Need to lose 5 stone - March 2019!

Hi everyone,

Just wondered if anyone out there had a lot of weight to lose for an early 2019 wedding?

I’m on a lot of medication after an accident and I’ve put on 4 stone in just 8 months. I really need to get back to my pre-accident weight for the wedding because I want to be able to look back at my photos and be happy. At the moment I can’t even stand looking in a full length mirror! 

I recently joined slimming world and have my second weigh in tomorrow. I’m doing ok, but it’d be nice to chat to someone in a similar situation xx

• Michelle330Michelle330 Posts: 119

I’ve got about 3 stone to lose, I’m using the my fitness pal app to help, I lost half a stone in 5 weeks but then put it all back on again when I went off track

• I have around 3 stone to lose over all, and I am in no way expecting to do this before my wedding ( October this year!!) I have lost half a stone on Herbal Life

I liked herbal life but it is not sustainable, its also HUGELY expensive for what it is.

Slimming world is fab if you REALLY stick to the plan. Which means logging and writing down every thing, staying within SYNS and planning ahead.

I found cutting out alcohol helped too!

My Fitness Pal app is great! Perhaps we can add each other as friends and log all the food and exercise and motivate each other?

• GinAndBlingGinAndBling Posts: 1,311 New bride

I have a stone and a half more to lose (in an ideal world). I've lost 10lbs so far

I'm also using MyFitnessPail. 

Our planning thread: We're completely winging it.
    Our report: A fun, classic May day in navy and blush
    My weightloss thread: Diet denial! 
  • Michelle330 wrote (see post):

I’ve got about 3 stone to lose, I’m using the my fitness pal app to help, I lost half a stone in 5 weeks but then put it all back on again when I went off track

Oh nooooo, that’s normally my problem too. I can be so good and then end up going off track and back where I started! 😫

When do you get married? xx

• GettingWed27.10 wrote (see post):

I have around 3 stone to lose over all, and I am in no way expecting to do this before my wedding ( October this year!!) I have lost half a stone on Herbal Life

I liked herbal life but it is not sustainable, its also HUGELY expensive for what it is.

Slimming world is fab if you REALLY stick to the plan. Which means logging and writing down every thing, staying within SYNS and planning ahead.

I found cutting out alcohol helped too!

My Fitness Pal app is great! Perhaps we can add each other as friends and log all the food and exercise and motivate each other?

I’ve never tried Herbal Life purely because of how expensive it is!!

I’ve done SW before my accident and been successful with it so I’m hoping that I can suceed this time around and keep it off 🤞🏼

I haven‘t got the fitness app but I have a Fitbit and I’m trying to get my steps up to the recommended 10,000 a day - no where near that today though! 

How are you trying to lose the weight at the mo? Just tracking? xx

• GinAndBling wrote (see post):

I have a stone and a half more to lose (in an ideal world). I've lost 10lbs so far

You’re doing well then being a serious you’re a third of the way there already! How have you done that? When’s the wedding?  xx

EmmaMarie wrote (see post):
    GinAndBling wrote (see post):

You’re doing well then being a serious you’re a third of the way there already! How have you done that? When’s the wedding?  xx

You know what I've never thought of it like that- thank you!

Wedding is May 2019. I started in January but I am a complete yo-yo dieter.

I'm using MFP and calorie counting and doing HIIT style exercise classes, along with weight lifting with a PT. I've also started walking a lot more in the evenings now it is getting lighter. I have a fitbit and like that it tells me the calories burned from walks so it is definitely encouraging me. 

• Emma851Emma851 Posts: 16 New bride

I’m also getting married in March 2019 (16th) and have just joined Slimming World.

I want to lose 2 stone but I am concerned that I’m cutting it fine for January (first dress fitting) so if anyone has any tips or motivation, that would be great! 

• I’m also a Fitbit/myfitnesspal fan...i like the way that the food you add to myfitbesspal syncs with the fitbit and adjusts througout the day if you do a bit more activity you can have a bit extra 😂. I have the fitbit with the heart rate monitor and find it pretty accurate and have managed to lose consistently when doing so. I like the simplicity of calories in/out and eat what I want so long as it fits in with my daily target...also is a good eye opener for what is in some things 🙈

Also if you are competitve the challenges on fitbit are great, we do them in work and perhaps we can have a few sign ups on here to encourage each other...all those little extra steps sure help!

Just wanted to update- I've now lost a total of 1 stone 8 lbs, so a further 12lbs from my last post. I agree with MissFelipe- calories in vs calories out just seems to be the easiest way for me! 

• Katie372Katie372 Posts: 25 New bride

Hi Brides to be

Well done on the weight loss progress so far!

I run a Facebook group helping ladies get fit and confident for their wedding days.

Join me here if you'd like some FREE tips/workout inspiration; https://www.facebook.com/groups/1667124140025918/

Also I need some help tweaking my Bridal Body Shape coaching programme and would love some insight from you ladies who are on their ''get in shape for the wedding'' journeys.

So if you can spare a few minutes, I was wondering if you could help me by answering a few questions by following the link below?
    https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/CNJPG3X

It would be much appreciated but if not I wish you all the luck in the world and please reach out if you need any help :)

Katie

Bridal Body Shape coach

• I find, when you put more pressure on it becomes harder to lose weight.

I lost 5 stone on my own and then started to put it back on. Best thing I did was cutting out little things one week at a time to get it out of my system and make it a little easier.

I loved Slimming world but it just didn't agree with all the exercise I was doing as I could see the weight loss but wasn't showing on the scales. When I was at slimming world a woman lost 6 stone in as many months by sticking to plan. She didn't do anything other than that.

I hope your Journey goes as you want it too. Just remember not to be hard on yourself if you have a bad week, that was one thing I always forgot.