Cambridge Weight plan - loosing weight for wedding 2018

Hi girls 

Im getting married next June 2018 and want to look my best so thought i'd be realistic and start now so that I can loose what I need to and then tone up. I started the diet 16 days ago, I weighed 11st12 when I started which is the biggest i've ever been considering I am only 5ft5 .. anyway, now 16 days in and 11 pounds down I am feeling good, want to get to about 9st7-10st. Currently squeezing into a size 12. Have booked my first wedding dress trial for June so hoping by then I will be at least another 10 pounds down if on average I loose minimum 2 pounds a week for the next 5 weeks.

Anyway, I just wanted to see if anyone else was doing it and how they are getting on? Easter was tough but I pushed through and felt good until my H2B was sitting there scoffing eggs on Sunday night ergh! but i resisted :)

Is anyone else doing it for their wedding and how they getting on? I've also got a friends hen in July and don't want to feel like a beached whale so thought a good goal to start with! 

Look forward to hearing from other brides to be :)

xx

• Kelly241Kelly241 Posts: 392 New bride

Hi,

Congratulations on your weight loss so far :)

I've struggled with losing weight at SW, actually now heavier than when I first joined :(

I've thought about the Cambridge Weight plan, however, not looked into it!  Is it expensive?

Kel :)

• MrsSRow.MrsSRow. Posts: 33

Hi,

Congratulations on your weight loss. You've done amazing! 

I'm on slimming world and have been since I got engaged in Sept 2015. Our wedding is in August so not too long now and very pleased I've nearly reached target :) So far I have lost 6 stone 6.5lbs and only 0.5lb until my target weight. It's been a long, sometimes hard journey but has definitely been worth it. I'm currently working on toning up and losing the wobbly bits haha.

How have you found your weight loss journey so far? 

Xx

• T13456T13456 Posts: 22

Wow MrsSR2Be that is amazing congratulations with your weight loss you must look amazing!!! 
    My journey so far hasn't been too bad as I am in the right frame of mind to do it so haven't craved food too much but obviously fancy something naughty now and again just try and resist! I'm now 15 pounds down and would like to definitely loose at least another stone. I would have done slimming world as you can actually eat nice food can't you but cambridge is pretty good once you move on to the next step of the programme and start incorporating more and more food. Your results are fantastic, congratulations on hitting your goal just shows hard work pays off and you must feel amazing! xx

Hey Kelly241 

Cambridge is tough but worth it, it costs on avergage about £45 a week so it isn't cheap but then when you think about how much you spent on breakfast, snacks and lunch it all evens itself out really..

Would definitely recommend it if you realistically think you can be strict. If you want treats and to feel like you are still enjoying some of the good things in life then slimming world would be better I advise or maybe weight watchers if your struggling on SW? :)

xxx

• Kelly241Kelly241 Posts: 392 New bride

I've got 5 weeks left on my SW countdown (I've bought a few, but just fallen off the SW wagon recently and not recovered) and will review of that countdown what I want to do next, I just want to get back from a 16 into a size 14, may not seem a lot, but for me, that's about a 2 stone weight loss *sigh*

I can do this, and keep yours up :)

• Midd2SturtonMidd2Sturton Posts: 320

I used the Cambridge weight plan for my wedding. I got married last month and lost 4 stone. After relaxing my diet for the last month I'm planning on getting back on it next week with a summer honeymoon in mind as I had originally hoped for an extra stone loss (plus now whatever I've gained back since the wedding).

I spent most of my time on stage 1 with the occasional treat weekends but for the most part I was strict with myself. I found it easier knowing I just couldn't have anything rather than bargaining with myself about what I could or couldn't get away with. I moved up to stage 2 which includes a dinner and that's where I'll be carrying on from this weekend.

Good luck, it definitely works!

• Midd2SturtonMidd2Sturton Posts: 320
    stephanie134 wrote (see post):

Hi girls 

Im getting married next June 2018 and want to look my best so thought i'd be realistic and start now so that I can loose what I need to and then tone up. I started the diet 16 days ago, I weighed 11st12 when I started which is the biggest i've ever been considering I am only 5ft5 .. anyway, now 16 days in and 11 pounds down I am feeling good, want to get to about 9st7-10st. Currently squeezing into a size 12. Have booked my first wedding dress trial for June so hoping by then I will be at least another 10 pounds down if on average I loose minimum 2 pounds a week for the next 5 weeks.

Is anyone else doing it for their wedding and how they getting on? I've also got a friends hen in July and don't want to feel like a beached whale so thought a good goal to start with

How are are you getting on?

Well done girls! I weighed myself this morning and down to 10st 7 so 19 pounds off, really pleased :) obviously this is a long term goal for me so I am not that worried about loosing it all too quickly but am really happy so far. Off on holiday this weekend for 4 days but am going to stick to being good with the occasional G&T ;-)

Keep going both of you, it's crazy (and sad really) how loosing some weight can make you feel so much better! xx