Today is knuckle down day!!

Today is obv August 1, I get married Feb 6 so I have 6 months to do it, it is achievable as I lost 4 stone in about 4 months a few years ago & I know it can be done again, this time I will be exercising too so that will be a huge help.

Rejoining Weight Watchers tomorrow morning, done it online not been to the meeting yet, Might not make it every week due to work/home life but I will be sticking to it.

Not exactly in the right frame of mind as suffering from really bad pain (suspected endometriosis) and energy levels are pretty low but I have to do it, I want to look/feel good on our big day.

I ordered my dress 1 size smaller, so right now it gets on but doesn't fully zip up, my aim is that it will need it taken in (hopefully) 

Eek fingers crossed!!

• tinkymootinkymoo Posts: 419

Im on the knuckle down to lol.. i get married mid jan! Bring on the diet haha xx 

• SheandHimSheandHim Posts: 379

Good for you Jomc image 

Did you lose 4 stone in 4 months on Weight Watchers last time? I want to lose this much in total but I don't want to go on a specific diet as I want to tone hard as well.

• Jomc11Jomc11 Posts: 484

Aaw Tinkymoo I'm not long after you, its pretty scary how its not too far away now.

sheandhim, it was weight watchers yes, it was their propoints system, i was still having crisps & chocolate & going out at the weekends, I loved it as it fitted in with life so easy & didnt feel like a diet, they have a new system out now too so not sure what 1 im going to do when i go back

That's ww rejoined, done it tonight online instead & still get to go to the meetings. Going to write by shopping list out later for getting Sunday. 

Actually feeling quite positive now image 

• Beth90Beth90 Posts: 284

I have 9 months to go and have started back on it this week. I lost 2 stone by sticking to old fashioned healthy eating and exercise, but have been slacking since Christmas and have gained a stone back. Hoping to lose 1.5 stone now before the wedding!! good luck girls image 

Beth90 wrote (see)

I have 9 months to go and have started back on it this week. I lost 2 stone by sticking to old fashioned healthy eating and exercise, but have been slacking since Christmas and have gained a stone back. Hoping to lose 1.5 stone now before the wedding!! good luck girls image 

Good luck to you too image

How did your knuckling down go?

Its been fine on first day lol, got my lsit sorted & today/tomorrow I'm going to plan out all my meals so that I know whats happening & there's no coming home from work having to make any decisions which could then sway me to make quick/unhealthier choices.

Also hoping to go back to Curves on monday as I've not been for 3 weeks now due to pain but might just have to grin & bear it.

How you been doing?

I've lost 3 lbs in the past week but that's down to not eating a lot, i'll put it back on next week.

I have the future parents in law coming round for a "surprise" visit today so I have to go out and buy obligatory cake of which they'll eat the tiniest portion and that will mean that me and h2b will have to finish it off.. sigh.

• Beth90Beth90 Posts: 284

Not necessarily sheandhim, just buy them a little cake from Gregg's or something that's only a single portion and throw whatever they leave away!

Well done on the 3lbs thats great, & you might not put it back on.

Give them the rest to take home with them, wrap it all up & as there going out the door give them it so less chance of forgetting it

• Hi Girls, I am also on WW, and just finishing a months supply of herbalife (didnt wanna waste it, dont recommend as a long term solution).

Started back on WW this week, and H2B is also coming with em for moral support, and agreed to eat same meals in the evening etc (he doesnt need to lose any weight tho).

I have just under 9 months to go, am increasing my exercise, drinking plenty of water and eating 'clean' foods on WW Simple Start and so far so good image.

Keep it up girls image xxxx

I never fancied trying that even tho everyone seemed to be on it, I remember starting the Tony Ferguson plan from boots years ago & I lasted til about 8pm the first night, the headache was awful & I looked it up online & folk were saying as long as you get through the first 2 weeks the headaches go so thought stuff that lol.

W/w seems to be the only thing that works for me, I love that it's still all about having a life at the same time, how you finding the simple start, any tips? I officially start it Monday but have been good all weekend

• HannahEWHannahEW Posts: 171

I'd recommend trying the 30 Day Shred alongside the diet - does wonders for the toning. 

HannahEW wrote (see)

I'd recommend trying the 30 Day Shred alongside the diet - does wonders for the toning. 

Thanks i do have that DVD, have to do it on mute though, her voice goes through me lol

• With simple start i stick to the foods that are easy and we both like (spag bol, casseroles, chilli, stir frys) but replace all white pasta, noodles, rice, bread etc for wholegrain (they advise u buy WW Breads, but our leader said normal medium sliced brown is fine, and wholegrain pitta/tortillas). Jacket potatoes are a good shout with tuna and sweetcorn or beans (no cheese tho lol)

They say you can have as much as you like - have what you would normally have as a portion (just dont go back for seconds).

Ive also reduced the sugar intake and increased water (cut out caffiene too). Its been 3/4 weeks and I feel so much better in myself, skin is clearer, bowel habits are regular and 'normal' lol, i feel energised too! Must be cutting out processed foods!

Still have coke zero/flavoured sparkling water, and snack on a handful of mixed nuts and dried cranberries/raisins twice a day!

Also try alpro almond milk (unsweetened) to make a fruit smoothie with frozen banana and blueberries/strawberries - its great for breakfast! 

Good luck, try not to think of it as a diet, just a change of lifestyle xx

We had Cajun chicken tonight with some pasta, oh I forgot how much I hate brown pasta lol. 

bought the pitta breads to make for lunches. Oh I'll have to try the smoothie, thanks 

• Really? I cant taste the difference lol! If you like rice, go for wholewheat basmati - tastes better than long grain. Also wholewheat couscous is really tasty if you make it with chicken/beef stock x

Looks like I'm popping into Asda later again lol.

Is there any points in the cous cous?

• Hi everyone!

I'm getting married in 10 weeks (woohoo!) and though I haven't been focused on losing weight, I have lost 6kgs in the past 4 weeks.

I was in 'reboot mode' after coming off the pill because of ridiculous side effects, and through eating things I knew my body needed and giving it a bit of a break from complicated foods, I seem to have lost quite a bit of weight. I blogged about it here: http://gemmaruthwilson.com/2014/08/15/coming-off-the-pill-healing-your-body/ 

Might help some of you on here - listen to your body, you need different things at different times and if you work with it, it'll do you favours in return! 

If I didn't get such horrific cramping I would definitely come off the pill, but it's easier to stay on it currently. Good for you though, I follow a fashion blog and she did various posts about coming off the pill, unfortunately a lot of her hair's fallen out because of it :-\

That's an interesting topic yous have both picked about pill, I've been off one month now due to issues with womb, it's so hard to focus on a wedding with other issues going on 

• I feel your pain Jomc11 - going on and coming off the pill is very stressful for your body. Is your doctor helping you to adjust? 

That sucks, sorry to hear that.

I came off the pill in winter last year to see if I would lose any weight, but no, that didn't happen, instead I had to take two days off work because I couldn't stand up due to cramping and throwing up. The joys of being female! 

I'm in constant fights with doctors, they say suspected endometriosis but can't officially diagnose until i have an operation but they won't put me forward for it, it's just one big roundabout. 

Oh that doesn't sound too good, that's terrible having that effect on you