Meal Replacement Shakes with Water - which one?

Hi

I have been using the JST Nutrition shakes as a meal replacement and despite them keeping me full when needed I find they can irritate my stomach unfortunately. Which obviously isn’t ideal when I’m at work!! 

Can anyone recommend one that you can use with water, it is still thick so no need to add milk and makes you feel satisfied and not hungry please?

thanks x

• Hi there, I am opposed to shakes as this kind of diet isn't sustainable so I cant help with the shakes Im afraid but how about a nice satisfying packed lunch? it would keep you full, be more satisfying with balanced nutrition and sustainable so you lose the weight and keep it off :):).... It may mean training your mind out of old habits but with a few behavoural changes you could be eating healthy naturally without thinking about dieting. Only when we "stop dieting' can we mantian a consistent healthy weight.

Crash dieting messes with your metabolism as it adjusts to fewer calories, so when you stop the shakes and return to regular eating, the weight just piles back on. This is why consistant weight loss is so difficult to maintain.

You really can lose the weight healthily, happily and permanently .... I can give you a few tips to help you on your way. I would need to know a litttle bit about your current daily diet, weight etc, but messge me and I will happily help....

You 'can' do it  x

[email protected]

• GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,311 New bride
    Kath2703 wrote (see post):

Hi

I have been using the JST Nutrition shakes as a meal replacement and despite them keeping me full when needed I find they can irritate my stomach unfortunately. Which obviously isn’t ideal when I’m at work!! 

Can anyone recommend one that you can use with water, it is still thick so no need to add milk and makes you feel satisfied and not hungry please?

thanks x

I've never tried meal replacement shakes so can't advise on that unfortunately, however for my protein shakes I find unsweetened almond milk gives a much nicer consistency and taste than water on its own. x

Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.
    Our report: A fun, classic May day in navy and blush
    My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
  • Julia82Julia82 Posts: 123

Try a bowl of porridge instead? 

They basically work because you’re not eating which is of course bad for you. Anything with the same number of calories as the shake will have the same effect. 

They are bad for you and you shouldn’t be crash dieting for a wedding is what I want to say but won’t 😊

good luck xx