Calling all Slimming World Brides!!!

• PoppinsPoppins Posts: 3,146

It tastes just like a sharwoods jar of sweet & sour!! still to try the Big Mac in a bowl and KFC chicken but I've ordered the new Fakeaways book, I'll post pics of recipes up once I've got it xx 

• KatladyKatlady Posts: 6

I've been worried about looking good in a swimsuit on my honeymoon, but have taken the pressure off a bit with this cute tummy control swimsuit:  cute swimwear

Anyone else got any ideas of how to look slim on the beach?

• LivelifeloveLivelifelove Posts: 1,024 New bride

i adapt a lot of the recipes so they are vegetarian (I'm veggie but don't eat cheese either). It took me a while to get my head around eating pastA! I love my tefal acti fry for chips 

• Lynsey ShawLynsey Shaw Posts: 517

I signed up today image  Super excited about getting my first shop in and starting on Monday!

Oh good work Lynsey! Tonight we're having pulled pork with actifry chips! Having my mum and OH's parents, sister and her partner over for tea but trying to keep it as much Slimming World friendly as poss!! There might be a cheeky pudding for afters tho image Xxx

Mmmmmm!  That all sounds delightful.  I am not the most creative cook in the world but I will give it a bash.  I am guessing as your chips are done in the acti fry, they are 'free'?

We actually use oil and syn them but you can just spray fry light on them and theyd be free xx

Awesome.  Does a health fryer really help when doing Slimming World - I am thinking of investing?

• Speccy4eyesSpeccy4eyes Posts: 2,050

Well I had my weigh in 

Lost a lb........... Wanted more but its a loss and not a gain so I'll take that

Off on holiday next week so Hoping to be back in target for it...... so need a 2lb loss this week to meet my own personal challenge

my H2B lost 4.5lbs........... Its the first week he's taken it seriously and made serious changes to his diet and the loss has proven that, he's well chuffed

I just started today.  I am already feeling lovely and full and I have had 7 different fruits and veggies.  

A small question about syns - the easy start says 5-15 a day.  Do you *need* to have syns?  Are they a source of energy?  I've not had any so far - no doubt I will with dinner but I thought I would ask.

P.S. Well done Speccy.  1lb is better than nothing image

I have my full 15 everyday! Your body needs some fat too remember. I look at it as when I get to a Plato I'll drop my syns a little but at the moment on still loosing. I very much doubt I'll have a loss tonight as I've been so naughty over the weekend! i had my last dress measuring on saturday and I've lost another 2 inches off all my body measurements in 10 weeks, it was like my last blow out this weekend! Xxx

Congratulations on your good work and thanks for the advice on the syns.  x

Well, I must admit that I am not adjusting very well.  Day 2 and I am starving all the time and full of wind.  I am either doing something very wrong or I am going through sugar/refined carb withdrawal.  Yesterday, I was still hungry despite having a balanced breakfast, a jacket potato and beans with salad for lunch, and beef and mushroom sauce with sprouts, brocolli and syn free roast potatoes for dinner.  

Today, I think I was the maker of my own misfortune.  I was in London for a meeting and surrounded by food options.  I steered clear of fast food joints and had a Pret tuna nicoise salad (without dressing) for lunch and on the way home, a prawn and salmon salad from Marks with a carton of melon and grapes.  No carbs at all today.  Despite this, I have stayed off the junk, which believe me was a major temptation.  I was stuck in Paddington station for 40 minutes within spitting distance of Burger King.  Those chips did smell damn good.

It is now nearly bedtime, my stomach is protesting and I have no energy to cook anything.  Did any of you go through this at the start?

My very first day yes but then realised you can eat a lot! Dont be afraid to eat more! I'm sure it's hard when you're out and about like you were today. This is when planning ahead really helps. Take snacks in your bag just incase, 2.5 syns for the chocolate alpenhorn light cereal bar, lovely and filling! 

tonights tea was diet coke chicken with actifry chips! One of my fave! Xx

I think my problem is that I am a crisp junkie.  Any low syn crisp recommendations?

Walkers pops are 4 syns, snack a jack curls are 3.5 syns, wot sits are 4.5 I think. I buy sainsburys savoury popcorn which is only 2.5 syns a bag! X

I LOVE salted popcorn.  I will look out for it.  Thanks Poppins x

In the multipack you get 2 x cheese and chive, 2x paprika and 2 x salt and vinegar. Think they are £1.50 ish a pack xx

Thanks very much Poppins! I will follow that tip up.  Last night I had a big bowl of pasta with some light seasoning just to fill myself up.  Today is very different.  No growly tummy nor wind and I have had less to eat than the last two days.  My body has weird reactions haha

Ok, so I am officially a convert.  I have stopped feeling the hunger pangs at weird times and no more tummy aches from wind.  The one thing that has really converted me is syn-free chips!  Had them for my lunch and they are absolutely delicious.  Hopefully I will have lost something before my first weigh-in.  

• Mind if I join? I'm enjoying reading your stories!

I joined SW in Jan and have lost 1st 3lbs. My wedding is in 6 weeks and I ideally want to loose another 11lbs to take my total weight loss to 2 stones. I've been generally loosing 1-2lbs each week.

This weekend is my hen do though, so there's no telling how much I'll put on!?

Hi Verona!  The more the merrier as they say.  It is so great to hear that you have had so much success with the plan.  I am an online user, as I can't commit to going to a class.  I am doing my first weigh in tomorrow and I am excited/nervous.  

Ooooh yes the more the merrier!! Enjoy your hen party then just get back on plan as soon as you can! Good luck for weigh in tomorrow Lynsey xx

Ok so I weighed and my scales have recorded a massive loss.  One that is not representative.  I think when I did my first weigh-in last week I was full.  I also had fairly severe constipation AND water weight.  I was a bit of a sorry mess last week LOL.  It has recorded a loss of 7lb.  Considering I was only 12st 1lb to start, I don't think that is representative.  

I lost 6lb in my first week! You do usually loose a big amount in the first week!! Well done you!! Xx

Oh really?  Well I suppose I should feel happier lol

Slightly burnt but syn free pancakes with strawberries and 1 syn for the chic shot drizzled on top!  

OMG.  Delicious.  I made the lemon and garlic chicken casserole for dinner.  Yummmm.

Steak and chips for our tea tonight!! Xx

• LivelifeloveLivelifelove Posts: 1,024 New bride

I'm back on it after gaining 4 pounds on our honeymoon. 

Lynsey - the best thing I find is to eat my syns as this reduces hunger pangs and gives a treat for staying on track all day. I have french fries crisps 4 syns for the multi pack size.