Diet denial... hold me accountable!

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,137 New bride
    MrsPBtobe wrote (see post):

Well done ladies. I put on half a pound and I’m lucky it’s only been that with the way I’ve been eating. Still my will power has not returned and have had a big slice of cake in the office today. Think my mind is half thinking ‘you’re going away soon so why stick to it now.’ 

Ashley were the injections prescribed by your doctor then? Please take care.

Thanks. Yes by a private GP I've seen on and off for a few years about various issues, I don't think it's available on the NHS unless in cases of obesity etc. It's a very low dose and will go alongside healthy eating, I have to say so far I've not even thought about food, usually the minute I've eaten I'm thinking about what I can eat next (good or bad!). It's only a month's prescription to see how I get on, I doubt it's something I will continue but a little boost and break in my binge / repeat cycle would be very welcome, mentally and aesthetically!

• GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,310 New bride

Thanks both. 

You'll have to let us know how you get on Ashley- I can't say I've ever heard of them before!

Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.
    Our report: A fun, classic May day in navy and blush
    My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 

How's everyone doing this week? 

I feel like I've hit a plateau.. we have our engagement photos in 8 weeks and I'd like to lose another 5lbs before then. 

• MrsPB2019MrsPB2019 Posts: 631 New bride

Put on 1lb this week, oops. I fully know why, too much off plan snacking. Not at group next week and have a work party Friday, gig Saturday and then on Sunday we’re off up north to stay with my future in laws. We’re there for just under a week and then once I’m home I need to get 100% back on plan.

I think having the break is good sometimes! Helps restart you.

I'll weigh in tomorrow morning, fingers crossed. 

4.5lbs down since last Friday. The appetite suppression with this jab is working and I'm trying to stick to fruit/yoghurt/nuts for breakfast followed by salads for lunch and again for dinner so it's a combination of the two. Pleased given we were out at the weekend and I spent Sunday drinking rather too much gin and had a delicious bowl of pasta. I'm fine in the week but weekends are so difficult as I hate feeling like a bore and not drinking or wanting to eat out, which is what our social life and weekends largely is based around! The heat definitely helps too, I can't face cooking in this heat so it's so easy to throw a salad together. Feeling much less bloated which is nice. 11st8lbs now. I'd be over the moon if I could get in to the 10 bracket by my hen do which is in three weeks but not being too optimistic.

Amazing Ashley!! Well done you. That's so good. x

So after moaning about a plateau I've put on 0.5lbs this week... typical! Could be anything. I'm back in Leicester this weekend so will try not to think about it and start again Sunday with a proper shop and meal plan, it's all been quite disjointed this week. 

1lb down this week. I've actually increased my calories slightly. 

1 stone 8 lbs total loss.

GinAndBling wrote (see post):

1lb down this week. I've actually increased my calories slightly. 

1 stone 8 lbs total loss.

Well done! That’s bloomin’ amazing. I bet you’re really seeing a difference now? How much more do you think you want to lose? Sometimes eating more gives your metabolism a bit of a kick and starts you losing again. 

I’ve lost a bit more so 11st 4lbs now so a stone from where I started- annoyed I let myself put half back on in the middle but what’s done is done. I’d love to be in the 10- bracket for my hen do but I dont know how likely it is. I have to say this jab is brilliant. I’ve had no side effects just a reduced appetite and a general disinterest in food. So even when I’ve been out for example and haven’t been able to order something healthy I’ve eaten a few mouthfuls and feel done, rather than my usual ”well I’m here and it tastes good so let’s clean the plate” mentality. I’ve been choosing healthier options too to make sure that I’m getting plenty of balance but have been allowing myself a small treat or glass of wine here and there too. It could all be placebo but I genuinely feel rested from not having food consume so much of my thoughts. As soon as I’m trying to be good I’m thinking right what’s for breakfast, what sort of healthy snack shall I have, ok what low fat dressing shall I have on my salad, etc etc.... and it’s lovely to just not think about it, it’s like a tiny portion of my brain has been switched off. I am interested to see what happens when I finish this course. It’s expensive to do continuously and not a way of life but it’s given me the kick I’ve needed for sure. 

Thanks- yes I can definitely feel and see the difference. If i lose just under 4lbs more i'll be back to what i was before we got engaged, which is my current goal. 

I'm a comfy size 12 at the moment, in an ideal world I'd like to get down to a size 10. I've no idea what weight that would be, perhaps another stone after, so 11 and a half stone ish? Because of my height I've always sat around the 12.5 stone mark. 

Well done- that's brilliant. Sounds like a good kick start! How long until the hen now? 

GinAndBling wrote (see post):

Thanks- yes I can definitely feel and see the difference. If i lose just under 4lbs more i'll be back to what i was before we got engaged, which is my current goal. 

I'm a comfy size 12 at the moment, in an ideal world I'd like to get down to a size 10. I've no idea what weight that would be, perhaps another stone after, so 11 and a half stone ish? Because of my height I've always sat around the 12.5 stone mark. 

Well done- that's brilliant. Sounds like a good kick start! How long until the hen now? 

Oh brilliant, 4lbs is nothing really and I bet mentally it’ll really do wonders once you reach it. I’m also a size 12 now and ideally want to be a 10. My friend is tiny - looks about an 8/10 but fits for fashion companies as a size 12 and you’d never think she weighed more or we wore the same dress size. She’s tall like you though! Maybe that’s my issue - I just need to grow!! It’s so fascinating how we all carry weight so differently. I’d like to be able to pick up a 10 in a high st shop and know it would fit and be comfy - I feel an awful long way from there at the moment. But I’m optimistic that maybe by Christmas I might if I can keep up a slow and steady loss. I need to start exercising and toning - I hate my arms at the moment! Hen do in 13 days so the 4lbs is doable if I make good choices. Not exactly the bikini bod I envisioned but I plan on being largely too drunk to care for the most part, and kaftans can take care of the rest!

I'm rubbish at spotting replies to this, I don't get the email alerts! 

Yep, it's odd isn't. I do think that's part of my downfall though.. because of my height any weight I gain tends to spread out and then I don't notice it until it's too late!

How are you going pre-hen? I always wear kaftans on holiday and yes a few cocktails should definitely do the trick!! 

I blame being in love - it just creeps on gradually and because there’s always someone there telling you you look fabulous you don’t realise until none of your clothes do up!! Also h2bs fault for being skinny and able to eat what he wants pretty much, and me then thinking I can do the same! 

I’m doing OK. 11st 2 this morning so I’ve got a vague hope of being in the 10st something category in a week’s time, which I haven’t been in as long as I can remember. I don’t feel like I look any different at the moment though. I’m due on and feeling bloated and awful which doesn’t help. The injection I tried (and finish in the next couple of days) has been a huge help. I will see how I get on on my own and do it again In the run up to Christmas I think. Another stone and a half to where I want to be seems a long way off! 

Yeah I’ve got one of those- the lovely supportive waistline saboteur! 

Fingers crossed, even if you dont quite get into the 10s you’ve done so well!  

I had a great week off last week but it shows with 2.5lbs on. I’ve put on 4lbs in the last four weeks so enough now, need to draw the line and get back to losing.

I went to a new circuits class last night (god I ache today) and convinced myself to go by telling myself how amazing and toned I’ll look on my wedding day so need to also remind myself this when it comes to eating too.

Good luck MrsP. In the grand scheme of things that’s not a big gain! it’s always good to mix up the exercise too, i find I get bored if I don’t. 

Yes- I just keep picturing the dress!

Thanks GinAndBling. First test of the willpower will be at work this afternoon. One of my colleagues birthdays and they have bought in bags and bags of their partners amazing home baked goodies.

Luckily they sent an email out earlier in the week so I’ve come prepared and have some low Syn snacks with me so I can’t give in. Fingers crossed!

Oh office goodies are hard to resist! Good luck. Maybe have your lunch right before so that you’re full. Make a nice big cup of tea & have one of your own snacks at the same time and hopefully you’ll be able to resist temptation. I used to work in a huge office where there was something or the other every day. I tried to go by the rule that if it was my absolute favourite thing, i would allow myself a little piece, but if it was just any old treat I would say no. So often I’d be sat eating fondant fancies or Toblerone just because it was ”oh go on have some”, when I would never actually buy either. 

4lbs is nothing in the scheme of things. Sometimes it’s nice to have a bit of a break, re-focus on your goal and then get back on it. It’ll come off again. I really want to find something I like doing to exercise and tone- I want skinny arms in my dress!

I’ve lost 2 piddly ozs this week. Annoyed because it definitely should be more. Although it is my “star week” (new favourite phrase) and I’d normally gain about 2lbs just before I’m due on, so fingers crossed it drops off next week!

ooh that’s good news that you’ve gained less than usual, I bet next week you see a big loss! “Star week” cracks me up. A woman at the WW group I used to go to used to refer to “Aunt Flo” had been visiting and that’d be why she gained. It took ages for me to realise that Aunt Flo wasn’t in fact an elderly relative forcing cream cakes down her! 🙈

• Kelly224Kelly224 Posts: 962 New bride

ha ha Ashley that's hilarious!  Star week cracks me up as well!

I've lost a measly pound at SW this week which is a bit rubbish as gained 2.5 last week so in total I've only lost 4lbs since being back.  I'm pretty sure I've lost inches though as my size 14 trousers do feel a lot looser.  I've got another PT session on Monday and she's taking my measurements again, think we first did them about 6 weeks ago so will be interested to see if there is any difference.

Unfortunately my Grandma passed away earlier this week so I did indulge myself in a bit of comfort eating which is probably why I only lost a pound!

Ha Ashley that did make me laugh! Although mine metaphorically could well be someone stuffing food in my face. 

Well done Kelly- a loss is a loss. Sorry to hear about your Grandma x

Sorry to hear about your grandma. Go easy on yourself xx

Sorry to hear about your grandma Kelly.

Sorry the scales didn’t go your way GinAndBling. It’s easy to get disheartened but keep on doing what you’re doing and it’ll come off.

I survived the goodies yesterday and just had some of the fruit. Not at work today but going out for Chinese with my work team tonight. 🙄 Hoping just the one meal won’t affect me too much on Wednesday.

Lost 2lbs last night at SW! Pleased even after the yummy Chinese Friday night.

Should lose by default next week (well as long as I follow plan) as I normally weigh at 5:30 and am going to a morning weigh at 9:30 instead.

Only thing in my way is lunch with my friends on Sunday but we’re going to Zizzi’s and there seems to be some good options on the menu if my will power can resist pizza lol.

Well done MrsP! 

Zizzi do a skinny pizza which is quite nice.

Thank you. I did see the skinny pizza but with the dough and cheese it might not be quite SW friendly. I’ve seen they do chicken or salmon skewers which might be better.

Just over 3lbs lost this week! I’m now down to just under 12 stone 7, which is a total loss of 25lbs. 

Got .8lbs and I’ll be back to what I was pre Cuba and our engagement.

• Kelly224Kelly224 Posts: 962 New bride

Well done Gin!!  I lost another measly half a pound last night at SW  wasn't overly impressed but then I went for my PT session and we did measurements again and I've lost 6.5 inches in total in 6 weeks.  3 inches from my waist, 2 inches from my boobs and then randomly an inch from one leg and half an inch from the other leg! So that made me feel better as the areas I definitely want to lose it are from my tummy and my back so i was quite pleased with that amount off in 6 weeks. 

Would really like to see the scales go under 11 stone though!!