Weight loss for September 18 wedding

I have my first dress fitting on 13th July, for my wedding in September, and I'm desperately wanting to lose between 1.5 and 2 stone for the big day.

I have been told by the seamstress to have my weight stable by the first dress fitting ie July, so need to have most of the weight lost by then...

Any tips on how to shift the weight? 

• Hi Gemma! 

I’m also trying to lose weight for my wedding in September. It’s hard work! Lol

I’ve generally been losing 1/2 a stone a month and most of that by walking believe it or not! Takes up a good bit of my time though...

There‘s a loch near my house and to go round it twice (once before work and once after) is about 5 miles (and roughly an hour each time). I do this most days and always get my first walk in (because I do that one with my mum who is also trying to lose weight and I wouldn’t let her down! - from doing 1 2.5 mile walk a day she has lost 12lbs in just over 2 months).

On top of that I do 2-3 classes at the gym a week. Monday is Body Pump, Wednesday is Body Combat and Saturday is Legs, Bums, Tums. If I miss any of the classes I get my gym mat out in the house to do a bit of LBT (not always lol). 

On 28th March this year I was 12.9 and today I am 11.10. I have also been going down in inches - I was a size 16 and today I bought a size 12 dress :) (probably the big end of 12 but I’m not caring!) Obviously I eat sensibly though have the odd treat :)

• Don’t know if this is a good reference as different clothes/angles etc. but first one is from 4th April and the second one is me in my new dress today 😂. Please don’t think I’m a weirdo for taking pics - I send them to my fiancé to see what he thinks!! Lol

• Mrs2018Mrs2018 Posts: 398

I'm a September bride trying to loose weight aswell:) I started off well looking a few pounds a week but I've put it all back on 😔 and struggling to keep to a diet. I do loads of walking aswell my phone counts my steps and on acerage i do around 14000 -18000 steps a day (the school/nursery run takes up most of that as from home to school to nursery and back home takes about 90mins) so thought I'd loose from that but I can't resist the treats. 

LJM YOU LOOK GREAT I can deffo see the difference! I take changing room selfies too 😂 it helps to get opinions and I can look back and make a decision later if I want to

• Mrs2018 - I know exactly what you mean! I went out for a tapas lunch today after me going on about the exercise I've been doing  Oh well, I'll keep trying! Well done with all the walking - that's about the same amount of steps as me. Tiring, isn't it? lol,

Snack wise - I love crisps. The only way I'm able to stay away from them is not buying them in because I know I don't have the will power to leave them alone. If I buy a multipack I can't sit and eat 3 or 4 packets at a time. Nightmare!!

And thank you very much :) xx

• When I get married at that time I had the heavyweight. That time my cousin suggested me a weighted vest helps my losing weight and I wear a weighted vest did some exercise, running regular workouts. And finally, I could my weight loss. So I will suggest you can do it or meet an expert who helps you. 

• Katie372Katie372 Posts: 25 New bride

Hi Ladies

Congrats on the upcoming weddings!

If you need some help getting wedding dress confident, come and join me in my Bridal Body Shape group on facebook for FREE workouts and healthy eating tips.

There's lots of like minded ladies there who you can share your journey with and you can even pick up my FREE guide on ''7 ways to lose fat that will work for any woman'' if you PM me when in the group.

I look forward to seeing you there! 

Katie

Bridal Body Shape

• MrsGxMrsGx Posts: 329 New bride

I've lost over 8 stone following mainly SW.

I say mainly SW because there are certain elements of the plan I disagree with and I don't believe it is the healthiest of weight loss plans (don't get me started. Or do if you want me to waffle on about it haha!).
    However, if you follow it, it does work. I followed it strictly till I lost around 5 stone, then I started to realise that things like Muller light yogurts and sweeteners are not really something I want to continue having in my diet. So I've now adapted a more 'clean eating/vegan' approach and eat as much unprocessed, whole natural foods as possible. It hasn't affected my weightloss tweaking things slightly and I feel much better for it.

I've also been going to the gym 3x a week for the past 2 years. I've gone from being a size 24-26 to now being a size 12.

I do recommend SW for weight loss, but always caution people on using it if you want a healthy eating plan, because some areas of SW are not what I deem to be particularly 'healthy'.