Wedding dress fitt

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me please. I bought my wedding dress which was a take home on the day dress, and lost 3.5 stone. When I went to try my dress on after the first alteration, it looked lovely but would slip down and the seamstress seemed surprised I didn't want to use dress tape to stop this. I had never heard of doing this before so I asked her to take it in, which she said she would but seemed eager not to take it in too much as it would cause a bulge around the side and back of the dress. ( I still have quite a lot of fat there). I went back today for my final fitting, and the dress looks lovely and fits much better, but still sits a bit too low so the dress is too long when I walk. So on this occasion, the seamstress was like if you just use the tape etc etc and it made perfect sense because I don't want the bulge. But has anyone had any experience of this, the internet advice just says you shouldn't need to or that the tape won't be strong enough for the weight of a wedding dress. It's two weeks and 3 days to the big day and I'm so so scared now. Please does anyone have any advice or recommended tape? 

thanks.

• HailsHails Posts: 2,455

I think you should go to another seamstress, I wouldn't want my wedding dress relying on tape.

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,137 New bride

I'd Get a second opinion. I have struggled to find boob tape that's good enough for a night out let alone one good enough to hold a wedding dress up all day. I guess it depends on the dress but I would have thought a good seamstress could get it to work without relying on tape. 

• gill17gill17 Posts: 568 New bride

I'm afraid it sounds like you need another seamstress. I had to change seamstress with less than a week to go, but dress ended up fitting perfectly. Hold out for the correct fit, i can't see tape working on a wedding dress, don't be fobbed off! Good luck! 

• Definitely get a second opinion but I suspect that because you have done so well at losing weight the dress has been taken in to it's maximum before it goes out of shape

• Katherine66Katherine66 Posts: 1,234

I agree, you need a seamstress to alter the dress to fit you properly.   My mum was a seamstress and i have never heard of this tape, hails is right it wont hold the weight of a wedding dress in my opinion.    

The reason its too low is the sideseams need bringing in.   I had this done for my dress, i also took 4 inches off the length at the front so i could walk without fear of tripping, i have very poor eye sight! 

Go find a seamstress or speak to an alterations shop they may be able to help.