Diet denial... hold me accountable!

191011121315»

• Sci-Fi NerdSci-Fi Nerd Posts: 52 New bride
    Thanks ladies, I really appreciate the kind words!

@OmRum - don't beat yourself up. Things happen, life gets in the way and we can only be kind to ourselves. The best fitness 'models' diet and then have 'off' weeks or months. Just see this as your off time. When you're ready to get back on it, do! But be kind along the way. 
  • AliceJAliceJ Posts: 18 New bride
    @OmRum try not to get too frustrated. Treats are so important! You won't be alone in indulging over Easter. Much better to enjoy life, especially when planning a wedding. You probably find that what you put back on will now come off again quite easily. I try to look at the overall and how much I've lost In Total rather than the bumps along the way (that would be very disappointing else!) good luck
  • GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,310 New bride
    Hope you’re feeling better this week @OmRum

I’ve gained 2lbs this week- Which puts me exactly on what my seamstress told me to stick at. I’m struggling to work out what my maintenance calorie amount should be and seem to be losing and gaining the same 2lbs! 

Im trying to cut out booze from now until the wedding in two weeks time, and trying to up my water intake. I’m also trying to cut out things that I know make me bloat like wheat and dairy (although I had a pizza last night 🤷🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️).

I have the 8k run tomorrow, so wish me luck!
    Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.
    Our report: A fun, classic May day in navy and blush
    My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
  • MrsPB2019MrsPB2019 Posts: 631 New bride
    Good luck @GinAndBling!

I went back to SW on Wednesday and after three weeks of post wedding eating and drinking, I gained a whopping 12lbs! 😂 I don’t regret it, although of course now working to lose it. 9lbs puts me back into target range again. Been on plan since Thursday so obviously still early days but also making the most of our new gym at work, used it Tuesday & Thursday and did Parkrun this morning. Also need to get myself out on a practice 10k tomorrow for my run on June 2nd. I’ve never been a fast loser but I’m hoping this all helps.
    Thanks MrsP. 9lbs isn’t too much to lose, I bet loads will drop off in your first week just being back on plan. Sounds like you had an amazing time! 
    Completed my 5 mile run today in 47.03. I wanted to do it in under 48 so I’m really pleased!
  • MrsPB2019MrsPB2019 Posts: 631 New bride
    That’s a great time! Well done!
  • OmRumOmRum Posts: 781 New bride
    Well done, GinAndBling!

AliceJ, unfortunately it doesn't work like that for me. I've been trying to lose weight for years and it just isn't happening. I have an active lifestyle, eat well and exercise, but I only ever maintain my weight or lose very little. So a treat for me means putting on weight that doesn't come off. I'm at my wit's end about how to lose weight - it gets me down so much.

What doesn't help is my scales have broken. The one thing that keeps me eating healthily is the thrill of stepping on them every day and seeing the number go down, so I'm now sick with worry that when I finally get them working again or buy new ones I will have put on even more weight.
  • Hullass1972Hullass1972 Posts: 596 New bride
    OmRum said:
    Well done, GinAndBling!

AliceJ, unfortunately it doesn't work like that for me. I've been trying to lose weight for years and it just isn't happening. I have an active lifestyle, eat well and exercise, but I only ever maintain my weight or lose very little. So a treat for me means putting on weight that doesn't come off. I'm at my wit's end about how to lose weight - it gets me down so much.

What doesn't help is my scales have broken. The one thing that keeps me eating healthily is the thrill of stepping on them every day and seeing the number go down, so I'm now sick with worry that when I finally get them working again or buy new ones I will have put on even more weight.
    Have you been to your GP and asked for bloods to be taken? If you are active and only eat around 1,200 calories a day (you shouldn't go any lower and 1,200 is good for losing around 2lbs a week) then you should definitely be losing. 

Another idea is to change what exercise you do. I changed it up at the gym a few months ago and the difference was massive, although not so much on the scales, but in my body shape. Take your measurements as well as your weight because you can still be changing body wise without your actual weight changing. This is especially true if you are doing weights and toning up. 
    Thanks Hullass.

Yes, I've had my bloods done twice in the last couple of years. I don't eat as low as 1200, but am usually below 2000, generally between 1500 and 1800. Most weight-loss calculators I've used say I need 2500 to maintain my weight for the height I am and the amount of activity I do, so I thought so long as I'm below 2000 I should be gradually losing!

I've done a whole range of different exercises, including being a gym member (cardio and resistance machines), swimming, running, yoga, ballet. My current thing is Zumba. Physically, I feel fit, as I have an active job and walk three miles a day for my commute.

My main motivation for losing weight is because I'm ttc, and being overweight can be a barrier in fertility. My measurements are fine - last time I checked my hip/waist ratio was fine - but as the NHS uses BMI as a measurement, it's their standards I have to adhere to if I want any chance of having fertility treatments.

Sorry if this comes across as a bit ranty, but it's so frustrating doing everything right and never getting results!
    @OmRum not ranty at all. It’s super frustrating. 

I don’t know about you but I’ve found lifting weights to be amazing for fat burning (plus it’s fun). Might be worth adding it in? 

Do you weigh portions at all? I did when I started calorie tracking and was shocked at how much more I was eating than I’d estimated. 

Best of luck with your journey and TTC ❤️
    Lost 2lbs again this week (my yoyo 2lbs). One week to go until my wedding! 
    I’ve weighed in early this week because we’re off to Leicester tomorrow for the wedding on Saturday! 

I’ve unintentionally lost 3lbs this week. I haven’t felt mega stressed (except yesterday when I was a nervous wreck for about 3 hours) but assume it’s all the adrenaline kicking in. My dress is in Leicester and I’m going to try it on tomorrow as I’ve lost 5lbs since my seamstress told me not to lose anymore. Worst comes to the worst, my sister and I watch plenty of RuPauls drag race and we will be padding out my hips a bit!

My total weight loss is 2 stone 11lbs as of right now. I’m going to come back and do some reflections on my journey (god that sounded ridiculous as I typed it) but for now, good luck ladies! You got this  💪🏼 
    OmRum said:
    Thanks Hullass.

Yes, I've had my bloods done twice in the last couple of years. I don't eat as low as 1200, but am usually below 2000, generally between 1500 and 1800. Most weight-loss calculators I've used say I need 2500 to maintain my weight for the height I am and the amount of activity I do, so I thought so long as I'm below 2000 I should be gradually losing!

I've done a whole range of different exercises, including being a gym member (cardio and resistance machines), swimming, running, yoga, ballet. My current thing is Zumba. Physically, I feel fit, as I have an active job and walk three miles a day for my commute.

My main motivation for losing weight is because I'm ttc, and being overweight can be a barrier in fertility. My measurements are fine - last time I checked my hip/waist ratio was fine - but as the NHS uses BMI as a measurement, it's their standards I have to adhere to if I want any chance of having fertility treatments.

Sorry if this comes across as a bit ranty, but it's so frustrating doing everything right and never getting results!
    The fact the NHS still use the archaic BMI chart really angers me. I'm a comfortable size 10/12, can run upwards of half marathon distance and weight train so am very toned upper body wise (unfortunately I have a lot of loose skin too that will never tone because I was obese for so many years :( ). However, because I'm only 5' 1.5" I'm still seen as nearly 3 stone overweight. Absolutely bloody ridiculous because if I lost that amount I'd be positively gaunt!! :#
    I know how you feel! I'm 5'2" so I'm classed as obese! If I wanted to fall into the NHS healthy range I would have to lose literally half my body-weight. Considering I don't look very overweight, I dread to think what I would look like if I lost half my wight. I would genuinely look ill.

Fortunately, my scales are broken at the moment so I can't obsess about it. I've decided to cut down on refined sugar and drink more lemon water, and generally be more mindful of what I eat in regards to ingredients, plastic, etc., rather than counting calories. When I get new scales, I'll see if that has made a difference!

We're moving to our new flat next month which has a nature reserve next door, just in time for summer! My friend has already signed me up for a run next year, so I shall see if I can get back into running. Would love to do another Race For Life.
    OmRum said:
    I know how you feel! I'm 5'2" so I'm classed as obese! If I wanted to fall into the NHS healthy range I would have to lose literally half my body-weight. Considering I don't look very overweight, I dread to think what I would look like if I lost half my wight. I would genuinely look ill.

Fortunately, my scales are broken at the moment so I can't obsess about it. I've decided to cut down on refined sugar and drink more lemon water, and generally be more mindful of what I eat in regards to ingredients, plastic, etc., rather than counting calories. When I get new scales, I'll see if that has made a difference!

We're moving to our new flat next month which has a nature reserve next door, just in time for summer! My friend has already signed me up for a run next year, so I shall see if I can get back into running. Would love to do another Race For Life.
    Couch to 5k is a fantastic app as it gradually builds you up to that distance, there is also a 10k version. Parkrun is also a fantastic way of running as part of a community, and you will never ever be last as there are tail walkers who ensure you are supported all the way round. I love the solitude of running alone but also belong to a running club which is the best thing I ever did!
    Yes, I've done Couch to 5k and found it very good. My only issue with it is that I wish I could play my own music over the voices rather than listening to their stuff! One of my favourite things about running is being able to listen to my music. I know there is a local running club in the park as I've been approached to join it before. It's definitely an option.
    OmRum said:
    Yes, I've done Couch to 5k and found it very good. My only issue with it is that I wish I could play my own music over the voices rather than listening to their stuff! One of my favourite things about running is being able to listen to my music. I know there is a local running club in the park as I've been approached to join it before. It's definitely an option.
    I know what you mean about music, I hate being able to hear my heavy breathing!! :D
    So a small update. My dress still fit, but the clasp at the top came undone a few times when people hugged me or when I bent down. My sister and I managed to squeeze the hook and eye together with tweezers before the first dance so it stayed up all night. 

I’ve also gained a completely justified 2.5lb this week. 

Am completely wiped out this week. I’ve caught a grotty cold and underestimated just how exhausted I would be after the wedding.  I’ve also been eating lots of cake and leftover cheese!
  • Sounds like a well deserved week! When do you go on honeymoon? @GinAndBling
    8 June- one more week to go! 
  • lockamenkalockamenka Posts: 10 New bride
    8 June- one more week to go! 
    Have a great honymoon!
    So I never came back and did a post- oops. 

Reviving this as I have been creeping the weight back on and have gained 10lbs since the wedding in May. 

I need some motivation! I have a weekend away in 6 weeks so would like to lose 1lb a week until then. 

I’ve been very lax at tracking my food so will get back on that. Before the wedding I was doing 3x one hour weights workouts a week and 2x 7-8k runs. 

I’m doing 2x one hour weights workouts still and doing a 10k and a 5k each week still so I know it’s the food.