Struggles with health and fitness for wedding

What are you brides to be struggle in terms of health and fitness?  when wedding is quite far away I struggle to motivate myself to train, is it strange? 

• MrsH12MrsH12 Posts: 532 New bride

I'm not getting married till August 2016 and struggling to motivate myself to lose the weight i want as it's so far away. I think it's normal though

• Im getting married august 2015 and i was struggling to get motivated for ages even though i knew i had to get in gear and do something..

Then one night 2wks ago something just clicked in my head and i realised that i only had 6mths left until i order my dress and really thats no time at all.. i decided there and then i would make a start the next day and i did. I Got up the next morning and did a 30min workout, started weighing out all the correct portion sizes and since i started ive lost 3lb.. not much but its a start!

The day will come where you realise time is running out and you have to do something.. believe me!

• I don't think I can manage lose weight to fit for a wedding dress!I am always thinking about losing weight,unfortunately,I have not lose any weight till now.I will not force myself to lose weight,maybe when the wedding getting close,I will be worried about my weight and start to try to lose some.

• Danielle13 wrote (see)

Im getting married august 2015 and i was struggling to get motivated for ages even though i knew i had to get in gear and do something..

Then one night 2wks ago something just clicked in my head and i realised that i only had 6mths left until i order my dress and really thats no time at all.. i decided there and then i would make a start the next day and i did. I Got up the next morning and did a 30min workout, started weighing out all the correct portion sizes and since i started ive lost 3lb.. not much but its a start!

The day will come where you realise time is running out and you have to do something.. believe me!

Goodluck for you! I'm skinny so I'm not struggling to lose weight, instead I struggle to gain some  Anyway, what friends advice me is to hit to gym but being a compulsive buyer that I am, I bought a treadmill instead (choose from http://www.thegoodgears.com/Treadmill/ ); I didnt have regrets tho as I can do exercise anytime of the day.

• Robyn89Robyn89 Posts: 131

Haha problems with gaining weight - I don't have those! I look at a cake and it threatens to make me a stone heavier!!

Ladies, I can honestly say that slow and steady wins the race! When I was about 18/19 I weighed about 13st - maybe closer to 13st 7 at my heaviest. I'm only 5ft 6 and I have quite a narrow frame so it didn't sit well on me. I needed to have a BMI of 25 to be able to join the RAF so I needed to shift some lbs!! I hit the gym (purely doing cardio) and did slim fast and to be fair - i managed to get down to around 11 and a half stone within about 6 months. I maintained roughly that weight up until I joined up and with the wonderful nature of phase 1 training I dropped down to about 10st - cue towards the end of it meeting my wonderful future hubby - lots of dates and bang! I was back to 11st before I knew it! image

When I started police training I had quite a bit more freedom in my schedule so I did insanity every day and regulated my diet, taking the time to educate myself about exercise and nutrition - knowing full well come the weekend I'd relax it and eat whatever I wanted and I managed to get down to 9st 7 which I've stayed at for the past year. Now I'm away from home and will be until 6 weeks before the wedding I'm focussing all of my time on the gym and as I don't have the opportunity for take always on a weekend I'm now down to 9st with maybe 7lb more to lose before I'm perfectly happy.

Try and start now - get yourselves into a routine and whilst the weight loss will be slow, it will definitely be greater over a period of 18 months than it would be if you crash diet in the 3 months before the wedding.

Take progress pics - a pic, weight and measurements every Sunday is my routine and the minute and in the 6 weeks I've been away I have found that comparing the before and after pics really helps to motivate me.

take the time to read up on it a bit - understand for yourself why you should cut certain food - or do certain exercises and at least then , when I understand why I'm doing something it makes it easier to follow than someone just telling me what I should/shouldn't eat. 

When it comes to phys - try a couch to 5k app. Initially cardio is the best way to drop weight - once you've dropped weight and you get to a stage where you want to sculpt then introduce a weights programme that will help build muscle (not like a man - so don't worry) and the more lean muscle you have, the more calories your body burns without actually doing anything at all image 

I'm no fitness or nutrition expert - I've just found that giving my body time is what works for me and I have maintained the losses for 4 years - peoples views will probably differ but listen to everyone and then decide what's best for you and what you can stick with image

• I got engaged 2 years ago and at the time people were saying to me "you've got enough time to lose weight, put it back on and lose it again!", I laughed along with it thinking it was true that I had enough time.  Fast forward 2 years and it's just over 6 weeks until the wedding and I haven't lost anything!  In fact I might have even put on a bit!

A couple of weeks ago there was a death in my H2B's family so we have started to use eating as a bit of distraction.  We both look like we've put on a few pounds so we're going to start running again (I hurt my foot a while back so I had to give up until it healed).  I've downloaded a beginners 5k running programme from Nike which includes routines from their Nike Training app and yoga as well as running.  Here's hoping we can shed something!

• Yeah, I tend to procrastinate with many things. Weight loss being one of them.

• Give a holler if you or another beautiful bride you know would like online counseling/ goal planning/ meal planning for weight loss with a fun, understanding dietitian.  $55 pays for e-ve-ry-thing, not a penny more.

This here is my website www.nutritionwithrachel.com.