Arm exercises at home

Hello

Can anyone give some arm exercises I can do at home without any of the equipment?

My arms are now very flabby and bingo wings so any help I am grateful for.

• Tricep dips with your arms off a chair like this...

• Emma236Emma236 Posts: 215

Tricep kickbacks are also really good for tackling bingo wings. You can google videos to see how it's done, really easy. Even if you don't have weights at home you can use a tin from kitchen cupboard or big bottle of water/juice etc. 

• MrsJ2017MrsJ2017 Posts: 3,017

I use h2bs weights and do this routine, only more reps:

The tricep kickback and reverse fly are so difficult for me, I have to switch to farty pathetic little pink girls dumbells for those 🙈 Currently lifting 6kg on each arm with the other exercises but think I can go higher now, still have no difference visibly, but I feel stronger and Im not quivering by the end of each set anymore.

• HiImMrsM2bHiImMrsM2b Posts: 160 New bride

Try to use light weights if possible as heavier ones will bulk you up. 

• Katherine66Katherine66 Posts: 1,234

Press ups, plank , also good for other areas!  

HiImMrsM2b wrote (see post):

Thats apparently not true for women, women need to lift super heavy and have the right diet to bulk up because its not natural for us. It just burns more calories.

That was my worry about doing weights but every PT has said its not true. One said weights dont make women bulky, cupcakes do 😂

• HiImMrsM2bHiImMrsM2b Posts: 160 New bride
    MrsJ2017 wrote (see post):

Thats apparently not true for women, women need to lift super heavy and have the right diet to bulk up because its not natural for us. It just burns more calories.

That was my worry about doing weights but every PT has said its not true. One said weights dont make women bulky, cupcakes do 😂

LOL thanks for that! I'll start using heavier weights in the gym because I was scared of ending up bigger than h2b 

LOL thanks for that! I'll start using heavier weights in the gym because I was scared of ending up bigger than h2b 

Thats what I was like, h2b was always telling me I needed to lift heavier or it was pointless and Id tell him I didnt want to end up bigger than him 😂 I was seeinh pics of women who bodybuild and basing it on that 😐

• MrsJ2017 wrote (see post):

The tricep kickback and reverse fly are so difficult for me, I have to switch to farty pathetic little pink girls dumbells for those 🙈 Currently lifting 6kg on each arm with the other exercises but think I can go higher now, still have no difference visibly, but I feel stronger and Im not quivering by the end of each set anymore.

Thank you for this! Done it tonight got 79 dats till the wedding so I'm on it lol xx

• Jenni8Jenni8 Posts: 3,201

Only if you do it for hours each day, every day!

To the OP - press ups. I do a lot of exercise but have really focussed on press ups lately and can now do multiple mans ones. Since focusing on it a can really see and feel how much more toned my arms are, particularly triceps. Just make sure you are using a good technique.... I am particularly referring to making sure you utilise your triceps rather then just chest by not having your arms too wide (shoulder width or narrower) and think about keeping your elbows a close to your body as you can (as opposed to pointing out sideways).

• JuBride2BJuBride2B Posts: 11
    Soon to be Mrs W wrote (see post):

Tricep dips with your arms off a chair like this...

Thnx I will try

Emma236 wrote (see post):

Tricep kickbacks are also really good for tackling bingo wings. You can google videos to see how it's done, really easy. Even if you don't have weights at home you can use a tin from kitchen cupboard or big bottle of water/juice etc. 

Thnx I will try

I haven't got weights but I can try with the water bottles or tins? You think this is perhaps too lightweight? Maybe I can borrow some weights from my elder brother. Hope I can see some difference or less jelly shaky.

Katherine66 wrote (see post):

Press ups, plank , also good for other areas!  

Thnx I will try

Thats what I was like, h2b was always telling me I needed to lift heavier or it was pointless and Id tell him I didnt want to end up bigger than him 😂 I was seeinh pics of women who bodybuild and basing it on that 😐

Maybe I try heavy to get rid of jelly then lighter to keep them slim. My mate told me to slim it is low weight but more repeating? Only way to find out is to do I guess 

Jenni8 wrote (see post):

Only if you do it for hours each day, every day!

To the OP - press ups. I do a lot of exercise but have really focussed on press ups lately and can now do multiple mans ones. Since focusing on it a can really see and feel how much more toned my arms are, particularly triceps. Just make sure you are using a good technique.... I am particularly referring to making sure you utilise your triceps rather then just chest by not having your arms too wide (shoulder width or narrower) and think about keeping your elbows a close to your body as you can (as opposed to pointing out sideways).

Thnx I try this way : )

• Katherine66Katherine66 Posts: 1,234

A few years ago i worked with the army getting young people into the 3 forces as a military preparation instructor.   Its good to hear about people pushing themselves on here fitness wise.   Im climbing a mountain the week before the wedding and there really is nothing like the sermingly impossible to motivate you!  Keep going ladies!:). 

• Pete12Pete12 Posts: 7

Some great advice there, especially the tricep dip using a chair, as it's so convenient.  

Also, if it's any help, take a look at this: https://www.gaiam.com/blogs/discover/arm-exercises-without-weights

It's a good general all over arm workout you can do at home.  Depending on your current fitness level and overall core strength, you might want to rest on your knees whilst doing the planking exercises, though try and get on to your feet as soon as you can.

With anything like this though, take it easy at the beginning and work yourself up to intensity.

I made the mistake 9 months ago of not doing that, and i'm still suffering an injured shoulder to this day.

Best of luck!

• MaxyMaxy Posts: 9

I think the Ballet Beautiful--Book by Mary Helen Bowers and the video is helpful! Last year, I exercise about 21 days and it works!! 

• I'm following Ballet Beautiful now. I found a related video on how to get a thin arm on YouTube by accident: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KlnteHnZaU

Then I feel it's working and I bought the whole workout DVD on Amazon. Now I have backed up the videos to my iPad: http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/ballet-workout-dvd.html for convenient playback. 

This workout is hard for me at first but I see results. The moves are simple, yet incredibly fatiguing. I have been using the Body Blast DVD for about 2 weeks now and I can definitely see improvements in my arms and thighs.