Where is my motivation?!

Hi all. Pictured below is me in my wedding dress I am paying a deposit for in September. I want to lose 2.5/3 stone before our big day in 2020 and I have no motivation to lose weight. Its vile. My goal is right there in front of me yet I can't seem to get focused. Please tell me I'm not the only one alone in this?! Calling all brides in my situation!

Thank you in advance ❤️

• So sometimes I find there is many things breaking you away from the motivation. 

Things I tend to find doing this are: 

a. too big a goal which seems unachievabel 2-3st is a lot, try breaking it down to half a stone at a time so it feels really achievable. Say I want to lose half a stone by October or November or whatever

b. the timing too large. kinda ties into the first one. 2020 seems ages away so who cares you've got loads of time and your brain will procrastinate it away. Try taking time out of it and just settle into the pattern of losing weight

c. do it for you not the dress. Losing weight is best done when you are doing it for your own health and body confidence. Not because you want a smaller number on the dress size. 

Above all get support. My OH has no need to lose weight but comes along with me to run and train. I have friends who also want to lose weight hitting the pool with me 3 times a week, we all hold each other accountable. Things like MFP or Weight watchers or whatever group you like will help you feel more accountable, supported and empowered! Good luck!

• Ashley72Ashley72 Posts: 1,137 New bride
    MrsG2B Nov 2018 wrote (see post):

So sometimes I find there is many things breaking you away from the motivation. 

Things I tend to find doing this are: 

a. too big a goal which seems unachievabel 2-3st is a lot, try breaking it down to half a stone at a time so it feels really achievable. Say I want to lose half a stone by October or November or whatever

b. the timing too large. kinda ties into the first one. 2020 seems ages away so who cares you've got loads of time and your brain will procrastinate it away. Try taking time out of it and just settle into the pattern of losing weight

c. do it for you not the dress. Losing weight is best done when you are doing it for your own health and body confidence. Not because you want a smaller number on the dress size. 

Above all get support. My OH has no need to lose weight but comes along with me to run and train. I have friends who also want to lose weight hitting the pool with me 3 times a week, we all hold each other accountable. Things like MFP or Weight watchers or whatever group you like will help you feel more accountable, supported and empowered! Good luck!

👆🏼 Exactly this! Well said!

I find for a diet or lifestyle change to work your head needs to be in the right place. A wedding is a good motivator but also a big pressure which can sometimes be detrimental. There’s this pressure that we have to look the best we have ever looked which is actually quite a big ask! Try to concentrate on feeling the best you’ve ever felt - think about how much more confident and healthy you’ll feel each half a stone, say, and how much your skin will glow when you’re eating more veg or drinking more water. Think about how good you want to feel and before you eat anything dwell on that image for a few seconds. I find the more mindful I am about how I feel when I eat, the easier it is to make better choices.

PS Beautiful dress!

• That’s the dress I had!!!!

I think you look gorgeous, if you lost 3 stone there would be nothing left lol!  

I was a size 16-18 on my wedding day.  I’m happy to post pics if you want?

• TeamJamiesonLowe wrote (see post):

That’s the dress I had!!!!

I think you look gorgeous, if you lost 3 stone there would be nothing left lol!  

I was a size 16-18 on my wedding day.  I’m happy to post pics if you want?

Yes please thank you so much that would be be great 😘❤️