Diet denial... hold me accountable!

• MrsThimboMrsThimbo Posts: 222

I know I said I was going to wait... BUT I DIDNT AND I HAVE PUT TWO BLOODY POUNDS ON 😭

• GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,310 New bride

Oh MrsT! That’s such a pain. Do you follow Munro Fitness on instagram? They post some really good stuff, saw this the other day, it might be water retention or salt from the Chinese! 

Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.
    Our report: A fun, classic May day in navy and blush
    My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
    MrsPBtobe wrote (see post):

Down another 1.5lbs at weigh in tonight. Bought a countdown, basically paid for the next 12 weeks in advance and get a free recipe book. Determined to get to my target by the end of it, got 12lbs left to lose!

Well done MrsP! That’s amazing, and definitely achievable- 1lb a week

Bebe2 wrote (see post):

Hi ladies, 

bit late to the party but I really need some support. Wedding is just over 5 months away and I still haven't shifted any weight since Jan! 

I'm 9st7 however hope to get to around 8st5 by the end of October. I'm only 5ft2 and unfortunately carry all of my weight on the front of my belly and lower back. the kind of fat where you look pregnant when you're not :( no bodycons/ mermaid dresses for me. I lost around 3 stone a couple of years ago then gained a stone so really want to get back to looking slim! 

im a classic weekend binge eater and drinker and also work from home in my kitchen which is the worst thing ever!! Please help me keep accountable you ladies are all doing so well xx

Hi Bebe, welcome! I‘m a weekend saboteur too. I’ve been trying to say no to the wine but having slimline gin and tonics instead. Can you use your lunch breaks to go for a walk or something?

Managed to loose just over 2lbs this week. I’m really suprised as I went to the cinema and had a massive bag of malteasers last night, prosecco all day Saturday and Indian on Sunday! I’ve been conscious of upping my exercise when I’m not so good foodwise. 

Weight now 13 stone 1.8. 

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,137 New bride

Well done ladies. It’s my time of the month and I’m struggling so bad with cravings, bloat, wanting to eat everything etc etc.... I was 11st7 last weekend for a fleeting moment which is the smallest Ive been in a good few years but have had wine, bread, loads of rubbish! I’ve still been having a healthy breakfast and lunch of salad and protein but cravings Have definitely got the better of me. We are away for the weekend too and st a BBQ with friends on Saturday which will be calorific. Weekends are so hard! I really would love to be 11st for when we go out to Italy in three weeks but I’m not sure it’s reasonale with whats In the diary. If I can get somewhere near it that would be great though. Just need to keep ploughing on. 

Oh and I’ve also booked a fat freezing session in two weeks for my lower and upper stomach and hips. Apparently it freezes the fat which then gets flushed out over 4-6 weeks with a healthy lifestyle. The before and after pics look quite good but I think more than any quick fix it will be a really good motivator for me to eat well, move and stick to “plan” (which is currently a mix of SW principles with a bit of calorie watching and sensibility).

Gin and Bling you don’t look your weight at all! you carry it amazingly And looked so slim when you were trying on wedding dresses On your thread! Well done on the new loss. That next stone bracket is such a big marker don’t you think! 

Good luck Ashley! Let us know how the fat freezing goes too, I'm intrigued. 

Thank you. I'm very tall, so it distributes more evenly, but I can feel such a difference in myself with the extra weight. My usual comfy weight was around 12 and a half stone. I'd like to drop down to 12 for the wedding, if I can, but once I get below 12.5 my focus will be on toning more than the scales. I'll post some before and after pictures when I feel brave enough! I'll be honest, I didn't take them when I was my heaviest as I was too ashamed... 

• MrsPB2019MrsPB2019 Posts: 631 New bride

Thanks Ginandbling and well done to you too!

I posted a progress photo on facebook the other day that shocked everyone. I don’t want to post it on a public forum  so if you want to see it’s on my public Instagram lol spook_sw. It’s mostly food on there but if you scroll there’s a couple of progress pics.

I think I'm being a muppet but I can't find your insta? 

Oh progress pics are hard aren't they... I haven't taken any before pics this time around as couldn't really face them but did find some from last January when I must have been starting another diet attempt (which obviously worked well!!) and I can see a difference although I don't feel like there are any changes from this year really. My stomach feels a bit flatter and some clothes are a little looser although I'm nowhere near a dress size yet.

I've had a quiet day at work and instead of cracking on with some wedding research I met fiance for lunch and had an almond tart about as big as my head so good progress....!! He can eat what he wants and stay slim, lucky beggar! This fat freezing best work miracles!! 

GinAndBling wrote (see post):

That’s because I’m being an idiot and it’s actually spook87_sw haha sorry.

You look amazing- well done you! You must be so proud. I’m going to follow you for inspiration ☺️☺️

Ashley I have one of those- so disheartening when he can eat a week of takeaway and it does nothing, I look at a Dominos and gain 2lbs 🤦🏽‍♀️ 

You look amazing- well done you! You must be so proud. I’m going to follow you for inspiration ☺️☺️

Thank you. We can all do this, I believe in us :)

Here we go, bit of a progress picture. I wore this jumpsuit to a wedding in February, this is me in it today looking much less tight across the tummy! 

Wow you can definitely see the progress, well done!

Huge difference! well done! Looks great on you too, very pretty!

TWIT TWOOO!! (Wolf whistle, not owl) 

Thats fantastic, great when you can see & feel results. Well done you!

I just watched a documentary on Netflix called the Magic Pill. Basically it was promoting the keto diet and although some of the claims are a bit far fetched (one woman claimed it cured her cancer) it was still interesting and I agree with the premise that everyone eats too many processed foods and too much sugar.

• Bebe2Bebe2 Posts: 61 New bride

@GinAndBling Amazing progress!! Well done you bet it feels so good once you start noticing a difference in your clothes, progress pics are a great idea.

@MrsPBtobe I watched about half of the documentary, I'm a total sucker for these things and started watching lots of 'what I eat in a keto day' videos on youtube haha. It was quite alarming seeing how much fat people were eating just because I'm not used to that! I thought I'd try it for a day but I turn in to a horrible person without carbs, I also don't have the discipline to stick to anything like that! Still not sure if I believe all the claims and apparently it's not great for weight loss as the calories are so high so you have to really watch what you eat. But yes I totally agree that in the end it's always good to cut out the processed crap and sugar 

I've had an up and down week, up that I managed to run my first 10k in just over an hour which I was very proud of...then I went home to an empty house and binge ate to the point where I purged (something I haven't done in many many years) which made me feel really crappy. I haven't been eating great this week and  just feel rubbish. Lots of bread. :(  I am bingeing a bit out of stress that I'm not losing weight (is that a thing??) but I'm determined not to get in to any bad habits.

Instead of sulking I'm going to head to the shops later to get stuff to meal prep with.  I have a wedding to go to mid-July then a hen do in August so I really want to be in good shape for them. 

Is anyone using myfitnesspal? Sorry for  the essay just needed to vent xxx

Thanks everyone.

Well done on the run Bebe! I’ve started running, I’m so slow it’s unbelievable. I get like that, too. If I don’t see instant results I think ahh well it’s not going to work.

I use MFP :) 

I’ve lost 1lb this week. I’m now at 13 stone 0.8. I lost the will a bit this week so it’s a pick me up to see I’ve lost. 

Bebe that 10k time doesnt sound bad. I competed in a 10k race a couple weeks back and wanted to finish in under an hour but I underestimated the hills so time was 1 hour 2 mins which is my current PB.

Well done Ginandbling on the weight loss!

I also lost 1lb at SW last night which I’m pleased with. I’ve now reached my 1 year anniversary with SW, I’m 4 stone 3lbs down and 11lbs from my target!

After weigh in I went to a work quiz night which included free dinner so enjoyed a nice greasy chicken burger and chips lol. I’m doing SP days (basically carb free) today and tomorrow and Monday and Tuesday. I know I’ll be off plan Saturday (and possibly Sunday) as I’m at a wedding and I’m struggling not to go off plan starting today.

Well done! I've been quite overindulgent this weekend so I'm back on it in a big way this week. 

• DandelionBlueDandelionBlue Posts: 1,329 New bride

Girls may I join you?

I'm going to go back through the thread and catch up with all of you.

But I have four months to go and I really want to lose a bit of weight before the big day.

I have been doing slimming world since last summer and lost 1.5stone. However since october, I have been faffing around. Just not concentrated on it. And haven't lost anything. I haven't gained either. I just keep going up and down.

I mainly eat slimming world meals, but then on weekends lose focus. Especially when we are travelling up to Scotland to organise the wedding.

I now have until the end of August to lose weight. That's when I need to get my dress fitted. I am really disappointed with myself that I haven't focused on this. I know I'll regret it when I look at our wedding pictures.

Welcome Dandelion. I also have a word with myself when I’m tempting to stray, do I want this chocolate now or do I want to look my best on my wedding day? You can do this.

So the Wedding is this Thursday & I am pleased to say I am at my lowest weight so far this year... 10st 10lbs! I really wanted to be 10st 7lbs for the wedding but I arent going to loose sleep over 3lbs! My biggest was 14st 7, my lowest 10st 4 & in January I was 11st 11lbs so very happy with my progress.

Thank you for all the support ladies, you are all fabulous! & thank you to GinAndBling for creating this. I love this thread because we all want to loose weight for ourselves, to feel more confident & happier on the day, more comfortable in our own skin. I hope that you all know that you are perfect as you are, whatever shape, whatever size, & our other halves think so too - that’s why they’ve put a ring on it! So continue as you are, but if you have a bad day or scoff some chocolate or don’t go for a run, dont beat yourself up too hard, just crack on with it the next day. Each & every one of us will look amazing on our special days, whatever our dress size, as long as we are wearing a smile!! 

WE’VE GOT THIS!! 💪🏼🥗👭❤️

Oh MrsT that’s amazing news, congratulation!!! Hope you have the most amazing wedding day. Can’t wait to read your report and see your photos xxxx

• Kelly224Kelly224 Posts: 962 New bride

Please may I join you ladies?  I am approaching the 6 month mark -eek!!  Would love to lose 2 stone in that time but ideally most of it by October as I'm going to Barcelona for a long weekend with my 'skinny friends'.  I'm another SW faffer!!  Only managed to lose about 11lbs in total the last time i joined but am going to rejoin on Thursday this week.  At the weekend I took some drastic measures and took some photos of myself in my underwear - not a pleasant sight but it has helped me to stop reaching for the treats!!  Just need to remember the photos are on my phone in case i show other photos to anyone - that would be embarrassing!

Well done MrsT - am going to catch up on the rest of this thread now!

Congrats Mrs T - on the fabulous weight loss and the wedding! You’ve inspired me! It’s so hard to never have slip ups and yoyo but slow and steady really does win the race. I’m sure you’ll look and most importantly, feel, amazing on your wedding day!

I was 11st 6lbs on the weekend but had some family stress and then a weekend with friends so a fair amount of booze was consumed along with some carbs. 11st8lbs now but determined to have a good week and really hopin I can get to 11st 4lbs by next Wednesday when we go to Italy. That will be my one stone loss and it’s such a big mental thing for me! i’m sure I’ll put some weight on out there because carbs are life but I want to make dress appointments when back and really don’t want to feel bloated and horrid when I go.

I had my fat freezing done on Saturday! Weird procedure. I had both hips and my upper stomach done - they basically put these big vacuum cups on you - it’s quite uncomfortable for a couple of minutes as you feel like it’s teying to suck you up a tiny hose 😂 but then after a few minutes the area is totally frozen numb. It’s not painful just a strange feeling. She took my measurements and some gross photos and it carries on flushing out your fat cells over the next two months so i’m Really excited to see if it helps at all. I don’t have much of a waist definition so hoping the upper stomach helps as I never seem to get my waist down. It’s making me be very good with water intake and I’m aiming for 2.5-3l a day now - which I mostly manage at work and then top up with squash at home. I’m noticing an improvement in my skin if not my weight, so that’s something. 

Here’s to a positively skinny week - we got this girls 🍏

Well done Ashley- fingers crossed on those last few lbs. I'm so intrigued by the fat freezing. You'll have to keep us updated with the results. 

I managed my first ever 5.5k run last night. It was also my quickest in terms of pace. Previously 3.4-5 was my furthest. I've had a bit of an "off plan" (read: being a greedy mare and eating everything in sight) weekend so it felt good to do it.