Calling all Slimming World Brides!!!

• Lynsey ShawLynsey Shaw Posts: 517

I learned that lesson very quickly.  I have had a packet of Quavers and a Special K cereal bar.  Really enjoyed them image

• PoppinsPoppins Posts: 3,146

4 pounds?? That's fab Pinkstars!!! Xxx

• MissKazMissKaz Posts: 51

Hello again! Was on the old slimming world thread for a bit last year and did really well,  managed to lose two stone last summer, and then somehow managed to put it all back on again! God knows how! Anyway, back to square one and I've been on it for a few weeks now, lost 9 lb so far and really hoping to get into double figures next weighin! I am doing it myself at home and weighing on a Monday evening, so wish me luck tomorrow! I am finding all your successes really inspiring so fingers crossed it helps!

Oooh welcome! I weigh in on a Monday evening too! Xx 

I must admit.  I have found the transition much easier than I thought.  I am viewing this as more of a lifestyle change rather than a diet.  The delicious recipes and the syn amounts are great.  I am less bloated (not as much milk and bread) and I am enjoying the effects on my skin and sleep.  

How did you get on Poppins?  I lost 2lb this week - it's coming off a little slower than I'd like given that I have about 5 stone I'd like to lose!  But at least it IS coming off! 

• Miss Kaz,

To loose more you need to full up in you SS and then you should hit the bigger weight lose. I  also try to excise 1-2 times a week but I think I need to increase as more weight comes off.

With me too I always get bigger weight loses when I use all my syns. I too would like to lose a total of 5 stone with at least 4 before my wedding in September.

This week I lost 4.5lbs getting my 2 stone award as well as slimmer of the week image

• Making this tonight, my cousins girlfriend who doing slimming world put it online so Im going to give it a go.

Wow, congratulations, 4.5 lb is amazing! 

My wedding's in September too, I'd be ecstatic if I could get rid of 4 stone by then!  I think that might be my problem, I'm not actually eating enough perhaps.  I try to avoid having too many syns, and I do worry about putting my body in 'starvation mode'

But it just feels wrong to have bad things when you're trying to be so good, hehe! 

I have the opposite problem.  I wasted my Syns on a store-bought chinese sauce.  Now I only have 1 and a half syns left and I am desperate for something sweet.  

• Well I'm half way to my goal already and I started the last week in Jan so I think it's only been 12 weeks. I aim to have my next stone (11lb) by June then another stone by end July. I want to get measured end of July and once I've had that dress fitting try to not lose any more the half a stone.

However I have a my friends Hen night this month and her wedding next month so might not be reaching the goals like I hope to.

But yeah I make sure I ate my syns every day maybe try that and your lose a little more.

• Buy mango and strawberry fruit tea, 2 sweetners in it and that pretty sweet. Or eClairs are like 1.5 syns.

Stop buying the shop brought sauce you can make a free one really easy with; soya sauce 2tbsp, wostershire sauce 2tbsp and chinese 5 spice 1tsp.

• LivelifeloveLivelifelove Posts: 1,024 New bride

Misskaz - well done, you've done so fab! 

Im back on it this weekend but have eaten cake and sweets today. Not good. 

I stayed the same which I'm chuffed about as I demolished a three course meal on Saturday night as well as a Mr Whippy ice cream at the park on Friday!! Well done on everyone's loss so far this week! I've just had fanta zero chicken with noodles for tea, lush! Xx 

Clare Lucy-Ann wrote (see)

Buy mango and strawberry fruit tea, 2 sweetners in it and that pretty sweet. Or eClairs are like 1.5 syns.

Stop buying the shop brought sauce you can make a free one really easy with; soya sauce 2tbsp, wostershire sauce 2tbsp and chinese 5 spice 1tsp.

Thanks for the tips.  I will try the sauce next week.  

On the subject of sweetener, I must say that I really don't like it. I bought the ASDA Stevia tablets and that is way too sweet.  I used to have a tip of a teaspoon's worth of sugar in tea or coffee and that was more than enough.  Are there other brands of sweetener that aren't so sweet - as crazy as that sounds.  

• I prefer the powder to the tablets and its better for when you make slimming world cakes or other puddings image

• Wow you're all losing so much!

I somehow managed to maintain this week, which I'm amazed about considering how much I ate and drank on my hen weekend!! Totally worth it though.

I had my dress fitting yesterday- it fits perfectly!! I was so relieved, I really didn't think it would fit. So now I'm thinking losing another 11lbs might be too much, although I would still like to get my stomach and arms a bit smaller!! Better get to the gym! 

I don't know how much I will lose this week.  My friend who does SW said to me that I am not to be disappointed if it is not as much as I would like.  Apparently you need more weight about you to have big gains.  I dropped to 11 st 8lb in my first week.  One pound off my target weight.  If I could do that, I would be very pleased.

I have no idea to go about maintenance though?

Well I lost 1 and a half pounds. I've hit my target weight!  I'm going to check my measurements to make sure I'm not losing too much. I love slimming world! 

• Speccy4eyesSpeccy4eyes Posts: 2,050

I'm back off my holidays and brought a 3lb gain back with me image

So thats me back on the wagon. I'm now 4.5lbs over my highest target range and a full 7.5lbs from getting back to my Magic Target number of 11st exactly.

I'm not grumbling, it was a holiday and I always throw caution to the wind when I'm away, life is for living and all that

So Day one and back to it............ I do SW from home and I'll be weighing in again nxt saturday

Well done Lynsey! 3lbs isn't too bad Speccy! You've been on hol and enjoyed yourself! Well this week didn't a start off great, I was picking left, right and centre! I do find it hard when the girls are off from school, but had two days now 100% on plan and I feel so much better and now I'm on hol from work so hoping for a good week this coming week! X

I have probably just blown it.  I went to my MIL-to-be for Easter weekend and I can hardly dictate what she cooks for us.  Chinese takeaways and gut buster Easter dinner, including lots of chocolate.  Never mind.  Back on it tomorrow image

That's the best way to look at it, draw a line under it and just get back on it. I had a shocker at the start if the week but actually reigned it back in over Easter weekend and have been a saint! So hopefully I've pulled any gain back in but if not hey ho if not I'll take it on the chin and carry on now I'm in the right frame of mind! Th. Way I look at it sometimes is how big would I be now if I hadn't of started SW x 

Yeah.  I will be back on top form tomorrow.  Off to Kew tomorrow for research - no fun eateries near there.  

Well I lost half a pound! At least it was a loss thankfully! Having a chocolate egg and spoon now tho as my post weigh in Easter treat image Xx

Well done you!  Are you close to your target or have you not set one?

Another 1 stone and 2lbs to go for me! I should be there well before the wedding!! Xx

• Speccy4eyesSpeccy4eyes Posts: 2,050

Well done on the losses everyone

I was a saint over easter............ I shared an egg with Paul so had half the egg and a few choccie buttons......... I'm chuffed with that. We planned all the meals out at the beginning of the week and bought a huge amount of frozen meat and filled out freezer........... just done all the veg shopping so we are set for the week. Hoping for a good loss this week......... Would love a giant one to get back in target range but I'll settle for a little one to get me back on track

Just made sticky chicken! Oh my days it was gorgeous! 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 3 tablespoons soy sauce and I used 6 tsp clear honey (it's meant to be 3 tbsp but I thought it was too many syns) mix it altogether and pop your raw chopped up bhs ken in and leave to marinate for at least 30 mins. I fried off mushrooms and onions, then fried off the chicken with the sauce and reduce it right down to a sticky consistency, I popped the veg in right at the end and mixed altogether and served with rice. It was 6 syns for the whole dish so shared between me and Mr Poppins it was only 3 each and totally worth it x 

*chicken not bhs ken!!!!!