Calling all Slimming World Brides!!!

Hello, 

I thought I'd set up a new thread as there seems to be a few of us now following Slimming world to help us look even more fabulous on our upcoming special days! I started last summer and have so far lost a total of 1st 4lbs would have been more if I hadn't of gone to America for a month I'm sure! Anyway, back on track now after a food filled Christmas too! I get weighed on a Monday night so will update then but thought it'd be good to have a thread for us all to chat! Xxx

• kitten2kitten2 Posts: 2,240

Yay! I get weighed on a Thursday morning and tomorrow will be my first full week of it so I'll let you know how I get on. Historically I don't lose weight in the first couple of weeks so I tend to get disheartened so hopefully a thread will keep me going!

• PoppinsPoppins Posts: 3,146

Well I'll be here for you! I'm really hoping for a good loss this week to give me a boost. Two days on the plan and I'm glad to be back on it! Tonight for tea we are having Beef and bean hotpot! It's lush if anyone fancies the recipe?! Also been doing the new Davina DVD which is great as it's only 15 minute workouts! Xx

• Hey Ladies,

I know how you feel, I went back to S.W this week after Christmas so back on the diet before attempting to try dresses on later in the year! Still to much chocolate in the house for my liking! Sure I'll be back to it in no time image nice to know there are others in the same boat! xx

Beef and bean hotpot sounds fab poppins. I'd love the recipe!

Hey MrsB2be! Welcome. I think just about all the choc is gone from my house but not the cheese (my downfall) -nightmare!!

Good luck at weigh in today Kitten!!! All choc has gone from our house thank god!! Welcome  MrsB2B xx

• allison 2allison 2 Posts: 150

I am a MOB my daughter getting married 3rd May I have been going to s.w for a year and have lost 3 stone put on 3lb over Christmas but know I will soon be back on track I have got a lovely John Charles dress and jacket for the wedding and have gone down 2 dress sizes and may have to have it taken my best tip would be plan your day well I try and keep meals sin free and enjoy my sins for treats good luck I have enjoyed my slimming world journey and it works xx

Yeah I plan for the whole week so when I order the shopping I dont stray! The weeks when I've gone wrong are the ones where I've not planned my meals xx

Wow 3 stone! Well done allison 2!

Well I lost 3 lbs this week but to be honest it'll be water and just not eating constantly, as I was over Christmas! But it's going in the right direction so that's good image

• Kitten that's great!image  Listen to you...doing yourself down by saying its water, not eating like mad. 3lbs is definitely the right direction! image

Woohoo well done! That's a fab start! When I get home I'll post the recipe for beef and bean hotpot! Tonight it's chicken and veg stir fry with noodles xxx

• I am a consultant but also a very exicted bride to be in March.  You all obviously know the plan works, so stick at it!  I am back on plan after the Xmas feast, and lost 3.5lbs this week so was very pleased!  Last fitting in two weeks time so hope to lose a few more lbs before then.  Keep up the good work, I will be watching this thread carefully...... xx

• Thanks for the welcome ladies image

Just getting into my first week back, it hasn't been great but it's better than nothing!image it can only get better. How is everyone else getting on this week? xx

Beef and bean hotpot! My favourite slimming world recipe by far! Xxx

• LivelifeloveLivelifelove Posts: 1,024 New bride

Hi girls,

This will be my new favourite thread! I started last week. A friend has been doing it for years and got down to her target weight after having each of her two children so I went to get group last week as honestly, I probably wouldn't have gone to a group and just tried to do it from home.

Today I had two hifi bars for breakfast with fruit, a roast with quorn fillets (1 syn for the gravy) and a mini creme brulee magnum (9 syns).

I've made butternut squash and chilli soup for dinner and for my lunch tomorrow.

My meeting is on Wednesday so fingers crossed I'll have lost weight. I struggle in the first few weeks after any diet change though and the weight is very stubborn. I'm hoping this diet is for me!

What's everyone eaten today?

Yesterday I did the mushroom and spinach canneloni from the magazine and for dinner I did veggie sausage casserole in the slow cooker.

That all sounds fab pinkstars!! For brunch we had frittatas! Never made them before and they were lush! Cubed boiled pots, onions, bacon and garlic fried then whisked up some eggs, poured on top, cooked on job for 8 mins then grilled the top for 5!! Syn free as well! We'll roast pork Sunday dinner later like we always do on a Sunday! Weigh in tomorrow for me, hoping its a good loss, I'd like to say I'm fully back on track but did have a few hiccups, found it hard getting back into the swing of things after having 3 weeks overindulging at Christmas! Found quite a few people on twitter who share good tips and recipes this week too if anyone's on that I'll give you my username etc xx

• Hi guys i am a slimming world bride too zimage i started news years eve, lost 5lbs first week and now awaiting the dreaded weigh in on tuesday.... I have a stone to loose in 8 weeks eeek

Welcome to the thread! Fingers crossed we all have a good week! Xx

oooo yes twitter would be fab - my personal account is mmmbopvicky. you don't want my work one, you'll fall asleep reading what I retweet! LOL! x

Fab I'll find you! Mines EmmyEmmyEm xx 

Thanks for the recipe Poppins! I had a bad day today as it was H2B's birthday but it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Back on it tomorrow, I'm always better in the week anyway, I find the routine of work helps!

Definitely helps! I had a week off once and thought it'd be great, I'd be able to make everything from scratch do long dog walks etc well it turned out to be a blooming nightmare!!! I struggled so much! I have quite a few cook books do let me know if thefes anything you fancy and I'll see if I have a recipe other then that I use the website quite a bit xxx

Have you got a slow cooker? I used it this week - amazing! 

Poppins - following you image 

• Hi Ladies, mind if I join you?

I had my first weigh in last night, 4lbs off! yay!!! 

Heres to a slimmer me for the wedding! eek!

Sorry I've been away from the forum ladies! How we all doing? Welcome to the thread Bryney girl. I had my weigh in on Monday and lost 1.5lb which to be honest I was a little disappointed with but hey oh at least it was a loss and I won't let it get to me! Just enjoyed chicken stir fry for tea image anyone got any food inspiration ideas?? Xx 

• Well done on your loss! I'm after new ideas too, want to try some curries and things to give a bit more variety 

We had the chicken tikka massala off the website it was gorgeous but it was too got for us, I'd definitely have it again but ease off the spices for us! Xx

missed this thread this week - how's everyone getting on? 

i lost 1.5 this week which I was ok about - I have 11 to lose and 9 weeks! 

I've had a funny week to be honest, I've either not been satisfied with food so I've ended up picking at stuff or yesterday totally lost my appetite All day but then had a monster tea of steak, chips and veg! Xx

Just found these xxx

For anyone who likes mugshots this has been really helpful! weigh in later on for me, fingers crossed!! Xx