'Trying' to get fit for my wedding 2016

I'm getting married May 2016.

In Feb I decided I needed to lose my Christmas weight for good, I was sick of saying "oh I'll start eating healthy on Monday" haha my favorite phrase.
I started eating Paleo, not sure if you ever heard of it? It's basically no processed food, and no dairy, so i eat fresh healthy food every day. Sounds hard but i promise its great! I stick to it about 70% i used to be about 80% but honestly within 3 weeks I'd lost 8lb and I'd done no exercise. I thought it would be tough as it involved no bread, no pasta, no rice, no cheese!! but i really enjoyed it. I still have a pizza at the weekend if i want, and dark chocolate as a treat instead, so I occasionally have the odd bad food even dairy but not everyday like I used to be. i have almond milk instead of milk and sweet potatoes instead of normal spuds etc. I've gone back to my "natural" weight now i think, I'm 10stone and 5ft 7. still a little wobbly around the belly and arms. need toning up.

i wanted to lose some weight first before i began exercising as in the past i don't notice the difference as you put muscle weight on. i put weight on around my hips and my belly, the worst place to try and lose it! thanks body! image i loved carbs!
but my clothes are a bit baggier and ive started exercising 4 times a week. I use the Charlotte Crosby DVD twice a week (it's honestly amazing) and I do my own exercise the other 2 days a week, running, squats, sit ups, press-ups etc. I cant afford the gym and this is convenient as its in my own home. I like to exercise alone too. I am feeling the difference now and feel good. My goal is to keep it up until this time next year, it sounds so far away, but I dont want to look back on my wedding day and wish i didnt have that belly!! 

Motivation needed please, anyone in the same situation as me, or been in the same situation? I just want to look my best for the wedding day and the honeymoon for my h2b image 

i'd love to hear from you if you have anything to say image and hopefully we could help support each other in the run up to our big days

Lisa x

• sooz84sooz84 Posts: 378

I've been using Healthy Selfie and My Fitness Pal. I've limited myself to 1300 calories a day and try and walk to work (2miles) whenever the weather allows.

I'm a size 16/18 so want to lose about 3 stone eventually, although I have left it too late to shift this for the wedding now!

I also had hypnosis, I've tried for a long time to stick to a healthy eating plan and have really struggled. But it has worked for me. It's changed my relationship with food a lot! I mean the amount of bread I used to 'need' before was ridiculous, now I barely touch it image.

Sounds like you're doing a great job, try downloading Healthy Selfie, there are a lot of fitness fanatics on there, so it's good to get tips and pointers on food and exercise. Good luck though! image

• MedeaMedea Posts: 5

Hi Ladies,

I'm not sure if this will be of any interest to you but TwoFour productions are making a brand new TV series whereby we are looking for people who want to make a pledge to the nation and change something about their lives in 2016.

We would love to hear from brides who are hoping to perhaps lose some weight to fit into their dream wedding dress or alternatively anyone that has an aspiration that they hope to achieve within a year.

If it's something that you would love to share in order to inspire others then we would love to follow your story.

Please feel free to get in contact with me for any more details- [email protected]

0207 4278 431

• Hi! Few months ago I have been doing RAW diet and it helped me to loose 7 kilos!

• Hi Lisa

I'm getting married in September 2016 and my weight loss will be starting as soon as I get back from Spain in a week and a half! I plan on not pigging out over Christmas too. we'll see how that works out....

i find if you've got someone to talk to and who is doing the same it makes it a lot easier. My mum is keen to get fit and healthy for the wedding and I'm sure my bridesmaids will too. 

ive always found Slimming World the best "diet" as it's not a fad. It just helps you to eat more of the right things, less of the wrong but not banning anything, (I can still have that odd Mars bar without feeling guilty!) I find the group sessions great to because you can swap tips, recipes and supermarket finds. I'll be rejoining when I get back. 

Good Luck 

emily

• hi,,,Healthy Selfie and My Fitness Pal sounds interesting...

maybe i'll doi it..

thank you