Pinkstars wrote (see)

Wow speccy well done you! You're an inspiration! I'm on honeymoon and trying to be good..!! 

Thanks Pinkstars thats really kind

I've always eaten what I wanted on holidays and birthdays, at christmas and other special occasions..........Like is for living, so have it at Mrs and enjoy every min

• Speccy- amazing!! Keep going you will and can dO it! Have an amazing day x

Mrs McManus 2b wrote (see)

Speccy- amazing!! Keep going you will and can dO it! Have an amazing day x

Thanks Mrs McManus.......... I'm determined.... willpower is definitely half the battle

Here is a picture of my journey

I currently weigh 11lbs more than this pic..........but I was 2lb under my lowest target range at the time........... Funny thing is, despite weighing more, I have lost inches (the wonder of exercise).... weigh is a funny thing....the numbers on the scales aren't everything but I would like to see them go down again

Wow!! Amazing!! I've lost a stone but am still half a stone heavier than my lightest when I was exercising a lot so a little way to go yet. I find it easier now to plan meals and not binge eat when I get home from work which was a big problem of mine. 

Pinkstars wrote (see)

Wow!! Amazing!! I've lost a stone but am still half a stone heavier than my lightest when I was exercising a lot so a little way to go yet. I find it easier now to plan meals and not binge eat when I get home from work which was a big problem of mine. 

My biggest issue has always been eating on the run, grabbing a sandwich or some toast.....  bread is a big issue with me. I changed all my white bread and pasta for wholegrain which has been great (even solved my migraine problem)

I've been doing this for more than 2 years now and I've never been bored of my food choices.... I tend to go off plan during celebrations but my body doesn't thank me, I feel tired and sluggish and get gut ache from hell

Weigh in tomorrow.......... Hoping for a nice round 2lb loss......... Generally when I'm good, I get an average 1.5-2lb loss per week.......... I have had a couple of 3-4s and my very first week I lost a massive 7lbs.... I don't have enough to lose to get the big losses anymore

I'm the same with bread Speccy, I've just given it up! I might eat the healthy extra B choices maybe two times a month but that's it. As I'm not a fan of whole meal I'd just prefer to go without, but when I eat white when I'm off plan I've been known to put loads of weight on in a short amount of time! I'm having a more relaxed weekend as my mum is coming to mine but I'll be good until I get my dress measuring over with tomorrow then I'll enjoy my weekend but not too much! Xx 

Bread is my least eaten food! I prefer salads for lunch now or pasta. 

I've become obsessed with SW tomato soup!! Or chick pea Dahl loaf!! Xxx

I'm having a bread detox this week so no bread at all........... Its kind of liberating

I only have bread once or twice a week usually, as part of a cooked breakfast but haven't had any this week.... If I don't buy it I can't eat it......... My kids won't eat wholemeal, they will only eat white so even though there is bread in the house I won't touch it

I quickly learnt that kids like treats, so instead of banning them from the house entirely, I only buy what the kids like and I don't....so I'm not tempted

Love alpen light bars (don't do yoghurt or porridge so these tend to be my HEB)

My fave SW recipe is Diet coke chicken......... We have it a few times a month, Its actually tonight's dinnerimage

Yeah we love it too Speccy! Tonight we are having fanta zero chicken! Xx

Poppins wrote (see)

Yeah we love it too Speccy! Tonight we are having fanta zero chicken! Xx

now thats one I haven't tried yet, keep saying I will be H2B isn't keen

I've done the mac and cheese too which was pretty yum

Oh and the SW kebab

and the SW KFC style chicken (that one is super yummy)