Diet denial... hold me accountable!

• GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,310 New bride

Weighed in, 2lb loss this week which I'm pleased with given I didn't loose last week. Weight now 13 stone 5.5.

Just over 12lbs lost total since January. 

Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.
    Our report: A fun, classic May day in navy and blush
    My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
  • MrsThimboMrsThimbo Posts: 222

You’re putting me to shame! These bloody last 8lbs!! 😂 4wks today for me!

Well done on your weight loss, you‘re doing fantastic!! x

• britbirdbritbird Posts: 1,486 New bride

Well done!  

Thank you! To be fair I needed to, shouldn't have got so over-excited celebrating after the engagement. Still mortified I put on 2 stone 

MrsT2Be wrote (see post):

You’re putting me to shame! These bloody last 8lbs!! 😂 4wks today for me!

Well done on your weight loss, you‘re doing fantastic!! x

Gahhh so soon, bet you are so excited. But from your previous posts that means you've lost 10lb since March? Well done... you can do it!

I've been recommended fasted cardio- basically do a workout first thing before you eat. Might be worth a shot? 

• MrsPB2019MrsPB2019 Posts: 631 New bride

Well done GinAndBling! I like to go for a run first thing before eating, although I do find I’m a lot more hungry for the rest of the day.

I put on 2.5lbs this week but it was my birthday and I had a great week eating and drinking everything haha. Back to sticking to slimming world and hoping for a decent loss next week.

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,137 New bride

I can't remember whether I ever officially joined this thread but I should have! Lots of inspiring posts, well done girls. Isn't this weather hard?! I mean it's nice because it's easy to have nice light salads for dinners but the sunshine just screams pub gardens and bbqs! My friend came over on Monday and we polished off a bottle of gin whilst sat in the sun, ideal!! 

I've not booked any dress shopping appointments yet - we get married May 29th next year. And I know deep down it's because I just can't face going and feeling like a fat lump in everything. I started following SW earlier in the year and lost about 10lbs almost but then went on holiday and undid all that! I'm back on it now and currently weighing 11st7lbs from starting at 12st4 (well I think I was 12st 8 just after Christmas but didn't really count that). I'm loosely following SW principles with being sensible and watching calories when I'm out and SW doesn't really work! I'm a size 12 although crept in to a few pairs of 14 jeans. I think I look bigger though - I've friends who model at a size 12 and look nothing like them! I'm quite a straight up and down shape so look blocky unfortunately.

I've also ordered the Body by Myleene Klass kit (because let's face it, who doesn't want to look like her!) although shamefully it's still sat in the corner waiting to be opened. I'm just not an exercise lover.

We go out to Italy in June to have a little recce of accommodation etc so I'd really like to have got to a stone or more by then. I'm going to book some dress appointments too so hopefully that keeps me motivated. I'm good all week mostly but weekends and a social life throw me off so much, I feel like I'm one step forward one or two steps back all of the time. Need to be stricter with myself to get where I want to be.

• August19August19 Posts: 285 New bride

I’ve been looking for this post, I lost 6lb my first week back on at slimming world and then 1.5 second week. I’m weghing in tonight and really want 3lbs off so can go below the next stone lol 10.5 lbsost so far x

Thanks MrsP- that's really not too bad with a birthday! 

Ashley you get married 4 days after me :) will be good to motivate each other in the run up. I've got my first dress shopping this weekend and I'm slightly (very) nervous. It's definitely motivated me, though, particularly the thought of my fat backside wobbling around in front of my size 8 sister ha. 

August well done, that's amazing! Let us know how you get on tonight. 

Thank you, I’m really hoping for 3lb as want to get to below the next stone number lol sounds ive everyone is stayin. Motivated. A few girls at my work have joined sw as well so we’ve set up a WhatsApp group to keep each other going x 

I don’t know if this helps but I went dress shopping before I started slimming world last year and then bought my dress last week feeling so much better and the comparison photos are amazing.

Exercise wise, has anyone tried these weighted hula hoops? I’m tempted but the photos I’ve seen of the initial bruising puts me off a bit.

I lost 2lb this week, was really hoping for 3 but gonna try really hard this week as want my stone award

Well done August!

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,137 New bride
    GinAndBling wrote (see post):

Thanks MrsP- that's really not too bad with a birthday! 

Ashley you get married 4 days after me :) will be good to motivate each other in the run up. I've got my first dress shopping this weekend and I'm slightly (very) nervous. It's definitely motivated me, though, particularly the thought of my fat backside wobbling around in front of my size 8 sister ha. 

August well done, that's amazing! Let us know how you get on tonight. 

Ooh we can do this! My Mum keeps saying remember a pound a week is four stone in a year which makes me realise slow and steady at even half a pound a week (and a gain or two here or there for special occasions) I've still got a good amount of time to get to where I want to be. I've got my abroad hen do this August though (MOH a teacher and we wanted somewhere warm so next year was difficult!). I really want to look and feel good in a bikini for the first time ever. 

Good luck for dress shopping!! I'm sure it'll go fabulously.

I've got a bottomless brunch for a friend's birthday tomorrow and I think I'm going to opt out of the prosecco package and have a few gins mixed with some soft drinks. I'm awful for getting carried away though so not holding out heaps of hope! I also really wanted a chocolate croissant from Pret this morning but bought a fruit pot, apple and banana instead.... little victories like that where I override temptation make me feel good!

• Hi 

I really need someone to hold me accountable so I hope you don’t mind if I chirp in!

similar to you GinAndBling I celebrated a little too much and piled on just under 2st ...... to add salt to the wound I was already on the gym/weight loss wagon when Gary proposed ....... I was 8-10lb from my target weight 

I’ve been back at it half heartedly since February this year and have so far lost a grand total of 7lb 

I’m officially my own worst enemy I track calories, i workout, I make all the right choices..........and then I binge 

wedding is 31st August 2019

Hi Gary 👋🏻 it’s so easy to gain isn’t it and so hard to loose!

Went dress shopping this weekend, the size 14s fit me but the 12s were mostly far too tight. I‘ve decided to take my measurements so that I can see if I lose that way too!

Went to the Gym this morning for a class. The guy didn’t turn up but instead of doing my usual faffing I decided to go for a run on the treadmill and go on the stepper. Just under 250 calories burnt.

A week of back to basics and sticking to plan has resulted in a 3lb loss, pleased with that. Now to keep it up, my plan is everyday on plan until I’m going to a wedding the first Saturday of June.

Well done MrsP! X

1.5lb off this week! I've been really strict in the week as I had a Chinese takeaway Saturday night. I can now say I've lost a stone (yay).  

Well done ginandbling! 

The internet has been down in my office for an hour so no one can do any work. One of my colleagues just went and bought ice creams for everyone, torture having to say no thanks.

It's my time of the month and I'm desperately craving something sweet! It's taking all my self control not to go out and buy a family sized bar of dairy milk... 

I hate myself for writing this because I would probably punch someone, but as I am safe behind a computer...

Put some trainers on and go for a walk in the sunshine! Sit in the garden with a fresh fruit salad or failing that google a stone of fat, pat yourself on the back and look at wedding dresses...

YOU HAVE GOT THIS!!

WE HAVE ALL GOT THIS!!

Apart from me who had crisps, prossecco, Chinese and penny sweets this weekend. Oh crap. 

MrsT2Be wrote (see post):

I hate myself for writing this because I would probably punch someone, but as I am safe behind a computer...

Put some trainers on and go for a walk in the sunshine! Sit in the garden with a fresh fruit salad or failing that google a stone of fat, pat yourself on the back and look at wedding dresses...

YOU HAVE GOT THIS!!

WE HAVE ALL GOT THIS!!

Apart from me who had crisps, prossecco, Chinese and penny sweets this weekend. Oh crap. 

Ha! The last part did make me laugh- I had lots of prosecco too... although it was in support of the Royal Wedding so I feel it was my duty to do so. 

And the fat thing... how gross! That's certainly helped me, might stick that picture on my fridge ha! 

Hahaha! I like that, basically was doing my duty for Queen & Country by getting trollied. Cheers!! 🥂

I darent weigh myself this week... going to miss it out and see how I am doing as of next Monday. I was 10st 11lbs when I last checked. Anything under 10st 7lbs & I will be very happy with that. It’s just these last few lbs. I think they are literally superglued to my thighs & ass!! 😂

You’ll be proud of me MrsT.. went for a run this eve instead of sulking with my dairy milk!

Well done for going for a run.

I’ve come down with a stinking cold so trying to avoid pity eating.

Oh that’s so annoying, I feel your pain, I got hit with one last week. Plenty of soup and hot water with lemon xx

Well done!! Some people say the hardest part is putting your trainers on and getting out the door... For me its every single second after that too!! Nothing burns fat/calories like running though so well done you, you should be very proud. It’s not easy but you’re smashing it! ⭐️ 

• Bebe2Bebe2 Posts: 61 New bride

Hi ladies, 

bit late to the party but I really need some support. Wedding is just over 5 months away and I still haven't shifted any weight since Jan! 

I'm 9st7 however hope to get to around 8st5 by the end of October. I'm only 5ft2 and unfortunately carry all of my weight on the front of my belly and lower back. the kind of fat where you look pregnant when you're not :( no bodycons/ mermaid dresses for me. I lost around 3 stone a couple of years ago then gained a stone so really want to get back to looking slim! 

im a classic weekend binge eater and drinker and also work from home in my kitchen which is the worst thing ever!! Please help me keep accountable you ladies are all doing so well xx

Down another 1.5lbs at weigh in tonight. Bought a countdown, basically paid for the next 12 weeks in advance and get a free recipe book. Determined to get to my target by the end of it, got 12lbs left to lose!