Calling all Slimming World Brides!!!

12346»

• Lynsey ShawLynsey Shaw Posts: 517

Well, I'm off the wagon.  Serious injury while cooking a Slimming World recipe would you believe?! Guard fell off my mandoline slicer.  My hand went through it.  15 stitches and talk of skin grafts.

• PoppinsPoppins Posts: 3,146

Oh no!!!! Poor you!!! 

Last night we made the Big Mac in a bowl! It tastes just like big mag but minus the bread!! xxx

• MrsMGtobeMrsMGtobe Posts: 612

I need this thread! H2B and I moved in together 7 months ago and I have never been as heavy as I am now! I know I am not overweight, but I am far from as healthy as I used to be. I think I may bite the bullet and join a class. H2B is a fussy pescetarian and doesn't eat most vegetables so I am not sure how our meals will join up but I cannot continue to be unhealthy. This thread seems like great moral support too! image X

• Speccy4eyesSpeccy4eyes Posts: 2,050

I had a massive loss this week

I lost 4lbs

Now just 0.5lbs from getting back in my target range

I keep saying I'm gonna try that mac in a bowl.... in 2 yrs I've still not tried it

The more the merrier. Well done Speccy, that's fab news!! Bet you're back in target by next week!

I'm not on plan at the mo, struggling with a family bereavement. I know I shouldn't let it but  SW is the last thing on my kind. Hopefully get back on track tomorrow when I go back to work. Hope everyone has a good week!  Xx

Poppins wrote (see)

The more the merrier. Well done Speccy, that's fab news!! Bet you're back in target by next week!

I'm not on plan at the mo, struggling with a family bereavement. I know I shouldn't let it but  SW is the last thing on my kind. Hopefully get back on track tomorrow when I go back to work. Hope everyone has a good week!  Xx

Goes to show the bigger losses can still happen when you least expect it. Had a bread free week and didn't even miss it

• MissKazMissKaz Posts: 51

Down a pound this week - which is great and all, but it's just coming off so slooooooowly!!! Gonna take me forever at this rate, haha! Ah well, least it's a loss I guess

sorry to those of you that are struggling with things at the mo, it's difficult isn't it, when tough stuff happens, eating healthily is the last thing on your mind :/

• Joanna89Joanna89 Posts: 32

Hi everyone! image

I'm not getting married until 2016, but it takes me and while to loose weight so at least I have more time!

Ive always been a curvy girl, unfortunatly at my lowest emotional point i went upto my highest ever weight about 3 years ago. Luckily i have managed to shift 6 stone of that now just by eating less and walking more.

I think me and my fiance have got to the stage where we have got "comfortable" and the weight seems to be creeping up again. We are both tall, so I know i dont look my weight, my eyes look at the scales and tell me so!

I would like to lose another 3 - 4 stone so have started slimming world this week. I'm not actually going to the meetings as I dont get home from work in time - but one of my friends goes and has got me the starter pack.

I was just wondering if anyone has a list of syns - or knows a website that lists a few. And any recipe websites would be fab too!

Sorry for the long essay ladies! image

• MrsAmin2BMrsAmin2B Posts: 139

Hello,

I am a Slimming World Bride. I started great guns in January but over the past 3 weeks I have lost the plot. I really need to focus!

So I have started this week back on track and I have planned until next week. Just the weekend and the lure to have a drink that is the problem really.

Kate

Welcome to the thread! Well done on your weight loss! That's fab! Me and my partner both lost a combined weight of 8 stone just before we met and once we got together we became comfortable and our weigh piled on so I know how you feel. 

Ive been off plan for 3 weeks after the worst 3 weeks in my personal life. Eating wasn't on the agenda and when I did eat it wasn't healthy, but I braved the scales last night at class and it's resulted in a 5.5lb gain. It could have been way worse, poor Mr Poppins has put on 8lbs. But we've both got on it yesterday and I'm even more determined to get this off ASAP! Xxx

I had a loss of 1 and 1/4lbs last week only to gain it back this week with Star week.... God I hate star week, I feel like crap, I eat crap and gain.... It sucks but I'm back on plan despite a killer cold I can't get rid of.

Good luck to everyone for a good week

I ordered the books and have made some slight changes - haven't yet been to a class. Happy to report that I have lost 4lbs in the last week! image Will keep going. At 5foot9, I currently weigh 12 stones and 2 pounds so my BMI is just slightly over the unhealthy mark! Would love to get down to 11 stone but not sure how realistic that is.

MrsMGtobe wrote (see)

I ordered the books and have made some slight changes - haven't yet been to a class. Happy to report that I have lost 4lbs in the last week! image Will keep going. At 5foot9, I currently weigh 12 stones and 2 pounds so my BMI is just slightly over the unhealthy mark! Would love to get down to 11 stone but not sure how realistic that is.

I weighed 15 st 10lbs when I started and got to 10st 8.5 at my lowest (but they was too low for me and I've put a few lbs back on what with christmas birthdays and holidays) My target is 11st so I'm in range when I'm 10st 11- 11st 3lbs (I'm currently 0.5lb over that)

I'm 5ft 7inches so its definitely realistic and possible if you want it enough

• I have posted on the thread for a while but i had a couple weeks off the diet as I had Easter week off and then a friends hen night. But been back on track for 2 weeks now and have lost 4.5lbs in two weeks. I am now 1/2 a pound from achieving my 2 and a half stone award, with slimming world (but 3 stone in total since being engaged). And have lost 2 dress sizes. 

I still want to shift another stone and a half to two stone but here's my results so far.

Speccy4eyes wrote (see)
    MrsMGtobe wrote (see)

I weighed 15 st 10lbs when I started and got to 10st 8.5 at my lowest (but they was too low for me and I've put a few lbs back on what with christmas birthdays and holidays) My target is 11st so I'm in range when I'm 10st 11- 11st 3lbs (I'm currently 0.5lb over that)

I'm 5ft 7inches so its definitely realistic and possible if you want it enough

Hi Speccy - I really appreciate the feedback, thank you. That's an incredible loss, you must be so pleased with yourself. Just made the slimming world indian vegetable curry - was delicious! image Hope all is well with you.

Fanta zero chicken with noodles for our tea tonight! Yum! Xx

• Hi ladies.... I have packed on five pounds in the last six months so back on plan to shift it. Wedding dress still fits but want to get back in my size ten jeans comfortably for summer. Bye bye chocolate!

I lost 4lbs this week which I really needed as a psychological boost after falling off the wagon. Focused on getting 3lbs this week now so I can get my 3 stone off.

MrsAmin2B wrote (see)

I lost 4lbs this week which I really needed as a psychological boost after falling off the wagon. Focused on getting 3lbs this week now so I can get my 3 stone off.

congratulations.... don't you love those Big losses weeks......

Weigh in tomorrow for me.... I'll be happy with a STS at this point as I've had a hideous cold/flu bug and despite eating well, I haven't eaten anywhere near enough

It's horrible when you don't feel well isn't it. You're like me with a Christmas wedding so we still have plenty of time.

MrsAmin2B wrote (see)

It's horrible when you don't feel well isn't it. You're like me with a Christmas wedding so we still have plenty of time.

I've been at target for well over a year now but added a few norty lbs to my frame since christmas..... gone from just under my target range to just over it, so have 7lbs to lose in 6 months, though I'm hoping to do it before my summer hols in august

• Hello ladies

We gave just decided to get married abroad so im on the weigjt loss band wagon...the thought of a bikini terrifies me at the moment! I'm going to try Slimming World so I have 2 years and can hopefully loose the weight gradually! X

12346»